Twilight

Halloween and Horror Movies
TheGreatPumpkin
Master Reaper

Twilight

Post by TheGreatPumpkin » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:52 pm

I all the Twilight Books and the Twilight movie. I cannot wait until next fall when the new movie comes out.

Haunt Master

Re: Twilight

Post by Haunt Master » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:06 pm

I made this thread myself, in case which you didn't check out carefully.

And, I believe Twilight comes to DVD in April. Also, it will be shown TV On Demand too. ;)

TheGreatPumpkin
Master Reaper

Post by TheGreatPumpkin » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:48 am

Actually, it will be releases March 21st. I checked the website and thecoldones.com. Have you read the books? They are really good.

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:31 pm

Thanks for the release date. ;)

TheGreatPumpkin wrote:Actually, it will be releases March 21st. I checked the website and thecoldones.com. Have you read the books? They are really good.

TheGreatPumpkin
Master Reaper

Post by TheGreatPumpkin » Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:47 am

Sure, no problem. Have you visited the new thecoldones.com. It's pretty cool, all about Twilight.

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:13 pm

Yes, I've visited there. And, fyi that this Twilight is not "really" my favorite movie, but it's a good movie thru... I know there is no violence, language, etc. Except one bite threatening! :roll:

TheGreatPumpkin wrote:Sure, no problem. Have you visited the new thecoldones.com. It's pretty cool, all about Twilight.

TheGreatPumpkin
Master Reaper

Post by TheGreatPumpkin » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:20 pm

Actually it's about other vampires too, that's why it is called thecoldones.com. There is a thread on there about The Lost Boys but it has been so long since I have seen that movie, I really don't have too much to say about that one.

DemonSlayerMau
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by DemonSlayerMau » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:16 pm

I haven't seen it, but there have been complaints about it on gaia online. My cousin let me borrow the book but I haven't really gotten around to reading it.
I may just see the movie because I'm lazy. I don't know if it's really good or not, all I know is that they say the vampires "sparkle" and they didn't like the romantic dynamic of Edward as opposed to the classic evil cunning vampires.
As long as he's not undead I might like it, I think vampires that are undead are severely cliched.
This probably seems crazy, crazy, a graveyard theory,
A ghost tried to approach me and got leery.
Ask him a question and he vanished in a second...

~ From a Ghost's Pumpkin Soup (Pumpkin Hill zone theme Song from Sonic Adventure 2) ~

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:21 pm

I'm sorry, but I thought "Twilight" was a bit of a drag. It was a bit slow moving, and more of a Romance story then a horror story. There were a few interesting moments, but all in all, I was pretty bored through the entire thing. I also hated the house the vampire family lived in. Vampires are supposed to live in creepy old haunted mansions with grave yards around them, not ultra modern compounds with track lighting and built in swimming pools.

Sorry, but when it comes to vampires, I'm a staunch traditionalist. I much prefer Count Dracula/Barnabas Collins type or classical type vampires over the "new fangled" ones you see in today's portrayals. I was also not a huge fan of the "Lestat" series.

Mike

TheGreatPumpkin
Master Reaper

Post by TheGreatPumpkin » Sat May 09, 2009 8:34 am

I respect your opinion but I still LOVE all the Twilight books. I don't read them to be frightened, it is an escape with the inference that you MAY become frightened. You should read all the books,, they get a little scarier (but not much).

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue May 12, 2009 2:41 pm

I would assume that the books are allways better then the movies, but I am not a really huge fan of romance stories per se, though I did love "Dark Shadows," and that had plenty of romance. It also had plenty of horror, history, and creepy classic 'haunted house' type scenarios, too.

What I really didn't like about "Twilight" the movie was the departure from the traditional, classic vampire. The vampires in "Twilight" walked around during the day time, had crosses in their house, lived in an ultra modern house, played Baseball and were pretty much "regular" people aside from being vampires with special powers. I much prefer the classic "Count Dracula" or "Barnabas Collins" type vampire who must be in his coffin by dawn, lives in an old mansion and has a sinister aspect to his personality. But that's me. I never read the "Twilight" books, so I can't really judge them one way or the other. I just didn't like the movie is all.

Mike

jadewik
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by jadewik » Thu May 14, 2009 8:17 pm

I didn't like the movie... too many EXTREME CLOSE-UPS!

Review from my LJ entry:
First words out of my mouth about 5-seconds after seeing the Phoenix part of the film:
That's so not filmed in Phoenix. Those curbs are not MAG standard curbs.

... and they aren't MAG standard detail 220-1 Type C as is common in residential areas in the city. Sorry, but I grew up in Phoenix and that was seriously New Mexican desert 'cause those mountains weren't the Superstitions. Of course, if I hadn't spent close to 20-years of my existence in Phoenix and if I hadn't become an engineer who is familiar with MAG standards... I probably wouldn't have noticed; But it was one of those moments where something was so un-real (like in that "Interpreter of Maladies" book when the utility company finishes their work a day early...)

Anyway, all that picky-ness aside... the movie still felt like watching a not-so-great movie straight from the 80's. If you like super cheeze with your fries, then this film would be delicious.

The acting of the HS gang was VERY forced. It was almost like the kids had zero acting experience. That bad. Jessica was a complete ditz-- so unlike "Twilight's" backstabbing mastermind or those cheerleaders from my HS growing up. The character's only competition for smallest number of braincells was the lead-- Robert Pattinson, AKA "Cedward". I thought [My friend we saw the movie with] was kidding when she said, after going to the ComicCon panel for Twilight, that the boy acted drunk all the time... and now we both know why Cedric only had so many lines and died early in the Harry Potter films. I know that's way harsh... no offense to the actors but I just wasn't buying it (though, apparently I did because I bought a ticket).

