Member "Touch Base" Centre

Non-Halloween related stuff. Same rules: family oriented, no flaming, be nice. ;-)
Laurie Strode

Post by Laurie Strode » Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:13 pm

Dutchess, I wish you the best on your own procedure coming up shortly, and am sorry to hear about your friends of both the human and feline variety. :? Damn, woman, your break's GOTTA be coming soon!!!!

OEJ, those UPS freaks!! Why would anyone schedule an interview at 6:00 p.m. on any day anyways???! Good luck though, man, that'd be some great money for you! You'll have to watch out for those dogs...our UPS guy is so terrified of our Bailey. :lol: He doesn't understand Bailey's really just all bark. Well I hope you'll still be able to tag along with your friends' children as they gather all the goodies they can find. :D

Cadaverino
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Cadaverino » Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:31 pm

OEJ, I'm guessing the position you're interviewing for is something in sales or marketing, not as a delivery person?

Laurie Strode

Post by Laurie Strode » Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:06 pm

Oh, is that it? Oops. :oops: :) Well, either way, that'd be good $$$!

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:26 pm

No, Cad... It'll be delivery.

Another thing here is, that everyone wants me to EMAIL my resume to them!!!! How the heck so I do THAT??!?!
I'm old school I guess. I have my resume all neatly done up in a very professional folder with recommendation letters and customer testimonials. There's a copy of my last bi-annual performance evaluation report (which was the BEST she'd ever written, in her words), DMV records and all kids of what-not!
Hell! I even have a letter of recommendation from Mayor of Portland's OWN BROTHER!

I want to walk into an office, hand this to someone, knock 'em dead with my infectious charm and personallity - I have a way about me when I'm 'in the zone' - AND GET HIRED.

Years ago, I got and Asst. Mngrs job with a big chain video company out here, by walking up to the Manager, extending my hand and saying, "Hi! I'm you're new assistant Manager and my job is to make yours as easy as possible. Where do you want me to start?"
I was hired on the spot!
Where have these days gone?
Now granted, it's not like this whole computer driven society is a complete shock to me but, things are getting more and more sterile all the time.

Does anyone know how to email a resume?

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:04 pm

Hey OEJ, Just love the introduction you used at the Video company, that was priceless :D

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:11 pm

Why not use the computer to shill FOR you???
Make the idea that your best features cannot POSSIBLY be seen in an online transmission.That it would be in their INTEREST to see you in person.
Send then a pic of you SMILING and extending you hand, for instance. Then tell them how it will PAY THEM DIVIDENDS to see you...mention the letter from the mayors brother, the heavyweight champ evaluation and that fact you'll bring it and a lot more WITH you, and your own DISMAY at how IMPERSONAL and STERILE things have gotten, and how much of a people person you are...(they will probably agree and want to DO something about it for a change...and then you have them...ready to be seduced...)
Future events such as these will effect you in the future

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:42 pm

Holy <deleted>, OEJ their timing sucks :( , but I say:

GO FOR IT, MAN!!!!!!!

Good luck, they'd be crazy NOT to hire you. Here's a thought...if you don't want to e-mail the resume, call and see if you can FAX it to them.

I'll be concentrating on good vibes at teh interview time!!
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

tantraman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by tantraman » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:09 pm

One Eye'd Jack wrote:No, Cad... It'll be delivery.

Another thing here is, that everyone wants me to EMAIL my resume to them!!!! How the heck so I do THAT??!?!
I'm old school I guess. I have my resume all neatly done up in a very professional folder with recommendation letters and customer testimonials. There's a copy of my last bi-annual performance evaluation report (which was the BEST she'd ever written, in her words), DMV records and all kids of what-not!
Hell! I even have a letter of recommendation from Mayor of Portland's OWN BROTHER!

I want to walk into an office, hand this to someone, knock 'em dead with my infectious charm and personallity - I have a way about me when I'm 'in the zone' - AND GET HIRED.

Years ago, I got and Asst. Mngrs job with a big chain video company out here, by walking up to the Manager, extending my hand and saying, "Hi! I'm you're new assistant Manager and my job is to make yours as easy as possible. Where do you want me to start?"
I was hired on the spot!
Where have these days gone?
Now granted, it's not like this whole computer driven society is a complete shock to me but, things are getting more and more sterile all the time.

Does anyone know how to email a resume?

you put it in word format then attach it to a email, but ea I know what you mean I went to a job fair for kicks like 2 months ago and EVERY one of them said go to our website and apply. Don't people believe in interaction anymore lol
happy happy halloween silver shamrock.

Please check out our new horror movie blog check our the first post on our new horror movie blog https://horrormoviehallofflames.wordpress.com/

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:46 pm

Thanks for the tip, Tantraman.

Britishwitch
Master Reaper

Post by Britishwitch » Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:25 am

Hi All

Well it happen....the pc died completely :cry:

Had to go out and buy a new one yesterday. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Hubby has managed to get it going but as you can imagine the info exchange is enormouse!!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I am sorry I missed everyone over the haunting festivities. I have mannaged to look at a few pics and I did start to comment, but that was when pc went to great haunting ground int the sky!

I will try and get my pictures loaded as soon as possible for you all to see.

I really just wanted to say that I haven't deserted you all :)

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:56 am

BritishWitch, Sorry to here about your pc troubles, glad to have you back though :D

magickbean
Halloween Master

Post by magickbean » Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:59 pm

Hey Britishwitch! Sorry to hear that your computer died in the end, but I'm glad you managed to get a new one :)

I too missed all the main festivities - I managed to pop in on the day itself to wish everyone a happy Halloween but I found it very difficult to navigate around the site because of the amount of traffic, and of course because of the amount I still had to do to my flat! lol

I am pretty much back now. I hope everyone had a wonderful time - and I want to see more pictures!!! I will be making two photo posts soon - one for my mum's party on Saturday and one for my party on Wednesday so hey.. there's always that to look forward to haha! ;)

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:35 pm

Sorry I haven't been able to catch up on all the posts or post any pics yet. Life is just so out of control right now. I'm having huge break-downs often due to too much on my plate, to many questions to get answered and having to figure out everything for my baby's surgery, and its all really difficult to deal with with all the many appointments, trying to deal with costs and trying to figure out how to gather the $4500 now in funds for his surgery, and with hubby being so far away, and he's needing to be involved as I don't want to make these kinds of decisions without him as its his income that pays for everything ( we're only on his income as I am still unable to work due to my own health) we still have to get everything set up for his surgery, my next brain procedures, mikes medical stuff, plus much more <deleted> and it all has to take place during the time that hubby is home " Nov 21st to Dec 3rd" There's just so much that I can't possibly typ here cause I don't have the time or health, yeppers flu bug 2nd time around getting me,ug! So I'm just falling aprt, just when you thought you had no tears left to shed they keep coming, and I think all this stress is really adding to how sick I feel, and to top it all off I'm back to smoking which is really making my stress level peak as I know I can't afford to be smoking with my health problems, yet I can't seem to quit again, <deleted>. ANyways, thanks for letting me vent.

Laurie Strode

Post by Laurie Strode » Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:43 pm

We're here for you, Dutchess, ANYTIME you need to vent..anyTHING you need to talk about! I wish I could do more than just listen, and if I ever can please don't hesitate to let me know! I hope that nasty flu does not keep you in its grasp for long!

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:53 pm

Thanks Laurie, Well what I could use help with is a Financial Miricle right now, any prayers would be greatly appreciated :)