Costumes that don't freeze you to death?

Chat about your costumes
Autumnal_whispers
Crypt Keeper
What is the highest number?: 10992

Costumes that don't freeze you to death?

Post by Autumnal_whispers » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:17 am

Okay, I'm from southwestern PA. I've been trying to think about a costume that offers adequate protection from the cold. Every costume I've ever had was made of horrible material that left me with goosebumps for the entire night. (And I don't even wear those skimpy costumes that people my age are famous for wearing!) In recent years I've just worn my normal clothes and throw on accessories like a witch hat, blood, or last year was my rainbow fairy wings. It's not that I don't want to really dress up. I just don't want to freeze! I was at a Halloween dance at the high school in 2005, and it was snowing that year! Can anyone offer advice?

adrian
Halloween Master

Re: Costumes that don't freeze you to death?

Post by adrian » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:13 am

This is an idea i've had and i haven't seen any one do it (at least not around here) this will also keep you warm bc you can wear leggings or what ever up under it and still bring out the feminine sexiness that's popular right now without showing the skin you're not wanting too!!

what about being a sexy girl michael myers? Dickies makes the jump suit that michael wears but they also carry them for women.... the suits are more close fitting and show off natural curves... if you wanted to keep it sexy (if that's what you dig) then keep the top un zipped a tad to show just a little cleavage :)

then... Just add the mask and BOOM!! a sexy Michael Myers!!! sorry if i was no help.
Last night 'twas witching Hallowe'en
Dearest; an apple russet- brown
I pared, and thrice above my crown
Whirled the long skin; they watched in keen;
I flung it far; they laughed and cried me shame
Dearest, there lay the letter of your name!

Autumnal_whispers
Crypt Keeper

Post by Autumnal_whispers » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:01 pm

Haha, I like that! I've never really thought about that before! The only issue I'd really have would be the mask, since I do like showing my face a bit. I wonder if there would be a way to do my makeup in a sexy, but Micheal Myers-looking way?

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:09 pm

well of course you could do the pale make up look and with a little grey, use his facial features to accent yours.. dark around the eyes, highlight the cheek bones and such.. and since you hair is blonde.. there is something advertising called the bump it that's pretty hot when used right.. his hair is raised due to the mask.. you could use the bump it in that fasion the symbolize his hair while letting your make up hint to who you are.. i'm sure once all of that and the dickies suite and butcher knife come together... they'll get the point :) and maybe you could attach a michael mask to your hip loosley to also symbolize who you are :)

Autumnal_whispers
Crypt Keeper

Post by Autumnal_whispers » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:43 pm

I'm so going to try this out! I'll see if I can attempt it this fall since I'm sure some of my college friends will end up having something for Halloween. Heck, I'll even dress up randomly if I have nowhere to actually wear the costume to. :mrgreen:

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:48 pm

hahaha i know what ya mean.. i've started making my mask as of 3 days ago and i've been slowly building the out fit around it. so in a sense i've been dressing up for the past 3 days hahaha i'm a loser :( LOL

Autumnal_whispers
Crypt Keeper

Post by Autumnal_whispers » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:22 pm

adrian wrote:hahaha i know what ya mean.. i've started making my mask as of 3 days ago and i've been slowly building the out fit around it. so in a sense i've been dressing up for the past 3 days hahaha i'm a loser :( LOL
Haha, nah! If you're a loser then I am too! Today I was testing out some of the fake blood I got last week. lol I'm such a loser I end up squealing every time I see a new Halloween item in a store. lol

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:25 pm

hahaha true true... Dollar General, Party City, Spirit Halloween, Wal-Mart, any where... if you're with me i'm dragging you there lol i was talking to someone on here the other day about how cool it would be if we all lived in the same neighborhood with eachother.. especially around this time of year :wink:

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:41 pm

I've allways had just the oposite roblem. When I use to dress up, despite the evening chill, I was allways hot and stuffy inside my costumes. Go figure.

Mike

Autumnal_whispers
Crypt Keeper

Post by Autumnal_whispers » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:55 pm

adrian wrote:hahaha true true... Dollar General, Party City, Spirit Halloween, Wal-Mart, any where... if you're with me i'm dragging you there lol i was talking to someone on here the other day about how cool it would be if we all lived in the same neighborhood with eachother.. especially around this time of year :wink:
Haha, I might be the one dragging everyone to the stores! I had to go to the dentist recently and I forced my mom to stop at the Rite Aid, Fun Party Store, Big Lots, and Walmart just so I can look around. Mostly everyone has fall harvest stuff right now, but Big Lots, The Dollar Tree, and Fun Party Store all have Halloween items! :mrgreen:

Autumnal_whispers
Crypt Keeper

Post by Autumnal_whispers » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:57 pm

Pumpkin_Man wrote: I've allways had just the oposite roblem. When I use to dress up, despite the evening chill, I was allways hot and stuffy inside my costumes. Go figure.

Mike
That mostly just happens to me if I wear a mask, but sometimes it will be super hot during the day but freezing that night. Where do you live?

jadewik
Halloween Master

Post by jadewik » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:01 pm

My only advice is to wear layers.... long-johns underneath a costume or something.

Then again, what do I know about cold? I live in the desert. It's about 80-degrees here in October....

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:46 am

I live in Illinois, about 80 miles south of Chicato. Dwight is the name of the town. It coud be either warm or freezing on Halloween. Last year it was about 73 degrees during the day time, but dipped down into the 50s at night. When I went for my midnight motorcycle ride, I did have to wear a coat and gloves.

Mike

Firefighter_Barbie
Master Reaper

Post by Firefighter_Barbie » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:09 pm

I'm not overly sure on what kind of costumes exactly because I'm having the exact same issue you have lol In my mind, double up on everything. Like if you are wearing a dress/shirt and have leggings...double up and wear two pair OR wear spandex volleyball shorts under the skirt...I sdid that last year and worked like a charm! Do you have long hair? I have extremely thick hair so I wear it down on halloween which adds just that much more protection from the cold. You know those heat packs that paramedics use, and you can get at your local drug store? My friend actually taped one to each leg, one to her back, and one to her front and it amazingly worked...and her dress what the most skimpiest one I've seen.

Anyways there are a few ideas for you, so I hope that help :)

Cheers,
Kate

Ghoul of the Graves
Halloween Master

Post by Ghoul of the Graves » Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:30 pm

I'm usually really warm. Even if I'm not wearing a mask. It is is rare for warm nights on the South East coast of England >_>
Last edited by Ghoul of the Graves on Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please report all offensive posts to the Mods!