it begins

Are you a yard or home haunter? Discuss that here.
putrid
Crypt Keeper
What is the highest number?: 9

it begins

Post by putrid » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:32 pm

I went to target today. they have new halloween baby cloths. I expect it will only be a week or two till they switch out the school supplies/summer stuff with halloween decorations WOOHOO!.
went to garden ridge today as well. they have all their halloween stuff up. nothing that I saw was a great deal but still ... they had some life size skeletons for like 39.00 pretty close looking to the buckies.... which is a good deal, since the buckies cost 90$ plus. but if your like me I've settled for the bluckies....will keep an eye out though......also just happened to pass by then area where halloween spirit shop always is and they are setting up.
also still looking for inflatable mannequins.... if any one sees any deals (including shipping) for under 10$ a piece post it please.

noticed a couple good deals on ebay for masks... keep an eye out for the starting bid of 99 cents there are some steals

and so it begins
In the Mouth of Madness (John Carpenter):
"The insane could easily become the majority and you would find yourself locked in a padded cell."

Fezzek
Zombie

Re: it begins

Post by Fezzek » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:21 pm

I promised I wasn't going to start early this year (I always say that...) but for some reason Big Lot's already had some odds and ends on the shelf the 1st week of June. Needless to say the bug bit me and serious planning for new 08 projects started for me at the beginning of summer almost 2 & 1/2 months ago! 3 weeks ago we cleaned out the garage to make room, 2 weeks ago started gathering "parts" and building. 3 of the larger projects are in various stages now. Last night the new neighbors came up the driveway to see what all the funny lights and noise was all about. The old ones just laughed, shook their heads and said "you'll see". Yup, it's here........
You can Keep your happy little elves, fat guys in red suits, and little spring rabbits. It's HALLOWEEN all the way for me!

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Post by Andybev01 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:07 pm

what are 'buckies'?
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

Rising Dead Man
Halloween Master

Post by Rising Dead Man » Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:28 pm

I think that means bucky skeletons. Those are realistic skeletons.

http://www.halloweenboneyard.com
Halloween wraps fear in innocence,
As though it were a slightly sour sweet.
Let terror, then, be turned into a treat...
~Nicholas Gordon

putrid
Crypt Keeper

Post by putrid » Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:34 pm

and the "bluckies" are blow molded skeletons.. they are a lot cheaper (10$ if your lucky) they are a lot less realistic but can get the job done just as well... i've even seen the bluckies used in haunted houses .

"Buckies" are just too expensive sometimes.
"The insane could easily become the majority and you would find yourself locked in a padded cell."

putrid
Crypt Keeper

Post by putrid » Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:41 pm

what kind of projects are you working on ? ? I'm hoping to make a coffin this year. plus working to better the life size zombies

california ghoul
Master Reaper

Post by california ghoul » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:35 pm

I saw a bunch of stuff including gravestones at the Dollar Store last week. I'm so going to snatch up a bunch of those and just jazz them up myself with some red paint.
I've learned there are three things you don't discuss with people: religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin. - Linus

Fezzek
Zombie

Post by Fezzek » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:58 pm

The "Blow Molds" can actually work quite well with a little creative elbow grease, 1/2 inch pvc, and "snotrag mache" for texturing. Hours of messy fun I tell you, hours!

Easy new project added to my to do list after finding a 50% off sale after dinner: suspended glowing orbs (solar balls) in the graveyard. Experimented with them tonight and with a little more finesse and camouflage they will work out just fine.

happy haunting everyone!
You can Keep your happy little elves, fat guys in red suits, and little spring rabbits. It's HALLOWEEN all the way for me!

Rising Dead Man
Halloween Master

Post by Rising Dead Man » Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:01 pm

putrid wrote:and the "bluckies" are blow molded skeletons.. they are a lot cheaper (10$ if your lucky) they are a lot less realistic but can get the job done just as well... i've even seen the bluckies used in haunted houses .

"Buckies" are just too expensive sometimes.
I thought bluckies was just a typo.
Halloween wraps fear in innocence,
As though it were a slightly sour sweet.
Let terror, then, be turned into a treat...
~Nicholas Gordon

putrid
Crypt Keeper

Post by putrid » Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:45 pm

nope

bluckies are blow molded skeletons. not all that realistic but as stated before with a little work look really good. They can actually help not scare the little kids so bad either.

buckies are the actual realistic looking skeletons. the can get pretty expensive sometimes. but I think they are a little overated for the price you pay.

Samhain
Master Reaper

Post by Samhain » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:32 am

I'm trying not to get too hyped so early because I don't want to burn myself out before Oct, 31. It's not easy to do when you see decorations all over the place, though. Big Lots had theirs out by the second weak of July. And yes, I bought a few. It won't be long before Wal-Mart gets their stuff out. They are usually the last place in town to do so.
HAPPY HALLOWEEN...

Alan Wake
Haunt Master

Post by Alan Wake » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:36 am

Walgreens has put out all of their Halloween items. The bug has bit me. I'm ready for it. :P

"But nightmares exist outside of logic, and there's little fun to be had in explanations; they're antithetical to the poetry of fear." - Stephen King

putrid
Crypt Keeper

Post by putrid » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:49 pm

just bought a "ground breaker" zombie at target .. they had about 75% of the halloween stuff up.... and I just ate enough halloween candy to kill an elephant.... I LOVE HALLOWEEN!!!

ldiliberto
Zombie

Post by ldiliberto » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:34 am

Pretty soon they are going to start putting Halloween stuff out in August, it's going to be one big blur between labor day and October 31st.
The Halloween Projector Guy
HALLOWEEN PROJECTORS
THE Source for high quality Holiday Projectors

dw by design
Zombie

Post by dw by design » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:58 am

ALL the stuff is out here (in Ontario, Canada), usually starts beginning of August and the final stuff being displayed 2nd week of september.... i'm just looking for the final touches now... i need a couple of lights (there were a couple of corners too dark last year) and to clean my fog machines, buy batteries etc... and then look for the ONE item that's soooo special i have to buy it!! lol.