Halloween Dinner Party Menu and Guide

Are you having a Halloween Party? Discuss ideas here!
HalloweenDot
Site Admin
What is the highest number?: 10992

Halloween Dinner Party Menu and Guide

Post by HalloweenDot » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:23 am

Here is a nice site that has a Halloween Dinner Party menu and planning guide so that you can through a great Halloween dinner party. Have any other tips? Add them here!

http://www.gourmet-food-revolution.com/ ... party.html
Halloween.com since 1994 - Chris

StationeryGuy
Zombie
What is the highest number?: 9

Re: Halloween Dinner Party Menu and Guide

Post by StationeryGuy » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:16 pm

That is good, love the duck and cherry sauce combo - I've had that before.

HalloweenDot
Site Admin

Post by HalloweenDot » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:34 pm

I haven't had that combination, but it does sound good. I just need a full-time chef around here (plus a full time maid) and then I can get stuff like that instead of PB&J! ;-)

StationeryGuy wrote:That is good, love the duck and cherry sauce combo - I've had that before.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:57 pm

A dinner party sounds a bit informal for Halloween. Sure, I do plan to serve food when I have my Halloween party, but it's not going to be so formal as a dinner party.

And the 'bill of fare' is going to be quite simple. Hot dogs roasted in the livingroom fire place.

Mike

HalloweenDot
Site Admin

Post by HalloweenDot » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:21 pm

I think one of the mystery/who-done-it type dinner parties would be cool for Halloween. Not that I have done one, but it would be fun!
Pumpkin_Man wrote:A dinner party sounds a bit informal for Halloween. Sure, I do plan to serve food when I have my Halloween party, but it's not going to be so formal as a dinner party.

And the 'bill of fare' is going to be quite simple. Hot dogs roasted in the livingroom fire place.

Mike

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:53 am

I need to correct myself here. I meant to say that a dinner party seems a bit "formal." Halloween is supposed to be very leisure and fun, not formal. Formal is like dressing up in a tuxedo or your best suit and tie. I never have parties like that. I'll cook good food when I have a party, but it's never anything so "formal" as a dinner party.

The "who done it" theme also sounds like a great way to have fun. Some t imes when I visit my family in October they play the board game "Clue." It's not as much fun as a real murder mystery scenario, but the object of the game is to gues the name of the morderer, the weapon used and the room where it was done. It's fun, though I'm not a huge board game person.

Mike

HalloweenDot
Site Admin

Post by HalloweenDot » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:45 pm

Hi,
I figured you meant "formal". ;-)

I do agree with the sentiments, and definitely wouldn't do the tuxedo unless it was part of those who-done-it mysteries and the guest had to wear one!

I think it would be a fun theme for a Halloween party if it was primarily and adult party. Older kids too if they were told old to trick-or-treat.

Pumpkin_Man wrote:I need to correct myself here. I meant to say that a dinner party seems a bit "formal." Halloween is supposed to be very leisure and fun, not formal. Formal is like dressing up in a tuxedo or your best suit and tie. I never have parties like that. I'll cook good food when I have a party, but it's never anything so "formal" as a dinner party.

The "who done it" theme also sounds like a great way to have fun. Some t imes when I visit my family in October they play the board game "Clue." It's not as much fun as a real murder mystery scenario, but the object of the game is to gues the name of the morderer, the weapon used and the room where it was done. It's fun, though I'm not a huge board game person.

Mike

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:28 pm

As for the food, there's never a bad time for barbecue. That's just my opinion, but I barbecue all year around, and some times when the weather is cold, and I'm feeling a bit lazy, I roast hot dogs in my livingroom fire place. Best Kosher or Vienna are my personal favorite brands.

Now if I really wanted to go all out with the food, I would barbecue a boneless Standing Rib Roast. That can be great on sanwiches, or you can do potatos and veggies and a salad. Weather permitting, I am definately going to barbecue on the real Halloween, even if it's the hot dogs in the fire place.

Mike