Tell us what inspired you for haunting...

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Haunt Master

Tell us what inspired you for haunting...

Post by Haunt Master » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:23 pm

This might been touched on in the past, but figured it is a question that can never ask too often.

So, what inspired you or got you to do the haunting you do now? Was it an event as a child? Was it that scary house you use to go every year trick or treating? Did it just start as a fun party idea? Did you start it cause of your kids? Was there another haunter in our world you came across that got your intrigued?

Tell us your story as to what got you to do your haunting that you do now! :D

kirala05
Vampire
What is the highest number?: 9

Re: Tell us what inspired you for haunting...

Post by kirala05 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:45 am

This is going to sound super cheesy but as a kid Halloween was the one holiday I was into more then my sisters and my dad did everything he could to make it great for me. Since my two sisters were older then me and went trick or treating without me, my dad was always there for me. I remember one year I wanted black angel wings and my dad did everything he could to find them I think he went to about 20 different Halloween specialty shops till he finally found them. When I was about 10 I wanted to be the blue m&m and all the costume shops in our area were out so my dad went to Chicago to get my costume for me. Also one year I went to school as a slutty nun and got in trouble my dad came up to the school argued with the principle so I got to go back to class. So when I Moved out I took it to a new level, I just love it when he comes over and is impressed with the decorations & costumes. His opinion means a lot to me so I keep doing it bigger and better every year.
Do you wanna know why i use a knife? Guns are too quick.
You can't savor all the little emotions. And you see
in their last moments people show you who they really are.

why so serious?

scorpio 40
Vampire

Post by scorpio 40 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:54 am

as a child my parents didnt celebrate halloween. i moved into my own home at nineteen and have enjoyed every year , i was 41 this week so i suppose halloween is the ultimate bday party every year.
my daughters have been brought up to welcome tot's so i hope they will continue the tradition, maybe not as scatty as decorating every room like me bt just a jack o lantern !

gidget
Zombie
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by gidget » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:14 am

i visited with a friend in 2002 in Salinas, cal. usa. was at his place for halloween. i had never experienced halloween before. it was fantasic. we stayed at home and handed out candy and then later walked around the street and visited his friends who had a huge display and party. i was hooked! just wished i got organise to go back to the usa around this time of year and buy up large all the decorations. with work and life being busy cant find the timne this year, but, maybe next year i might make the effort to head to usa around october, just have to now work out which city selld the best stuff.

theicewitch
Crypt Keeper

Post by theicewitch » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:55 pm

I bought an ex funeral home.

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:10 pm

For really? How does it look like?

theicewitch wrote:I bought an ex funeral home.

Ghoul of the Graves
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by Ghoul of the Graves » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:21 am

My cousin was aloud to go Trick or Treating from an early age but my parents didn't allow me to go until I was 10/11. I asked them every year until eventually I was allowed to go (there was a full moon too!) and I have been hooked ever since.

I also had a love for spooky stuff since I was young so Halloween was the perfect oppertunity to embrace that love. :D
Please report all offensive posts to the Mods!