Political Correctness needs to die

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Political Correctness needs to die

Post by Nostalgiascape » Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:10 pm

If the world spends all of it's time trying to spare everyones feelings, in the end all you have is a world of over protected wussies! PC is way out of hand. Too many people who are too sensitive to survive out there are asking us to cater to them. I know my right and wrong. I don't need Political Correctness to try and take that to an entirely ridiculous level.

Let kids who want to pray, pray in school.

Let schools have their Halloween parties, and the few kids whose families are opposed can sign up for the schools "My kids are being trained to be over sensitive wussies like me" party.

And leave Christmas alone!
The dark night beckons. Bear us your soul, it whispers. Expose your wicked delights. Join the rest of us on the wind. The dark night beckons and we answer. Sailing into the shadows.

BasiliskZero
Ghost
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by BasiliskZero » Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:17 pm

So true. XD I think it'll snap back after awhile though, these types of fashionable insanities can't go on forever... Especially if you loudly oppose them. :D

mamawof2
Master Reaper

Post by mamawof2 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:42 pm

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!! I agree 100%. I am sooooooo sick of everything having to be so PC all the time. They are choking the fun out of life.

Larissa
Master Reaper

Post by Larissa » Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:43 pm

Praying in school is quite a different issue that has nothing to do with political correctness; it has to do with the 1st Amendment to the United States Constitution. It doesn't quite fit in with the other issues you mentioned.
Act well your part; there all the honour lies.
~Anonymous

magickbean
Halloween Master

Post by magickbean » Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:07 pm

I would have to agree with Larissa on this one. I grew up with compulsory prayer in schools - and let me tell you, being physically FORCED to pray to a God that has nothing to do with your religion is very oppressive and made me feel terrible all throughout school. If I simply lowered my head quietly in respect for those praying around me, the prayer would not continue until EVERYONE had put their hands together and joined in - the Headmaster who was leading the prayer in an assembly one day at school actually humiliated me in front of the entire body of students and faculty because I wouldn't put my hands together. That's not a case of political correctness - that's tyranny.

That aside, however, I do agree with you about Political Correctness as a whole. As an English Language student, we are constantly being informed of the numerous words and phrases being replaced for less "offensive" versions. What I question is - who are these phrases offensive to?! An example is the phrase "brain storm" - now, obviously, this term is used to describe a chart of thoughts or ideas around a central theme. This term has been used for well over a decade with no problems. Now we are told that "brain storm" is being replaced by the phrase "thought umbrella" because it was thought that "brain storm" could be offensive to students who suffer from epileptic fits. :?

Where does it stop? Whilst I agree that racist, bigotted and profane language should be regulated and banned in public forum, you can't go round banning every phrase that upsets one individual or we won't have any words left! Language is one of the only outlets for most people to express themselves, and if you restrict that too harshly, you're taking away a basic freedom, the same as if you take away a person's right to celebrate a traditional custom or holiday.

We don't need Political Correctness, we need Common Sense.

Haunted Horseman
Halloween Master

Post by Haunted Horseman » Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:27 pm

I don't think Nos is refering to mandatory or compulsory prayer, ie teacher led. I think he is refering to those who wish to pray may pray. Correct me if I'm wrong Nos. I remember having a moment of silence in school, where you could pray, collect your thoughts, clear your mind, doodle, sit and stare, make faces, or doze off, no one cared, it was your time. I saw absolutely nothing wrong with that.

In terms of Political correctness, I agree 100%. It has gone completely out of control and now interferes with people's right of expression.

That's what I think anyway.. :P :D
Because once you cross that bridge, my friend, the ghost is through, his power ends.

Rigormortor
Vampire

Re: Political Correctness needs to die

Post by Rigormortor » Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:59 pm

Nostalgiascape wrote:If the world spends all of it's time trying to spare everyones feelings, in the end all you have is a world of over protected wussies! PC is way out of hand. Too many people who are too sensitive to survive out there are asking us to cater to them. I know my right and wrong. I don't need Political Correctness to try and take that to an entirely ridiculous level.

Let kids who want to pray, pray in school.

Let schools have their Halloween parties, and the few kids whose families are opposed can sign up for the schools "My kids are being trained to be over sensitive wussies like me" party.

And leave Christmas alone!
I agree, people spend too much time worrying about what to say, if it is correct or not.... just say what is on your mind.... you have that right! If someone gets offended too bad... that is life!

EvilMel
Haunt Master

Post by EvilMel » Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:32 pm

Yeah...I think everyone needs to chill the f*ck out with all the anti-Halloween <deleted>.

They talk about banning it and stuff...oh please...let the friggin' kids have fun, will ya?
Halloweiner Extraordinaire.

