REALLY INTERESTING Party: Making a scary Twist!

Are you having a Halloween Party? Discuss ideas here!
Hallownerd
Crypt Keeper

REALLY INTERESTING Party: Making a scary Twist!

Post by Hallownerd » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:57 am

I want to have a normal Halloween party, and from what I've seen with the community in these forums has been great advice, so I think I have all the regular party stuff down, and I'm not going to ask for "desperate help" on how to plan a party. What I'm really looking for is some way to really shake it up and scare the hell (sorry) out of everyone there. I'm thinking of playing a gong noise (Gong Noise) in the middle of the party and then using GarageBand to add my voice in a lower pitch to simulate a devil and then say some nasty stuff to scare people (this would all happen by interrupting the music that would already be playing loudly). I think this is a good start, but I need some lines or something to jump out in sync with the lines, or something to happen that is totally, completely awesome, but at the same time extremely scary, all within a budget. If you have any ideas on how to fill in the blanks here, or have your own mid-party scare, then please reply here!

Also, for more information on my party, and how it's coming along, then please go to my website (link in signature). Thanks!
-Tony-

Also check out the site for my Yard Haunt: Nightmare on Ames Street

HalloweenDot
Site Admin
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: REALLY INTERESTING Party: Making a scary Twist!

Post by HalloweenDot » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:44 pm

Just a few months ago I saw a spooky door bell and posted a link somewhere (ichime or something like that) to round it out.

As far as having a way to really shake it up, I am not sure. My neighbors had fog machines in their house with just low level lighting and skeletons hanging in the foyer a couple of years ago. They had some strobe lights right outside the door so everyone's eyes were not adjusted to the dark.

Some different neighbors had 8-10 mannequins that were dressed up and positioned all around their yard, 3 looking like they were sitting at a table for example. They also had 3 or 4 people dressed up that looked almost exactly like the mannequins. These people were going around and would sit down with the mannequins and hold perfectly still for 5 or 10 minutes until the people in the area had cycled through it. Once there were new people in the area as soon as people went to look at them, the NON-mannequins would jump up and scream at them. My friend's 10 and 9 year old nearly jumped out of their skins as did everyone we watched.

There were a LOT of people there and a lot of people cycling through the areas - it was more of a haunted house as compared to a Halloween party, but it was quite effective in giving people a fright.

Hallownerd wrote:I want to have a normal Halloween party, and from what I've seen with the community in these forums has been great advice, so I think I have all the regular party stuff down, and I'm not going to ask for "desperate help" on how to plan a party. What I'm really looking for is some way to really shake it up and scare the hell (sorry) out of everyone there. I'm thinking of playing a gong noise (Gong Noise) in the middle of the party and then using GarageBand to add my voice in a lower pitch to simulate a devil and then say some nasty stuff to scare people (this would all happen by interrupting the music that would already be playing loudly). I think this is a good start, but I need some lines or something to jump out in sync with the lines, or something to happen that is totally, completely awesome, but at the same time extremely scary, all within a budget. If you have any ideas on how to fill in the blanks here, or have your own mid-party scare, then please reply here!

Also, for more information on my party, and how it's coming along, then please go to my website (link in signature). Thanks!
Halloween.com since 1994 - Chris

Rising Dead Man
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Re: REALLY INTERESTING Party: Making a scary Twist!

Post by Rising Dead Man » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:55 pm

I love that gong noise.! :mrgreen:

Here is an awesome noise that could come after it. Maybe just before or during the devil voice.

http://www.countessbloodshalloweenhorro ... goback.wav
Halloween wraps fear in innocence,
As though it were a slightly sour sweet.
Let terror, then, be turned into a treat...
~Nicholas Gordon