What does the 'Great Pumpkin' look like?

Discussion of general Halloween topics
One Eye'd Jack

What does the 'Great Pumpkin' look like?

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:47 am

Now, c'mon. None of us has ever REALLY seen Santa, but we ALL know what he looks like.
What is it we all imagine the 'Great Pumpkin' looking like?
I don't think even Linus knew just what to expect because he was sure quick to believe the silhouette of Snoopy was the one and only!!!

Describe, in your own words (duuuuuuuuuuuh! :roll: ) THE Great Pumpkin, AND just WHAT kind of "presents" is he going to bring?

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:18 am

Ok, so I'm really trying to think about this here, but to much mental interference, hubby's been away far too long and my mind just isn't thinking right, I don't think an Erotic version is proper, oh heck, I can't do this right now :oops: :lol: Sorry OEJ, maybe another time :wink:

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:38 am

Okay, there's a Halloween cartoon with Popeye in it..and Bluto is trying to scare him and Olive Oyl...and Bluto dresses up in a sheet with a Pumpkin on his head lit up.
Like that.
Future events such as these will effect you in the future

WitchyWoman85
Vampire

Post by WitchyWoman85 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:17 am

I lways pictured him as a scarecrow type fella with a jack-o-lantern head. When i was younger then i saw the legend of sleepy hallow and pumpkin head and seriously cornfussed myself lol. But of course the great pumpkin is more like the santa of halloween as you said....so i stand by my original theory...scarecrow with a jack-o-lantern head :)
Ill get you my pretty!
And your little Dog too!!!

I B Howlin' Wolfman
Halloween Master

Post by I B Howlin' Wolfman » Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:32 am

The great pumpkin is a DOG! Charles Shultz told us so! (Figures I'd say that, eh? :lol:

But, if you ask me, the Great Pumpkin SHOULD be a female character. (Ok, get your minds outta the gutter. We're not talking the phesique of Dolly Parton's "pumpkins" here...) But I think she should have a giant pumpkin, that is sort of a trailer in tow behind her broomstick, with a gathering of dried corn stalks and the GIANT pumpkin is full of treats.

She's a beautiful and kindly witch, with flowing robes, a wreath of autum leaves around her head, and sparkeling eyes that glint the moonlight. Wherever she goes, it's a full moon, because this helps her see where she's going. She carries a lantern on her broom. And she may even have wings.

Her name is more the discription of the pumpkin with the magical treats inside. The pumpkin sort of glides along magically, she can steer it effortlessly, almost without a thought. And the treats are magical.

When a good child opens the candy wrapper, some delicious candy that is THAT child's favorite, is revealed. (even if they don't KNOW what their favorite IS.) But if a bad child opens the wrapper, there are bugs, and ghostly gouls inside that scare them, then they disappear.

The pumpkin is bottomless. As candy is removed, the bottom fills up again, and it rises up to nearly overflowing.

She also tells fourtunes, does hand shadows and is able to spread good feelings. Everyone falls under her spell of good humour, fellowship and love. She also carries a goatskin flask full of cinnamon apple cider. she also has a small conicopia that has small drink steins, that can multiply for whoever happens to be in her presence.

I just think that the natural way to go would be a male character. There is hardly a decent female character for the holidays. Halloween needs a figurehead, and it needs all the help it can get. So, why not a female figure of kindnes, honesty, and a little childhood magic for good measure?
Last edited by I B Howlin' Wolfman on Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:55 am, edited 3 times in total.
-26 Days }'-{1}
My website Link ^

WitchyWoman85
Vampire

Post by WitchyWoman85 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:43 am

wow i like your way of thinking wolfy! lol
Ill get you my pretty!
And your little Dog too!!!

tantraman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by tantraman » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:33 am

http://youtube.com/watch?v=M6Wi4_8UD88

this is a good versdion of it.
happy happy halloween silver shamrock.

Please check out our new horror movie blog check our the first post on our new horror movie blog https://horrormoviehallofflames.wordpress.com/

Catzilla
Haunt Master

Post by Catzilla » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:55 am

IMO...he looks just like this. :P

Haunted Horseman
Halloween Master

Post by Haunted Horseman » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:06 am

Tantraman, after viewing the video I'm now scared for life...My childhood memories shattered into a million pieces. Thanks a lot!
:( :lol: :lol:
Because once you cross that bridge, my friend, the ghost is through, his power ends.

Laurie Strode

Post by Laurie Strode » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:21 am

Uh, oh, I don't think I wanna watch it now, HH! :? :)

I B Howlin' Wolfman
Halloween Master

Post by I B Howlin' Wolfman » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:48 am

Mildly disturbing but totally sappy. Robot Chicken is scraping the bottom of the barrel.
-26 Days }'-{1}
My website Link ^

tantraman
Halloween Master

Post by tantraman » Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:21 pm

yea I agree I never watched anything other robot chicken. but this is pretty crazy.

Please check out our new horror movie blog check our the first post on our new horror movie blog https://horrormoviehallofflames.wordpress.com/

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:08 pm

GREAT PUMPKIN FARM

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master

Post by Nostalgiascape » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:07 pm

The Great Pumpkin is a giant floating pumpkin with a carved jack o lantern face that magically makes expressions of it's own. I know...cause we play UNO on Thurday nights.
The dark night beckons. Bear us your soul, it whispers. Expose your wicked delights. Join the rest of us on the wind. The dark night beckons and we answer. Sailing into the shadows.

tantraman
Halloween Master

Post by tantraman » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:30 pm

all of a sudden the video isnt avalible anymore.