Getting into the spirit yet?

Discussion of general Halloween topics
DemonSlayerMau
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Re: Getting into the spirit yet?

Post by DemonSlayerMau » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:02 pm

I don't think there's any time that I don't feel at least a little Halloween spirit. After all, I do live in a 100 year old house that's perported to be haunted, but I too am glad it's Summer, and am going to enjoy my motorcycle, trips to the beach and my Birthday Barbecue next Saturday.
Now I can understand how that feels Pumpkin Man, considering I live in a house that's over a hundred years old, and I know that people have died in it. The very room I'm living in, my grandfather passed away in. Sometimes I get a little paranoid late at night when the lights are off and everyone else is sleeping. *shudders* But I know a lot of it's just my imagination.
In fact, I took a pretty creepy picture of it at night once with my (not so) new digital camera...and people thought it looked like the Amityville horror house. :lol:
Attachments
Horror House.jpg
Horror House.jpg (41.02 KiB) Viewed 11852 times
This probably seems crazy, crazy, a graveyard theory,
A ghost tried to approach me and got leery.
Ask him a question and he vanished in a second...

~ From a Ghost's Pumpkin Soup (Pumpkin Hill zone theme Song from Sonic Adventure 2) ~

Midnight Witch
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by Midnight Witch » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:25 pm

Fall is getting closer. Hello, Halloween.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.” -Einstein

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:32 pm

Mau, you should tear those square windows out and put the quarter moon windows in like the real Amity house used to have!!
http://theyard.netii.net/
"You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar but if you pull their wings off they'll eat whatever you give them!"

Midnight Witch
Haunt Master

Post by Midnight Witch » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:46 pm

DemonSlayerMau wrote:
I don't think there's any time that I don't feel at least a little Halloween spirit. After all, I do live in a 100 year old house that's perported to be haunted, but I too am glad it's Summer, and am going to enjoy my motorcycle, trips to the beach and my Birthday Barbecue next Saturday.
Now I can understand how that feels Pumpkin Man, considering I live in a house that's over a hundred years old, and I know that people have died in it. The very room I'm living in, my grandfather passed away in. Sometimes I get a little paranoid late at night when the lights are off and everyone else is sleeping. *shudders* But I know a lot of it's just my imagination.
In fact, I took a pretty creepy picture of it at night once with my (not so) new digital camera...and people thought it looked like the Amityville horror house. :lol:
What's that at your bottom window? It's grayish. It^looks like a small animal. :|
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.” -Einstein

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:51 pm

looks like a cat in the window
http://theyard.netii.net/
"You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar but if you pull their wings off they'll eat whatever you give them!"

DemonSlayerMau
Halloween Master

Post by DemonSlayerMau » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:03 pm

Yes, that is one of our cats. I think it's Pinky because he's a big cat and has kind of an orange and white fur pattern. Difficult to tell from a distance, but I'm pretty sure that's our Pinky.
And unfortunately I have no say in what goes on with any "redecorating" of our house because technically, it's my grandmother's house. But I think it looks spooky enough in it's own right. I once took a picture from a different angle, and photo edited it to look like it was haunted. My grandma thought it looked like an alien space craft had landed next to it and lights were shining in the window. :lol:
But there's no photo editing involved there. Just a digital camera, and a night flash setting. :) And an orange cat in the window.

~ From a Ghost's Pumpkin Soup (Pumpkin Hill zone theme Song from Sonic Adventure 2) ~

Midnight Witch
Haunt Master

Post by Midnight Witch » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:15 pm

DemonSlayerMau wrote:Yes, that is one of our cats. I think it's Pinky because he's a big cat and has kind of an orange and white fur pattern. Difficult to tell from a distance, but I'm pretty sure that's our Pinky.
And unfortunately I have no say in what goes on with any "redecorating" of our house because technically, it's my grandmother's house. But I think it looks spooky enough in it's own right. I once took a picture from a different angle, and photo edited it to look like it was haunted. My grandma thought it looked like an alien space craft had landed next to it and lights were shining in the window. :lol:
But there's no photo editing involved there. Just a digital camera, and a night flash setting. :) And an orange cat in the window.
Could you post an up close picture of Pinky and post it here? Please?

