Your favorite spooky place?

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Endora
Zombie
What is the highest number?: 9

Your favorite spooky place?

Post by Endora » Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:58 pm

In an effort to get this party started, I am throwing out a new topic.. what is your most favorite spooky place you have ever visited? For me, it was Adams, Tennessee, the home of the Bell Witch. I grew up in Tennessee and as a little girl, these stories scared the <deleted> outta me. You didn't have a hair on your <deleted> if you couldn't go in a room with no windows (like the bathroom, maybe) lights out, stare into the mirror and say "I hate Bell Witch -- three times. Awesome fun when you are 6-8 years old, hehe. Really when I got to visit the cave and do the tour stuff a couple of years ago, it was amazing. The place has a vibe I can't describe. Read the original book, DON'T watch the stupid movie.. in my humble opinion, it is one of the greatest ghost stories of all time. http://www.bellwitchcave.com/index.htm
It is said that if you hear someone's footsteps behind you on the Halloween night, you should not turn back because it may be a dead following you. And if you commit the mistake of looking back, it is likely that you might join the dead very soon.

jadewik
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: Your favorite spooky place?

Post by jadewik » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:29 pm

... just don't rent "An American Haunting"... TOTALLY butchers the story.

Ever hear of Robert the Doll? Check out this You Tube video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KF7488WHcok

My personal fave is Gettysburg, PA. There's SO MUCH history there. So many ghostly stories...

Endora
Zombie

Post by Endora » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:57 pm

I have watched alot of travel channel ghost stories, never saw this one before.. pretty cool. I always thought dolls were creepy, haha. And going to Gettysburg is something I hope to do soon =)
It is said that if you hear someone's footsteps behind you on the Halloween night, you should not turn back because it may be a dead following you. And if you commit the mistake of looking back, it is likely that you might join the dead very soon.

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Post by Andybev01 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:22 pm

Under the Golden gate Bridge in San Francisco there is a Civil War era fort.

The 3rd floor has long crypt-like brick walkways that have a tangible feel in the atmosphere.
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

Wicked
Crypt Keeper

Post by Wicked » Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:26 pm

i don't think i'll be able to describe it right, but near my house there's this winding road that leads into an area of woods that sort of snakes around the whole city. there's a creek that runs through it, too. it's scary as hell to be in at night- can't quite explain it but it always feels like there's something more ancient than time lurking around in the trees.

when i was in 3rd grade my friend connor told me that there was a goat-man living in the forest who would attack your car with an axe as you drove down the road through the woods. that scared the <deleted> outta me for a few years, lol!!
~ do you think me wicked? ~

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Post by Andybev01 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:26 pm

You 'splained it well enough for me! :shock:

OctoberChill
Halloween Master

Post by OctoberChill » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:14 pm

Andybev01 wrote:Under the Golden gate Bridge in San Francisco there is a Civil War era fort.

The 3rd floor has long crypt-like brick walkways that have a tangible feel in the atmosphere.
That fascinates me. I've never heard of that before. I'm gonna have to research it.

There's this giant park in between Dallas and Fort Worth called River Legacy. It has the Trinity River flowing through it and tons of wooded pathways. It was a Civil War site. There's apparently some leftover war relics in random places in the park but I've never found them.

You can just feel this energy all over the place. It's tranquil. Almost TOO tranquil. There's a lot of ghost stories surrounding it. Search "hell's gate" or "screaming bridge" in Google. I've had a couple strange things happen to me there. But then again it could've been my imagination :D

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:46 pm

One time, I went to the beach with one of my friends, we spotted there were several beach huts on the beach, you know?

These huts are for everybody to use in for relaxing, sleeping, keeping away from sun and many more, you know? Well, when we entered some huts, somebody placed some fish skeletons there!! Also there are some spider webs on the ceiling... Looks spooky huts! 8)

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Post by Andybev01 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:56 pm

Hey OC: the GG Bridge was designed to arch over the old fort to save it as a historic site, seeing as how it's the only one from the Civil War on the west coast.

I remember learning about it when I moved here but never noticing it in photos before, even though it's right there is plane view.
Attachments
Fort Point San Francisco.jpg
Fort Point San Francisco.jpg (107.76 KiB) Viewed 10251 times

Snoopy/Red Baron
Crypt Keeper

Post by Snoopy/Red Baron » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:23 pm

I would love to visit the underground tombs under Paris!

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master

Post by Nostalgiascape » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:24 pm

I twice visited a cabin in the middle of the woods outr of Cook Station Missouri down hill from the old and closed down Barnicle Chapel. Legend says that a boy and a girl were murdered and bisected in the woods surrounding the cabin, by a pair of fugitive convicts in the early 1900's. Later tales tell that two highschoolers in the 80's practiced devil worship in that same cabin untill they released something dark in the attic, and never returned there.

I went to that cabin once during the day in 1996 and later at night in 1997. After two trips I am convinced of two things. One, no matter how long ago it was I am not going back a third time. Two, Something is wrong down there.
The dark night beckons. Bear us your soul, it whispers. Expose your wicked delights. Join the rest of us on the wind. The dark night beckons and we answer. Sailing into the shadows.