It's cold out

Discussion of general Halloween topics
JonH
Crypt Keeper
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: It's cold out

Post by JonH » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:05 am

we're up to the mid-70's here in St. Louis. This is officially the time of year that I LOVE the warmth & sunshine and emerging green everything. It'll stay that way until sometime in late July - at that point, I'll begin longing for cool fall weather and jack 'o lanterns :)

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:36 am

I know what you mean! This is the time of year when I start fantasizing about a beach vacation. In late summer, I start longing for the fall.

JonH
Crypt Keeper

Post by JonH » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:03 am

We usually fantasize about the same thing, but this year for our 10th anniversary I'm taking my wife down to the Dominican Republic for 4 days in the sun & sand! By the time I get back, I'll probably have had all of the heat & humidity I want for the year :D

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:44 am

Ooh, sounds like a great anniversary!

My husband doesn't like the beach. He is a mountains guy, all the way. However, one of our sons loves the beach and finds a way to get to some ocean or other every year. Back in 2012, he spent spring break at the Gulf, early summer on the Mediterranean, and in Oct. he was at the Pacific. That was an extreme year, even for him, though. I was with him in CA because we were visiting my aunt, who died a few months later. I haven't been to an ocean since then, but my son has, of course.

I have a hankering to go to one of the Atlantic beaches this summer, someplace in GA or SC. But I don't know if that will happen. Usually my beach vacation dreams are just that, dreams.

Kolchak
Halloween Master

Post by Kolchak » Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:36 pm

80 degrees here today. First day in short sleeves and the warm weather loonies can't be far behind. Warm nights, alcohol and drugs, people acting the fool......Oh yea! I love spring! :shock: :shock: :x :x :roll: :roll:

MauEvig
Halloween Master

Post by MauEvig » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:16 pm

Got in the 60's I think. It was rainy. But in all honesty I think I'll take a warm rainy day over a freezing sunny one.
Some of the birds have come back. I haven't seen my hummers yet. I have seen some of the plants either bloom, or start to bud. Very exciting.
But you know what they say, April Showers bring May flowers.
Nocturnal Purr-Fection

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:16 am

I think they say that up North! Down here, we usually have flowers in February (though we didn't this year--late spring).

Andybev01
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Andybev01 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:09 am

Kolchak wrote:80 degrees here today. First day in short sleeves and the warm weather loonies can't be far behind. Warm nights, alcohol and drugs, people acting the fool......Oh yea! I love spring! :shock: :shock: :x :x :roll: :roll:
I love that first day of the year when you can get in the car and roll down the windows and no matter how fast you drive, the air is warm.
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.