Let's show our new stuff!!!

What do you like to decorate with? That bucket of blood?
Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:46 pm

Hey LawP, Ya I was out at our Wal-Mart and they still don't have much out either. You'd think that they'd realize, the sooner they bring the stuff out, the more money they'd make :wink:

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:29 pm

pum'kinpye;

We bought a roll of black plastic at Lowe's, and got 5 years of decor out of it. Great value for a reasonable price.
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:30 am

OEJ I love the ornaments!!!! They would look great on my Halloween tree I have planned for the office.

I just checked at Target again yesterday but still all the school stuff was out.
"Drink up me 'earties Yo Ho. Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!"

jadewik
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by jadewik » Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:07 am

Just a couple new additions to my collection...so far. (Hehehe.) A bust I probably shouldn't have bought.... and a backpack my sister-in-law made me. ^_^

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:55 am

Hey jadewik, I love the eye shading on that bust, makes it very creepy looking. And my what a wonderful sister In-Law you must have, bet she would come in handy at costume making time :wink:

pum'kinpye
Master Reaper

Post by pum'kinpye » Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:15 am

Love the backpack! Great sil you have!

MHooch: We don't have a Lowe's..just Walmart.

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:06 pm

Wow that bust really does have a look like it was really replicated after someone specific. And I love the spooky shading around the eyes.
"Drink up me 'earties Yo Ho. Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!"

Dr Strange

Post by Dr Strange » Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:11 pm

They have busts like that at Michael's snd I want them all!!
Last edited by Dr Strange on Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jadewik
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by jadewik » Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:56 pm

Dr Strange wrote:They have busts like that at Michael's and I want them all!!
That's exactly where I got mine! ^_^
Michael's had Halloween trickling out around June/July down here. Of coure, JoAnn's is across the street... so I hit both. They had patterns on sale in June/July, so when I went to JoAnn's to stock up on those, I HAD to see what Halloween things Michael's had too.

I need to take a photo of the summer lantern I got on sale too. I've been wanting a lantern for soooo long. Now I just need to find a staff or something to hook it on... and I could be a nightwatchman or something. Whee!

(You've caught me in an excited moment. I've been briefing someone in my office on things to do to run the company wide (Phoenix, Flagstaff, Tucson) costume contest. I'm opting not to run it this year--I have to study for my blasted test and I had some issues with new people not liking how I ran the pet photo contest in August... so I'm giving them a chance to do things their way.)

UnstoppableGuy
Zombie

Post by UnstoppableGuy » Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:37 am

Hi everyone!

I'm new to this forum and quite new to the site and think it's absolutely brilliant! :D

I am crazy for Halloween merchandise too! I have been bugging ASDA (UK) asking them when the Halloween stuff is gonna be out and they never know! So the last time I called HQ I asked them to find out! and get back to me!! Anyway, they called back and said 8th September 2007!!! So first thing yesterday what did I do? You guessed it! Ran to ASDA (drove actually). I walked in the store but all I could see from a distance, were the lousey Back To School signs, but as I drew closer what did I see.............

the Halloween goodies were out!!!! :D :D :D

Was amazing to see them back, however, the stuff is not complete though, there will be alot more stuff going up, plus they have to put up the artwork, flooring, and the entrance to the Halloween aisle, which I read is going to be like a Haunted House, read this:
http://www.toynewsmag.com/news/28786/As ... -Halloween

says about Asda's plans for Halloween this year ''an even bigger and better campaign'' Ahhhhhhhh this is amazing! ''Sound and motion has also been included this year in the form of shuddering monsters and revolving bow-ties'' Wow!

