Early Halloween Spottings!

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Andybev01
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Re: Early Halloween Spottings!

Post by Andybev01 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:47 am

Pumpkin_Man wrote: I saw some Halloween paper plates and napkins at my local grocery store last night. Then just for fun, I went and looked at a Harley Davidson some one had for sale out in front of his house. When I knocked on the door to inquire about it, I was greeted by a guy who had a string of pumpkin lights in his hand. "Just gettign ready for Halloween" he said.

The bike rode like a dream, but he wanted too much money for it.

Miek

Good and bad news I suppose.
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:03 pm

That's one way of putting it. But I am saving my pennies, and I hope to have a new bike next Spring or Summer. The one I really want is not a Harley Davidson, though. It's a Triumph Rocket III Touring bike.

Mike

iHaunt
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by iHaunt » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:43 pm

All Halloween stuffs and candies are out there at all stores right now!!!

Kroger's
Wal-Mart
Big K-Mart
Food Lion
Target
Party City
Haris Teeter's

...and so on... 8)

MyersFan1
Halloween Master

Post by MyersFan1 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:10 pm

I have to regrettably admit that this week I have been completely swamped with work, and unfortunately I have been able to stop in anywhere to see if any Halloween stuff has been put. I will definitely have to change that this weekend and get my rear end out to some stores to browse for the new Halloween goodies.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:23 pm

I went to the grocery store this afternoon to buy the makings for my dinner tomorrow, and they had Halloween candy out for sale and on sale. I usualy don't stock up until early October, but I just might stock up the next time I get a pay check, because they have that candy at a steel.

Mike

Firefighter_Barbie
Master Reaper

Post by Firefighter_Barbie » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:12 pm

Well I haven't seen too much yet for halloween. Basically a few (only 2) halloween Magazines and one kind of halloween candy at Walmart...not very much I know. But while I was out for a drive a few weeks ago there was a house completely and totally decorated for halloween with a 2 acre pumpkin patch beside the house as a bonus so that made me pretty happy to see :)

MyersFan1
Halloween Master

Post by MyersFan1 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:46 pm

Firefighter_Barbie wrote:Well I haven't seen too much yet for halloween. Basically a few (only 2) halloween Magazines and one kind of halloween candy at Walmart...not very much I know. But while I was out for a drive a few weeks ago there was a house completely and totally decorated for halloween with a 2 acre pumpkin patch beside the house as a bonus so that made me pretty happy to see :)
Gotta love those people who decorate that early, and nothing says Halloween like a pumpkin patch-kudos to those people!

Still nothing much other than candy here in the stores in my area. However, as of right now it is 59 degrees, so that always gives me a great feeling. The high of today must have been high 60s-it got me in the Halloween spirit so much!! I can't wait until the weather is always this cool, and with September here my wish should come true :D .

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:35 am

I saw a couple more Spirit Stores in our town. That's three I've found so far. They don't open till next week. There was a small Hallowe'en store already open in the same mall as one of the Spirit Stores but the place was a joke. Very little selection, almost like they're just stocking enough items so they can grab some cash before the big guns open. The Hallmark store had quite a few items, Spencers had nothing yet and the Walmart at that mall had nothing either.

• [list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list]Image
[/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]

Firefighter_Barbie
Master Reaper

Post by Firefighter_Barbie » Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:05 pm

MyersFan1 wrote: Gotta love those people who decorate that early, and nothing says Halloween like a pumpkin patch-kudos to those people!

Still nothing much other than candy here in the stores in my area. However, as of right now it is 59 degrees, so that always gives me a great feeling. The high of today must have been high 60s-it got me in the Halloween spirit so much!! I can't wait until the weather is always this cool, and with September here my wish should come true :D .
Oh I know what you mean! Today's high here is 17 degrees celsius (I don't know what that is ferenhite) and a little foggy which is suppost to stay :D It also has that "Halloween smell" in the air! This weather is a drastic change from last week when it was 35 degrees C (around 105 F) and sunny.

It's coming people :D

MyersFan1
Halloween Master

Post by MyersFan1 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:51 pm

Firefighter_Barbie wrote: :D It also has that "Halloween smell" in the air!
I know exactly what you're talking about when you say the "Halloween smell", it's hard to explain but its just there. I have the same smell here in VA, and right now I have a window open and I'm taking it all in!

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:08 pm

MyersFan1 wrote:
Firefighter_Barbie wrote: :D It also has that "Halloween smell" in the air!
I know exactly what you're talking about when you say the "Halloween smell", it's hard to explain but its just there. I have the same smell here in VA, and right now I have a window open and I'm taking it all in!

MyersFan1, you do live here in VA? I do live in Norfolk/Virginia Beach area. Which city are you from? Just curious. ;)

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:53 pm

The bookstore at the college where I work is now displaying Halloween decorations and a lot of them are on sale.

Mike

Firefighter_Barbie
Master Reaper

Post by Firefighter_Barbie » Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:00 pm

I went through Starbucks today with a friend (I've never been there before :shock: ) and saw that they have their Pumpkin Spice Latte's out now :D They look pretty good but has anyone actually had one before? If so, are they good?

...I was gonna get one but I didn't want to spend $4 on a small drink that I may not like lol

Alan Wake
Haunt Master

Post by Alan Wake » Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:05 pm

I had that once. But 4 dollars for a coffee I can make at home? Ridiculous.

"But nightmares exist outside of logic, and there's little fun to be had in explanations; they're antithetical to the poetry of fear." - Stephen King

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:12 pm

Firefighter_Barbie wrote:I went through Starbucks today with a friend (I've never been there before :shock: ) and saw that they have their Pumpkin Spice Latte's out now :D They look pretty good but has anyone actually had one before? If so, are they good?

...I was gonna get one but I didn't want to spend $4 on a small drink that I may not like lol

i've never been a starbucks guy (not big on coffee) but their pumpkin spice is REALLY good!
Last night 'twas witching Hallowe'en
Dearest; an apple russet- brown
I pared, and thrice above my crown
Whirled the long skin; they watched in keen;
I flung it far; they laughed and cried me shame
Dearest, there lay the letter of your name!