Halloween Ban

Post by Catzilla » Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:44 pm

What A Sour Puuuuuuuuuuuussssssssss ! :roll:

http://www.komotv.com/news/archive/4136266.html

tantraman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by tantraman » Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:20 pm

thats washington for you, our elementry school wont allow halloween activiites either. I have already been to the PTO board three diffrent occasions to debate it. This politically correct stuff is way outta hand sometimes.
happy happy halloween silver shamrock.

Please check out our new horror movie blog check our the first post on our new horror movie blog https://horrormoviehallofflames.wordpress.com/

HalloweenGeneral
Crypt Keeper
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by HalloweenGeneral » Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:23 pm

Thats stupid. I for one know theres at least a couple of pagans on here and they dont give a flip about the costumes because they know its all in fun.
Nowhere more peacefull than a forest filled with the smell of Autumn and the spirit of Halloween.~Austin Davidson

Larissa
Master Reaper

Post by Larissa » Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:52 pm

I wonder how it all turned out; that article was from 3 years ago. As it is, couldn't they just ban witch costumes & leave the rest alone?
Act well your part; there all the honour lies.
~Anonymous

Haunted Horseman
Halloween Master

Post by Haunted Horseman » Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:01 pm

People are utterly ridiculous... :x
Because once you cross that bridge, my friend, the ghost is through, his power ends.

tantraman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by tantraman » Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:28 pm

Larissa wrote:I wonder how it all turned out; that article was from 3 years ago. As it is, couldn't they just ban witch costumes & leave the rest alone?
LOL then thats decrimination LOL
happy happy halloween silver shamrock.

Please check out our new horror movie blog check our the first post on our new horror movie blog https://horrormoviehallofflames.wordpress.com/

Catzilla
Haunt Master

Post by Catzilla » Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:40 pm

It says it was updated Aug / 2006.....I got it off the MSN ''Hot Topics'' list. :)

WitchyWoman85
Vampire

Post by WitchyWoman85 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:40 pm

im pagan and honestly dont giving a flying broomstick lol....in fact i dress up every year as a witch because im not affraid to embrace the stereotype with humor....i figure if they are going to call me a witch mine as well give them a reason to. Fact of the matter is....the classic pointy nosed, greenfaced, broom flying witch is a symbol of halloween and always has been...its not fair to tell somone they cant dress as one because our rights as pagans have recently been recognized and our religion is now considered a religion.
Ill get you my pretty!
And your little Dog too!!!

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:22 pm

Well I can understand the need for respecting all Religions, and the need to try and avoid stereotyping, but with that said, that issue could easily be resolved, they could, now I agree its sad, but for the sake of the children they could just not permit the Witch Costume. As for the reason of that it cuts into classroom study time, my word, has anyone ever noticed how big and heavy young childrens backpacks are already? Just how much time do they get in class to do homework these days anyways, it just seems like much of it gets sent home with them. And no offense to any teachers who might be on here, But come on here, is an hour or so really going to take that big of a bite out of study time? Kids are having to grow up way to fast as it is, now lets just go and take what little bit of childhood fun they have left. And as far as the need to protect students who can't afford costumes, here's what one group of Halloween loving parents do here. Every year when the costumes go on clearence they buy up several and keep them on hand for kids who can't afford one, and they do a money collection between themselves just to have some cash on hand in case they need to buy for a child who can't wear, doesn't like, or doesn't fit into what they have on stock. There are always ways around these things, but it just seems like that never gets looked at. I would tend to side with it being the whole Overly Political Correctness thing.

magickbean
Halloween Master

Post by magickbean » Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:30 pm

That is so sad :( I hope they got their Halloween back! I'm Pagan and have no problem at all with the Witch costume - yes it's a stereotype, but everyone who knows the truth behind witches will know that a witch doesn't really look like that - it's just a representation. After all, it's a symbol of Halloween and I love it for that - half of my family dress as witches with fake noses and scary make up and pointed hats and I love it :)

Dr Strange

Post by Dr Strange » Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:38 pm

First, Halloween parties and parades waste valuable classroom time.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Do you know how much time is wasted in these same classrooms teaching the kids the tests for school funding? Lame and transparent.

Rigormortor
Vampire

Post by Rigormortor » Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:29 pm

I like this BS from the story.... "The district says Halloween celebrations and children dressed in Halloween costumes might be offensive to real witches."
LOL!!!!! You got to be kidding me..... I dont think kids offend anybody, dressed as witches, Pagans and Wiccans know they are kids and this is Halloween.... that principal must be on some extremely strong drugs!!

SpookShowBaby
Haunt Master

Post by SpookShowBaby » Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:33 pm

When I was younger we did the room party and costume parade, then as we grew older it gradually stopped. When my sisters (9 and 13 years younger than I am) were in school they just had a fall party without costumes. A friend of mine is a teacher and she even has some uber religious parents that won't allow their kids to stay for the fall party! People can be so lame, a little fun never hurt anyone!
“Come let us meet, with charm and spell, by magic arts our fates to tell.”

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:50 am

KOMO news!!!!! :roll: I lived in Seattle for 15 years and I noticed KOMO right away and immediately thought, " oh GOD! what are they up to now?!?!?!!

Cadaverino
Haunt Master

Post by Cadaverino » Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:09 am

tantraman wrote:LOL then thats decrimination LOL
Discrimination?