What made you happy today? :)

Non-Halloween related stuff. Same rules: family oriented, no flaming, be nice. ;-)
Belladonna
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: What made you happy today? :)

Post by Belladonna » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:35 am

NeverMore wrote:.
I made Belladonna spill her coffee. That made my day.

The only question is... since I haven't been to bed yet, is today tomorrow, or yesterday? What if I don't go to sleep tonight? Does this one still count for tomorrow? I really need to learn how to sleep.
You do that really often, NeverMore! lol Make me spill my coffee or bend over double laughing.
And everyone would have to agree with that.
"The woods are lovely, dark and deep, and I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep. Did you hear me butterfly? Miles to go before you sleep."

Belladonna
Halloween Master

Post by Belladonna » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:36 am

Way to go with the basketball goal, Adrian. :)
My brother is crazy about playing. He's always dragging me out to play. I play like the typical girl!
"The woods are lovely, dark and deep, and I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep. Did you hear me butterfly? Miles to go before you sleep."

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:38 am

adrian wrote:hahahaha get a four wheeler lol that's what my brother did (he has a long drive way hahah)
the mailbox is just a few houses down from me (a community box) but I'm just really lazy..
http://theyard.netii.net/
"You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar but if you pull their wings off they'll eat whatever you give them!"

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:40 am

spook- hahaha then i'd have someone bring it to me lol give em a dollar or two lol

belladonna- I LOVE BASKETBALL.. along side of music its another life for me... i play late at night usually at the gym beside my house :) i've been playing for years and went to the Aubrun Camp a couple of summers :) i'll play ya to 21? :)
Last night 'twas witching Hallowe'en
Dearest; an apple russet- brown
I pared, and thrice above my crown
Whirled the long skin; they watched in keen;
I flung it far; they laughed and cried me shame
Dearest, there lay the letter of your name!

Belladonna
Halloween Master

Post by Belladonna » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:07 pm

You always choose the sports I'm no good in! lol

witchy
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by witchy » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:12 pm

Bella don't feel bad I am not good at any sports, all I can do in Run 3 to 5 miles & thats
just sad.
I am not Happy or sad or mad I am just bored!!!!! Witchy

sueluvshalloween
Haunt Master

Post by sueluvshalloween » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:17 pm

witchy wrote:Bella don't feel bad I am not good at any sports, all I can do in Run 3 to 5 miles & thats
just sad.
I am not Happy or sad or mad I am just bored!!!!! Witchy
There's nothing sad about that, Witchy -- running is a great sport! It's probably the only one I'm good at, too. :alien:

Belladonna
Halloween Master

Post by Belladonna » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:19 pm

Hey fellow-runners! I love it!

MacPhantom
Halloween Master

Post by MacPhantom » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:28 pm

sueluvshalloween wrote:
That must have made you feel great! How far did you run? I'm also a runner and ran a 10-mile race on October 10 at 7:30 a.m. My finishing time was 1:26:03, which I was happy with. I didn't place 1st, 2nd or 3rd in my division, but out of the 115 females in the 45 to 49 range (I'm 47), I came in 16th place, beating out 99 other women. There were a little over 1,500 runners total, and my overall place was 473rd. The overall winner was a 35-year-old male who finished in 55:24. I can't imagine being able to run that fast for that distance!
That's awesome! Congrats! I'll be happy if I can still hobble, much less run when I'm in my forties!

I only do 4 miles a day, and I try to go at least five days a week. When I started back up in February, I called it my "Jogwaddlewalk", but now it's mostly a run. I do feel good after, but I can't exactly claim that I run because I enjoy it. I do it 'cause if I don't, I'll have to get to and from the Maury Povich show on the back of a flat-bed truck. :wink:

witchy
Halloween Master

Post by witchy » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:46 pm

Were any of you in track in high school? I was the fastest till about 10th grade then I was told I had asthma, what a blow to my ego. I still have it, but I have it under control. And thanks for the uplifting post. Witchy

sueluvshalloween
Haunt Master

Post by sueluvshalloween » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:32 pm

No, Witchy, I was not in track during high school. I was diagnosed with asthma when I was four -- that was when I experienced my first asthma attack, which kept me in the hospital for a week. Although I was an active child -- I roller-skated, rode my bike, played tag and hop-scotch, etc., I was exempt from participating in overstrenuous p.e. activities that required endurance. When you just do "normal" kid running around, such as the activities that I mentioned, it's more stop-go. It's nothing that I had to keep up for long periods of a time, as in cross-country, or sprinting as in track and field. When I was a kid, they didn't have preventive inhalers or medications. We knew nothing about managing our asthma so that you wouldn't have an asthma attack. The rule back then was don't overdo it, otherwise you'll need your rescue inhaler. I wish when I was a kid we had all the meds we have today because maybe I would've been on the track or cross-country team. Also, it's a vicious circle. I was picked on during a couple of grades and wonder if maybe I did a sport, I would've developed more confidence in myself, which is what I really could've used back then. But because I got picked on, I never had the confidence to want to go out and try, which actually sounds dumb because of my asthma I wouldn't have been able to have done anything anyway. Don't get me wrong -- I didn't have an unhappy childhood and I had friends. It was just a couple of grades that I had some problems with certain kids. :x

sueluvshalloween
Haunt Master

Post by sueluvshalloween » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:38 pm

MacPhantom wrote:
sueluvshalloween wrote:
That must have made you feel great! How far did you run? I'm also a runner and ran a 10-mile race on October 10 at 7:30 a.m. My finishing time was 1:26:03, which I was happy with. I didn't place 1st, 2nd or 3rd in my division, but out of the 115 females in the 45 to 49 range (I'm 47), I came in 16th place, beating out 99 other women. There were a little over 1,500 runners total, and my overall place was 473rd. The overall winner was a 35-year-old male who finished in 55:24. I can't imagine being able to run that fast for that distance!
That's awesome! Congrats! I'll be happy if I can still hobble, much less run when I'm in my forties!

I only do 4 miles a day, and I try to go at least five days a week. When I started back up in February, I called it my "Jogwaddlewalk", but now it's mostly a run. I do feel good after, but I can't exactly claim that I run because I enjoy it. I do it 'cause if I don't, I'll have to get to and from the Maury Povich show on the back of a flat-bed truck. :wink:
Thank you! You're doing fine. Four miles a day, five days a week is great. You're active and whatever your motivation for doing it is, the fact is you're out there running and that's what matters. :mrgreen:

Belladonna
Halloween Master

Post by Belladonna » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:20 pm

I never ran in school, I took gymnastics. I discovered running after I got to be an adult, sadly.
I wish that I had.

Mac's a runner too? We have a lot of people here. It's too bad we don't live closer, we could run together.

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:06 pm

I discovered running when I became a teenager. Usually I was accompanied by men wearing blue uniforms.

witchy
Halloween Master

Post by witchy » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:32 am

I've been a runner most of my life, Asthma made it harder but not imposible.
When I turn 40 I ripped my Achilles heel, I also had two tendons & a nerve moved
I couldn't walk for amost a year. I was told I would never run again, but I proved them
wrong, I can only run straight aways no curves, so I run down Jungerman Road for 2 mile then turn around & come back. It's better than nothing. I was a long distant runner in high school, I miss it terribly!! Witchy