I blame the writers. The dialogue was STRAINED and it showed. If it weren't for a previous warning to watch the film expecting it, I'd have died of shock. As it was, I was able to make light of the poor dialogue. My favourite example was at LaPush when Jacob and his two buddies are talking to Bella, Jessica, and Angela at the van. They made it very well known that the Cullens weren't liked by the Quilute. So when Bella and Jacob are walking on the beach and Bella says something to Jacob about not liking the Cullens and he says, "Oh, you caught that?" I about had my appendix burst from laughing so hard! Durh! There was nothing to catch because they flat out SAID it. [My husband] leaned towards me half-through the film and said it wouldn't be to horrible of a film if they just cut out the dialogue!

... and my goodness... the camera head-shots! Too Many! Seriously, why even film the movie in Forks? I could make a similar film in my garage with a green screen and a sexy, brainless boy at my side. Backgrounds? We don't need 'em. We'll just do an extreme closeup. All. The. Time.

After I finished memorizing the number of pores in Kristen and Roberts' faces and started laughing at the crappy dialogue, the quality of the film started to improve substantially.

James, Victoria, Charlie, Jacob, Laurent, Alice, Emmett and Esme were really fantastic... though that might have been because of the lack of bad lines. Their acting was superb. This isn't to say Bella was horrible... I've seen Kristen Stewart in some good movies. She's a very talented actress... but this film really didn't have the script for her.

I REALLY liked the baseball scene. If that were the movie, I'd have given it an A in visuals and a D- for length of film... but hey, I think that was worth at least half the price I paid for the film. The music was perfecto there and the acting and camera shots were very visually stimulating. Likewise, most of the mirror scene. You really got to see more of what Kristen is capable of...

Rob... Rob... Rob. I really wish they'd used a more capable actor. It was like watching William Shatner's forced dialogue in the old Star Trek series. Bleh!

... and did anyone else catch the cameo by Mrs. Meyer in the diner? It was right before that part where Mike shakes his <deleted> in the window behind Bella as Charlie is telling her and the waitress that the 'animals' went west.

So [my friend] and I decided that this would be a great drinking game movie. Any time you see a head shot, take a sip. It's worth a watch, but rent it... and don't expect much. Maybe play the drinking game your first go-round to make it a bit more fun... and file it under COMEDY because it certainly isn't a serious romance or horror film.
I liked the first three of the novels. The fourth felt forced. It should have been two separate books-- one for the first half and that surprise, and one for the Volturi. But... eh... whatever, right?

I just hope New Moon (the movie) is better than Twilight.... seriously... better writers, PLEASE! ... and I hope, hope, HOPE they do the werewolves proper. If there is one thing about a horror film that turns me off, it's poorly done werewolves. (Van Hellsing and Blood and Chocolate are the only films where I feel they've done werewolves proper justice!)

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Post by Andybev01 » Fri May 15, 2009 12:47 pm

I wouldn't want to make a bad movie and have Jadewik see it :wink:
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

DemonSlayerMau
Halloween Master

Post by DemonSlayerMau » Sat May 16, 2009 6:49 pm

I just hope New Moon (the movie) is better than Twilight.... seriously... better writers, PLEASE! ... and I hope, hope, HOPE they do the werewolves proper. If there is one thing about a horror film that turns me off, it's poorly done werewolves. (Van Hellsing and Blood and Chocolate are the only films where I feel they've done werewolves proper justice!)
I hear ya! Although Underworld II had some cool werewolves, but the first one the werewolves just looked like monsters. I too am VERY picky about werewolves, if they are going to be werewolves, make them LOOK like an anthromorphic wolf. Not just a fuzzy monster. I can understand the old movies like Wolfman that may have been low budget and without a lot of good stuff to work with, but nowadays, there's no excuse for there not having good werewolves. I havn't seen Blood and Chocolate, but I have seen Van Hellsing and I did think the werewolf in that was one of the best in films I'd ever seen.
By any chance, have you seen the Original Howling movie? They didn't show much of the werewolves but when they did, they implemented them pretty well. I believe "Bad Moon" had a pretty good werewolf story...I think that's the name of it. I remember the name "moon" was in the name but I can't really remember.
There's a website called Werewolf-movies.com which shows a list of movies that have at least one werewolf appearence in it if you are interested.
Also, if you google it, New Moon shows the chosen cast to play the werewolves for the sequel to twilight.
Also...this is a game not a movie....but...The expansion pack to
"The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind" called "Blood Moon" had some sweet looking werewolves in it. It was a shame the sequal "Oblivion" didn't have werewolves.
But what I really want to see...is a good detailed werecat. And I swear if I ever get my Werecat story written, and if hell freezes over and It ends up such a hit that it becomes a movie....then I will personally oversee the development of the werecats and werewolves...and if they don't look like real cats or real wolves anthromorphic style...then I will make them redo the design from scratch.
I wouldn't want to make a bad movie and have Jadewik see it
Can I second that please? :lol:
This probably seems crazy, crazy, a graveyard theory,
A ghost tried to approach me and got leery.
Ask him a question and he vanished in a second...

~ From a Ghost's Pumpkin Soup (Pumpkin Hill zone theme Song from Sonic Adventure 2) ~