Early Halloween Sightings!

Discussion of general Halloween topics
vrb8919
Crypt Keeper
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: Early Halloween Sightings!

Post by vrb8919 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:36 pm

Nice pic. Can't believe you're already seeing color change in the leaves. We don't see anything like that until late September/Early October.

vrb8919
Crypt Keeper

Post by vrb8919 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:39 pm

NeverMore wrote:
I'm jealous! I've yet to even see any coming soons for Spirit or the other pop up stores.
It's pretty neat this year! I'm sure you'll be seeing it soon enough. In spirit, as I'm sure you have noticed if you go in each year, they seem to have a bit of a theme with their bigger props. This year it seems to be haunted clowns, and asylum.

SIEFKA
Master Reaper

Post by SIEFKA » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:30 pm

I love Spirit Halloween! Last year they had a Spirit Halloween only about 5 minutes from my work and a Halloween City just down the street about 5 minutes. So if I could not find something at one I would just go to the other. Spirit it seems like it tends to go with a theme like you said vrb8919.

This year we only have one store opening which is in the same spot Spirit Halloween was it is Halloween City. I got the chills when I saw this the other day. I was driving home from work and saw the local haunted house testing their outside strobe lights! I had chills and just had to honk my horn out of excitement. I would love to work again at a Haunted House but I most likely will do that next year. See I have this group of friends that love haunted houses as much as I do and will go to every one of them. So next year they will be gone so I will most likely work a haunted house instead. I have though thought about working at the local Halloween City.

I just can't wait until next Halloween,
'Cause I've got some new ideas
that will really make them scream!
And, by God, I'm really gonna give it all my might!

Andybev01
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Andybev01 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:17 pm

vrb8919 wrote:Nice pic. Can't believe you're already seeing color change in the leaves. We don't see anything like that until late September/Early October.
The freaky thing is that this is a relatively recent change.

A few years ago the trees in downtown Los Altos began turning at the end of June.

Not just one species, all of them.
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:31 am

My church was asking for volunteers to work the Halloween party at the parish hall, which is going to be the Saturday before Halloween. The Chamber of Comerce has a bulliten board notice up for their Halloween shindig, and my grand nephew is already talking about what he wants to be for Halloween. He wants to be Iron Man. Some Halloween merchandise is on sale at the local drug store, and one of the local 'mom & pop' stores have a huge Halloween display in their front window.

Mike

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:47 am

One of our Kroger's has a row of ceramic jack-o-lanterns in front of it.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:18 pm

Some of those ceramic jack o'lanterns look cool, but with my luck I would probably break them, so I go with the plastic.

Mike

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:50 am

Saw my first Spirit store yesterday. Unfortunately, didn't have time to stop in and I don't want to drive back to that part of town just for that so hopefully I find one around here.

Demonic Duck
Halloween Master

Post by Demonic Duck » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:23 pm

NeverMore wrote:
Saw my first Spirit store yesterday. Unfortunately, didn't have time to stop in and I don't want to drive back to that part of town just for that so hopefully I find one around here.
Get in the Spirit Nevermore.

I still have yet to see any pop up stores. We normally have plenty though I suppose they do still have time.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:55 pm

I'm still anxiously waiting for the local Caseys to stock more Count Chocula and Frankenberry.

Mike

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:40 pm

Demonic Duck wrote:Get in the Spirit Nevermore.
Hard to do when it's so hot outside and I'm working out in that sun. Fall feels a long way off. Plus with the price of gas, I treat it like gold. I'm sure there's another Spirit store within 10 miles, or I'll find myself in an area where there is one.

Boogeyman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Boogeyman » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:04 pm

NeverMore wrote:
Demonic Duck wrote:Get in the Spirit Nevermore.
Hard to do when it's so hot outside and I'm working out in that sun. Fall feels a long way off. Plus with the price of gas, I treat it like gold. .
Ain't that the truth. I usually go driving to Hobby Lobby, Target, Meijer( think Walmart, but existed first) etc to check out their stock. I am not sure I will be able to do that this year. It is in the 90's and very humid here this week. But after Labor day, it is supposed to go down to 75 and get even cooler over the next two weeks. Even with the weather, I have caught myself looking at the Lemax website, the company that does the Spookytown village collection. It is pointless for me to look at that stuff because there is no way I can afford it. I don't have anywhere to set it up either.
There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root.

Henry David Thoreau

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:06 pm

NeverMore wrote:Hard to do when it's so hot outside and I'm working out in that sun. Fall feels a long way off. Plus with the price of gas, I treat it like gold. I'm sure there's another Spirit store within 10 miles, or I'll find myself in an area where there is one.
come here to where I am, we have a Halloween Express thats just put up it's banner about a block from me, you could walk there :)
http://theyard.netii.net/
"You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar but if you pull their wings off they'll eat whatever you give them!"

Lone Haunter
Master Reaper

Post by Lone Haunter » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:36 pm

In my mailbox yesterday.
Grandin Road Halloween catalog.

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:57 pm

Spookymufu wrote:come here to where I am, we have a Halloween Express thats just put up it's banner about a block from me, you could walk there :)
Walk!?! You used to live in SoCal, nobody walks in L.A.