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master

Post by Nostalgiascape » Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:37 pm

Haunted Horseman wrote:I don't think Nos is refering to mandatory or compulsory prayer, ie teacher led. I think he is refering to those who wish to pray may pray. Correct me if I'm wrong Nos. I remember having a moment of silence in school, where you could pray, collect your thoughts, clear your mind, doodle, sit and stare, make faces, or doze off, no one cared, it was your time. I saw absolutely nothing wrong with that.

In terms of Political correctness, I agree 100%. It has gone completely out of control and now interferes with people's right of expression.

That's what I think anyway.. :P :D
You are dead on correct Haunted Horsemen. Telling a child they cannot pray in school, is equally as bad as telling a child they have to. Those who wish to p[ray, may pray. Simple solution.
The dark night beckons. Bear us your soul, it whispers. Expose your wicked delights. Join the rest of us on the wind. The dark night beckons and we answer. Sailing into the shadows.

Cadaverino
Haunt Master

Re: Political Correctness needs to die

Post by Cadaverino » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:41 pm

Nostalgiascape wrote:Let kids who want to pray, pray in school.
I don't know of any public school that forbids students from praying. Perhaps you are thinking of the Supreme Court ruling that prohibits school-led prayers in public schools. I happen to be taking Constitutional Law right now, and we've been reading the school prayer cases.

The Equal Access Act, 20 U.S.C. §§4071 et seq., enacted in 1984, requires public high schools receiving federal financial assistance (close to 100%) to allow student religious groups to hold meetings outside class time, if other extra-curricular groups are given similar rights.
Last edited by Cadaverino on Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:48 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master

Post by Nostalgiascape » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:43 pm

I read of an occurance where a child prayed before class one morning, and he was subsequently suspended.

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:17 am

I also heard about a kid, just this year, who was suspended for wearing a shirt with an American flag on it....... ON 9-11!!!!!

I, TOO, am soooooooo sick of all this, 'I'm offended' <deleted>! The U.S. Constitution grants one the rights of "Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness". It doesn't even grant you HAPPINESS itSELF.... just the PURSUIT, thereof!
NOWHERE in the Constitution are you promised the right to NOT be offended!!!!!

I am NOT a Christian and many many MAAAAAANY Christians have 'offended' me over the years, but I have to say that I sooooooooooo love and RESPECT the Christian foundations to which this great country of ours, was founded. This Country would NOT be as great and as coveted without it's core principles OF Christianity. And NONE of us must EVER forget that.

Did you know that Thomas Jefferson was almost completely bankrupt at the time of his death and Montecello was going to be sold for payment of his depts...... but it was the JEWS who stepped in and payed for its remainder........ BECAUSE of Jeffersons contribnution of the 2nd amendment....... FREEDOM OF RELIGION!

I'll sum this post up with the reading of a bumper sticker I saw, earlier today....

FIGHT GLOBAL WHINNING!

Cadaverino
Haunt Master

Post by Cadaverino » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:51 am

One Eye'd Jack wrote: The U.S. Constitution grants one the rights of "Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness".
That's not in the Constitution.
Did you know that Thomas Jefferson was almost completely bankrupt at the time of his death and Montecello was going to be sold for payment of his depts...... but it was the JEWS who stepped in and payed for its remainder........
Jefferson died over $100,000 in debt; in modern equivalent, several million dollars. To help pay that debt, Monticello was put up for auction and sold six months after his death in 1826.

In 1834, the house was purchased by Uriah P. Levy, a Jewish Naval officer who admired Jefferson's contributions to religious liberty and who believed that Monticello should be preserved as a monument. The house remained in the Levy family's care for a period covering eighty-nine years, with a long exception during and following the Civil War. The Levy family made needed repairs to the house and purchased additional Jefferson property.
BECAUSE of Jeffersons contribnution of the 2nd amendment....... FREEDOM OF RELIGION!
The Second Amendment is about the right to bear arms.

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:13 pm

Very good Cad.
I was DRUNK and talking out my wazoo! I too, can't stand it when people talk about this kind of stuff and don't have their facts strait. and here IIIIIII go do it. I shant do that again!
I DO think, hewever, that my underlying points are still valid.

OH, and about the 2nd amendment...... I KNEW that!!!!!

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master

Post by Nostalgiascape » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:58 pm

One Eye'd Jack wrote:Very good Cad.
I was DRUNK and talking out my wazoo! I too, can't stand it when people talk about this kind of stuff and don't have their facts strait. and here IIIIIII go do it. I shant do that again!
I DO think, hewever, that my underlying points are still valid.

OH, and about the 2nd amendment...... I KNEW that!!!!!
LOL!!! It's all good bruh. I've been drunk and talked out my wazoo online before too.

I did enjoy your bumper sticker statement,lol.