Halloween Wedding Countdown

Discussion of general Halloween topics
HorrificHeather
Crypt Keeper
What is the highest number?: 9

Halloween Wedding Countdown

Post by HorrificHeather » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:55 am

As most of you know, I'm getting married this Halloween. Really, I'm going to be married twice. On October 15th, My Fiance and I are going to Orlando to be married at Halloween Horror Nights, and then coming back home and doing it all over again on Halloween Night. Even though I'm a Bridal Consultant in my non Halloween life, I still would love some tricks and tips for the BIG Halloween party. I'll be sure to post pictures of both events. This year will truly be the best Halloween Ever!!! Here's some early pics.
My Wedding Dress

My Cake Topper

My Reception Hall

cwolfe83
Master Reaper

Re: Halloween Wedding Countdown

Post by cwolfe83 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:38 pm

I'm so jealous. :lol: Your dress is beautiful! And I love the cake topper. Do you know what your cake is going to be yet? Are you having everyone dress in costumes for the wedding?

angel222
Haunt Master

Post by angel222 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:17 pm

Wow thats an awesome red dress. good luck and congratulations.
hello

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:33 pm

That looks awesome!

Why don't you get wedding in the cemetery?? :lol: Just kidding! But that's true the couple to be wed in cemetery 3 years ago!!! Believe it or not... I will find a story about it, then I will let you know anytime. ;)

Well, GOOD LUCK with your Halloween Wedding!!! :D

Hallow's Queen
Haunt Master

Post by Hallow's Queen » Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:21 pm

I ENVY YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

congratsssss :)
H a l l o w ' s Q u e e n

Image Image

HorrificHeather
Crypt Keeper

Post by HorrificHeather » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:18 pm

Thank you all for the nice comments! My wedding cake will be desgined to look just like the Spiral Hill scene in Nightmare. I've got Walmart doing it for $150! :P I just also found out that at my company's business, I was the 1st person in their 40yrs who had gotten a red dress! Its a custom dress by Alfred Angelo, that I saw as a promotion item that never went through. I love it more than words could say! I actually thought about taking a few pictures in a cemetary close to our reception hall... As long as our photog dosent get too creeped out about it...lol

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:30 pm

If I was going to get married, I would definately want to have my wedding in October, but I don't know if I would want it to be on Halloween. I sort of like the idea of having a unique date to celebrate my anniversary. Of course, if it was on Halloween, it would be hard to forget, but I still would prefer that my wife to be and I had our own unique annivarsary date.

Mike

HorrificHeather
Crypt Keeper

Post by HorrificHeather » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:08 am

Hey Everyone! Well, Im married now, and I just wanted to share some of the pics of the wedding as well as some other things we did while in FL. We still have the reception coming on Halloween, so I'll post more soon!
(Our Actual Wedding Cake!!! How cool is this!!!???)
(ScreamFest Zombie Walk Orlando...About 300 people came)

scorpio 40
Vampire

Post by scorpio 40 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:54 am

you look stunning in your red dress, and the jewellery as well. i hope your reception on halloween is a night to remember.

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:50 am

Hey, Heather!!

They're so awesome pics!!!! And, I really love that haunted house cake!!! Looks great!!!! :D I'd love to see more pics real soon! ;)

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:13 am

One advantage to getting married on Halloween is that you will never forget your Anniversary.

Mike

theicewitch
Crypt Keeper

Post by theicewitch » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:30 am

Congratulations!!

I wanted to get married at Halloween complete with a lovely black dress, my parents said NO. I wasn't paying for it. So we opted for two days after Christmas instead. I bet now they had said yes to Halloween..lol

Anyway the dress is gorgeous and Kudos on a wonderful wedding date.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:32 pm

With all due respect to your parents, I think the date of some one's wedding should be entirely up to the couple, regardless who's paying for it.

theicewitch
Crypt Keeper

Post by theicewitch » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:41 pm

I did it more out of respect for not only my parents, we were making my dress, all the attendants, catering it ourselves... they didn't think we had enough time with only 7 months. Then I wanted champange at the wedding and I wouldn't be 21 until mid November...We kind of sprung it on them... And my gram would have had a cow...lol

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:10 pm

I see what you mean, icewitch. Some times circumstances are a determining factor. My niece wanted to have her wedding on Halloween. That was back in 2005, and Halloween fell on a Monday that year, and a lot of people could not get off work that day, and that year I actualy couldn't get off work because of a very important video shoot that I had to do, so she would not have had many guests if she had done that. So she had her wedding on Saturday the 29th.

The reason I said that it should be up to the couple is because your story sort of reminded me of my older brothers wedding back in October of 71. My brother and his wife did not want to have their wedding on Halloween. They had it on a Saturday, but my mom and the mother of the bride got into a huge battle over the table cloths that were to be used at the reception. My mom prefered paper table cloths because they were more "snitary," and the bride's mother thought that paper table cloths were too "tacky," and a wedding should be more formal and fancy, so they both yacked and yacked and yacked and yacked, and complained endlessly to both my brother and the bride and almost ruined the wedding. As it turned out, the caterors ended up using paper table cloths because cloth ones were too expensive.

I was only a kid of 11 at the time, but I remember feeling really bad for my brother because of the way the parents acted. Don't get me wrong. I have the utmost respect for my mother and my father, but this was one isntance where I think the parents should have kept their opinions to themselvs and let the bride and groom work out the wedding details. After all, it was their wedding day, the most important day of their lives.

Mike