Let's show our new stuff!!!

What do you like to decorate with? That bucket of blood?
Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:05 am

Hi Unstoppableguy, and welcome to our spooky corner of the web, glad you could join us. Hope you enjoy it here as much as we all do, and decide to stick around year round with us die hards :lol: Sounds like you found a Halloween shopping heaven, sweet deal :D

mummynuts
Ghost

Post by mummynuts » Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:29 am

I also bought a load of goodies from ASDA last year and will be heading down for this years haul in a day or too!!

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:47 am

Hi mummynuts, what a unique profile name you have. Glad you could join us here. Hope you enjoy it here :D

UnstoppableGuy
Zombie

Post by UnstoppableGuy » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:04 pm

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replies! Hope you all been shopping and buying all of ASDA's stock so next year they'll be putting EVEN MORE OUT!

Thank you Dutchess of Darkness for your welcome message. I appreciate it...

I just got an email from Woolworths to say that their stuff will be out ''from'' September 24th and by the 8th October all the stuff will be out!

Last year they had wicked bleeding candles, a cauldron, a monster skull face and a cool skeleton type hand that bled as well, wow! Hope they got those this year too...

I forgot to mention that Asda have these really cool lights of a Skeleton in a coffin for £7 (one skeleton in each coffin = 10 coffins). They are quite big about 9 or 10 cm long. So I think I'm gonna buy those, amongst other things this saturday when I drive to a big Asda superstore I've never been to before in Watford - see my commitment guys!! I only drive local usually!!! Pray I get there in one piece!!! :?

They are also doing a brilliant 'snow ball' with I think a ghost inside and when you shake it, it shrieks and has all little bats flying (not snow!) for only £5! There are also these rubbery monsters and ugly things in rubber cages for £2.98.

I could go on forever.........

Talk soon...
George

Britishwitch
Master Reaper

Post by Britishwitch » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:44 pm

Hi All

Thank you MHooch for your kind words about my Graveyard/Pumpkinpatch. I too love JOL (although I was getting a little perturbed with them by the time I got to number 15 last year!)

It was really a last minute effort thing and the picket fence was kindly made very quickly by one of my hubbies colleagues. I was really pleased with the final result.

Unstoppable...I got all excited yesterday about going to Asda today and begin my spending fest. I picked up the daughter from school....fought my way through all the schools traffic....ran into the store and.....nothing :( :x

I searched the store from top to bottom and eventually asked only to be told.."oh...we arn't sure when it is going to be put out" :o :o

"Why?" I asked when other stores already have theirs????

We Don't know they said. I could have cried :cry: :cry: :cry:

So I left...very dejected. I cheered myself up with a trip to T K Maxx which although very small, they did have a few items to look at. I treated myself to a Tin Plate Happy Halloween sign (Which I will photgraph at some point) and my best purchase...a ceramic dip tray..3 dishes shaped as Witches hats.

Also I know the Asda in Watford that you mean...my sister lives opposite it. I am hoping to get there in the next fortnight or so, their selection is usually second to none!

Britishwitch
Master Reaper

Post by Britishwitch » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:45 pm

Magickbean, I am sorry to hear you have a cold...hope you feel better soon! :)

revelesnet
Crypt Keeper

Post by revelesnet » Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:27 pm

My package finally arrived from Terry's Village and I just wanted to share my bathroom decor.

Is it Halloween yet? and by the way it's not makeup it's jaundice.

Dr Strange

Post by Dr Strange » Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:39 pm

I think the toilet paper head is the best item I've seen in a while. That's some great decorations you have there.

pum'kinpye
Master Reaper

Post by pum'kinpye » Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:56 pm

I love it all!
I'm concentrating on the kitchen this year but I'll definately keep that in mind for next year.
Awesome

jadewik
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by jadewik » Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:21 pm

I'm with Dr. Strange on that TP cover. I like the shower curtain and the bath mats too. =)

UnstoppableGuy
Zombie

Post by UnstoppableGuy » Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:35 pm

Hi

Britishwitch, sorry to hear your local Asda doesn't have the stuff out, head office did say to me the 8th Sept, they did not say that it would only be in some stores. I did not ask about specific stores, only when would the stuff be out in the stores. It may be the case that the management in your store don't want the stuff out yet, or they want to get rid of the back to school stock first, or something like this......It's a horrible feeling when you have your hopes shattered like that... Hope you find some stuff soon....

You know the Watford store?! Wow!! Well I'll be going Saturday, especially now you say the selection is second to none!!! 8)
Is it a big selection then? There are videos on YouTube of people in Asda in the Halloween aisle (type in 'Asda Halloween') looking at the stuff and being silly, etc, but there is one video where the guy pans the camera around briefly and the whole aisle (two of them) seem a mile long of Halloween goodies!! :wink: Is Watford like this?!!! I hope so........ :lol:
Great that you found some bits in TK Maxx to cheer yourself up. Try and get to a bigger TK Maxx store, cause you'll adore the merchandise!

Revelesnet - your stuff looks amazing! I want it ALL!!! I'd love the mats and shower curtain and the Toilet seat!!!

Speaking of toilet roll holders, Asda have a toilet roll holder (the bar part) which talks when someone takes some paper!!! Another item I forgot to mention...... about £7.

Talk soon
UnstoppableGuy

Britishwitch
Master Reaper

Post by Britishwitch » Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:42 pm

Hi Unstoppable

In recent years when I have been to visit my sis we have always had a trip over there and it has always been a pretty impressive selection! I think because it is a Walmart instead of an Asda!

I have just photographed two of my purchases from TK Maxx for you to see. :)

[imgImage

][/imgImage]

I thought they were cute! The lantern is about 5" tall but will be great for decorating my Halloween Tree (Which I have yet to purchase!)

The Happy Halloween sign is quite large and as it is made of Tin Plate I hope to hang it outside the front door!

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:09 pm

This new stuff was given to me for my birthday:

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n154 ... fts002.jpg

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n154 ... fts003.jpg

and this is even more special because a friend painted it for me...

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n154 ... fts007.jpg

Plus the hubby gave me 2 new pieces for my village (I'll post pics after I take them out of the boxes), and my daughter bought me a bunch of Halloween scrapbook stuff, including some great stamps of creepy phrases. It's great to have friends that indulge my tastes!! :lol:
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

Haunted Horseman
Halloween Master

Post by Haunted Horseman » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:16 pm

revelesnet, Love the bathroom, especially the toilet paper cover, but the soap dish and dispenser are awesome too. Nice find.
Because once you cross that bridge, my friend, the ghost is through, his power ends.

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:37 pm

Rev - I love the whole bathroom ensemble!!!!

MHooch what a great bunch of birthyday gifts you have. It is grea to have friends who really know you.
"Drink up me 'earties Yo Ho. Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!"