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Post by Andybev01 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:30 pm

shanda wrote:I got this cute mini pumpkin kit today. It is a pumpkin flower pot and it came with seeds and soil to grow those cute minis in your kitchen.

Planted them. Can't wait to see if they grow.

And, I started going thru my indoor decorations yesterday. I am cleaning up, and fixing what is broken. I am starting to get the bug!
How much time is it supposed to take from planting to harvest? I haven't seen a kit like you describe but it sounds intriguing.
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

DemonSlayerMau
Halloween Master

Post by DemonSlayerMau » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:24 pm

Here's a good one of Pinky with my keys! :lol:
Attachments
Pinkshasmykeys.jpg
Pinkshasmykeys.jpg (79.68 KiB) Viewed 11838 times

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:22 pm

iHaunt, yes I will be 50. Half a century of life I will be celebrating.

Demonslayer, that's one very nice house. I don't care for the newer houses at all. I'll stick with something 100 years old or older any time.

Mike

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:45 pm

Pumpkin_Man wrote: iHaunt, yes I will be 50. Half a century of life I will be celebrating.
That's great, Mike! :D I'll be 35 in September. It's only two more months to go for my birthday! 8)

DemonSlayerMau
Halloween Master

Post by DemonSlayerMau » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:38 pm

Pumpkin_Man wrote:
Demonslayer, that's one very nice house. I don't care for the newer houses at all. I'll stick with something 100 years old or older any time.

Mike
Thanks. I like old houses too, but they have their drawbacks. For instance, there's a lot of upkeep you have to worry about, things start to go wrong on them and fall apart. Then you have to replace wiring, plumbing, etc. And our foundation isn't very strong, and you have to deal with some settling too.
But old houses often have an interesting history behind them, and they're great for telling scary stories in. Years and years ago, our house used to be a bed and breakfist apparently. Grandma likes to tell me about how things used to be. There used to be a field out back filled with some wild berries. Now it's a soccer field. We're one of the oldest houses in our small community. It'd be a shame to tear it down someday, but with all the upkeep on it, Grandma would just as soon get a double wide someday. When she's gone, I guess my dad's going to get the house. He's earned it really, he's done most of the maintenence on it.
So there's good and bad with old houses. They're great for old fashioned Halloween and Christmas parties, but the up keep and maintence can be a pain. There's also the danger of faulty wiring as well. Our celler is also really musty and filled with cob webs. I don't mind the cob webs, but dust can be a killer, and I'm kind of afraid I'd get bit by a spider. Granted, if you have the time and money to work on restoring the house, then it can be really spectacular. Like I said before, I almost don't need to decorate for Halloween. The house is kind of spooky on it's own. But it's still fun to do, even if my decorations are limited due to my circumstances. I'm hoping to move out next year however, and when I get my own apartment, the whole thing's going to be Halloween themed come the following October!

MyersFan1
Halloween Master

Post by MyersFan1 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:09 am

Mau that house does look very creepy, and it does closely resemble the amityville horror house! I bet, being as old as it is, that it creaks and groans a lot :shock: . That would be enough to keep me in the Halloween mood all year. Thanks for sharing the pictures of your house and your beautiful cat!

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Post by Andybev01 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:55 pm

DemonSlayerMau wrote:Here's a good one of Pinky with my keys! :lol:
Do you ever get the feeling that all cats are related? This is Amber.
Attachments
All Is Right In The World edit.JPG
All Is Right In The World edit.JPG (92.12 KiB) Viewed 11826 times
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:24 pm

Demonslayer, that's how it is with any house. Even the newest homes have gutters that have to be cleaned, and many are built with 'planned obselesence.' Many of the newer houses have roofs that are designed to fall apart in 20 years so the roofers could be kept in work. The house my arents lived in in New Lenox was such a house. The roof started to leak about 12 or 13 years after we moved in. It got so bad that the ceiling in what was my younger sister's bed room got satchurated and caved in. All of her cloths, her computer, everything was drenched in water and soaked dry wall. It was a major mess.

I had to have a lot of extensive work done on my house, too. I had the kitchen resided, the roof completely resheeted and reshingled, and painted inside and out. But after 100 years, my house is still standing. I doubt any modern suberbinite home will have the same said for it. In fact, I wouldn't be suprised if that entire New Lenox subdivision where we lived back in my high school days will be totaly gone 50 years from now.

Mike