So, back to what I saw yesterday....they had a flying witch in a box (£5) which you would hang from the ceiling/lighting.
A cool Skeleton in a cage (boxed and only eight pounds), Fog machine, a big skull which has fog coming out of the eyes, etc, a large skull which has a voice decoder and a ''bone'' as a microphone so that it changes your voice and the skulls mouth moves at the same time (eighteen pounds), the coffin with pop up ghoulie, which they had last year, as well as other stuff they had last year (which is great) including the sweet bowl which has the hand grabber as you take a sweet (only £5) but there were plenty of new things to enjoy and don't forget, the aisle was only partially complete so there WILL be loads more to come! I can't contain my excitement.... I'm going back there in the week to see if the aisle is fully complete. Well done ASDA. The other supermarkets will copy in time I bet.... ASDA is by far the leader....

TK Maxx bought their fantastic stuff in stores towards the end of August (remember that next year!) and the stuff is out of this world! Witch, ghost, monster, etc etc plates, mugs, bowls, large oval plates, dolls, hanging stuff, a wicked Witch biscuit jar, lid is witches hat (hard to find but only 9.99), jugs, pumpkin tea pots, large pumkin soup bowl with handle/spoon, large bowls and SO MUCH MORE! So wonderfully different stuff from ASDA. Stuff is selling fast so go now. I bought £92 worth!!! and am still not satisfied! One thing to note, different stores had different stock! I know cause I went to 3 different ones... Congratulations to TK Maxx. I will have to write to them as well as ASDA to say Thank you.

Hope this has helped everyone and you accept me into the covern! Hahahaha Lol :lol: :lol: :lol:

So go run to ASDA now!!!! (before all the stuff gets either sold, or broken by annoying, disrespectful individuals...)

Will post more as I see (and buy!) more stuff...

George :)

Britishwitch
Master Reaper

Post by Britishwitch » Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:52 pm

Hi Unstoppable!

Thank you so much :D I will bmaking my visit to Asda as soon as I can after work tomorrow :!:

I did see avery dissapointing range of childrens costumes in Sainsburys today but in our area Asda or Wilkinsons are normally the best.

I spent sometime looking on the Walmart sites and was SOOOO jealous of the things they supply to the USA but England has a very poor second, but maybe, between us, we can campagne for equal rights to the same type of merchandise!

Good for you for keeping such a close eye on it all :!: :!: :!:

Britishwitch
Master Reaper

Post by Britishwitch » Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:15 pm

I did make a very reasonable purchase this weekend

I went into the local "Everything £1 " store and in amoungst the garden things I spied something that I thought would look rather good scattered amoung my Gravestones and Pumpkins this year. I bought 4 of them to begin with but when I got home and tried them out when it got dark, I decided that 4 wasn't enough so the next day went and got another 4. Tell me if you think they are effective :?:

[imImageg]

[/img]Image

[imgImage]

[/imgImage]

Britishwitch
Master Reaper

Post by Britishwitch » Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:28 pm

This is where I would like to site them this year in and around my (very small) attempt at a Graveyard. This was the first time we made this (2006) but I was really pleased with the result.

The Pumpkins took us nearly a whole day to carve.

[imgImage]

[/imgImage]

[imgImage]

[/img]

magickbean
Halloween Master

Post by magickbean » Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:42 pm

UnstoppableGuy - I could KISS you!!!!! You have made me so happy by telling me that Asda have finally got their Halloween stock out! My mum has been badgering them on my behalf (she lives by a massive store in Portsmouth) and I am going back there on Tuesday to see her - I hoped that I would be able to go Halloween shopping and it looks like I just might be lucky enough! :D *sighs with happiness*

I have a horrid cold at the moment but this has made me feel much better :)

Also, Britishwitch - I love your lights and that pumpkin patch/graveyard is delightful! I am attempting something similiar myself this year, only on a patio... not sure how I'm going to get the gravestones to stick into solid concrete, but we'll see lol ;)

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:57 pm

Britshwitch, your graveyard is BRILLIANT!! I always love a lot of JOL's scattered around, they look awesome. JOL's are probably my #1 fav decorating piece of all Halloween decor. Good job, and the lights will be a super addition!!
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus