New member Introduction [old]

Discussion of general Halloween topics
OctoberChill
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: New member Introduction

Post by OctoberChill » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:46 pm

Welcome all you new guys! I'm glad to see a lot of you are posting quite a bit. It's exciting :) I'm sure you'll love it here.

Commander_Chaos
Ghost

Post by Commander_Chaos » Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:41 pm

Hey, I started lurking on this board around August of 2007. I didn't post until now. I'm 18 years old and live in Pennsylvania. I have always loved Halloween and fall stuff. Every year in the middle of summer I start thinking about fall already. In August I become more excited as stores start to bring out their Halloween stuff.

Rising Dead Man
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Rising Dead Man » Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:49 pm

Welcome! Keep posting and stay on the forums and you will have fun here!
Halloween wraps fear in innocence,
As though it were a slightly sour sweet.
Let terror, then, be turned into a treat...
~Nicholas Gordon

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:52 pm

Hi Commander Chaos! Welcome aboard!!!

Please welcome our newest member Commander! ;)

PumpkinJack81
Ghost

Trick-Or-Treat

Post by PumpkinJack81 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:54 pm

Greetings ghouls and goblins,

My favorite part of Halloween would have to be pumpkins. I love carving them and seeing pumpkin decorations and pictures everywhere. I am from Matthews, NC just outside of Charlotte. My favorite Halloween activity would have to be decorating our home, inside and out! :) Favorite Halloween candy? Reese's Pieces - they always remind me of Halloween; probably because of the colors. Halloween costume? As a child, The Joker. As an adult, probably my Captain Jack Sparrow costume because it the first costume I actually spent a fair amount of money on and have used it several times.

Other than all that, I simply LOVE Halloween!!!! Ever since I was little, Halloween has been my favorite holiday. I'm not sure if it started because my birthday is five days before it, or if I was just instantly drawn to the creepiness of it due to my odd personality. Whatever the reason, Halloween will forever be the most wonderful time of the year for me! :mrgreen:

Look forward to meeting all you other Halloween fans,
PumpkinJack81
Trick or Treat
Trick or Treat
Trick or Treat for Halloween
Better give a treat that's good to eat
If you want to keep life serene

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:57 pm

Wow!!!

Welcome again buddy!!

I'm very much candy addictive myself! :lol: Just kidding! Enjoy your stay here!!!

PumpkinJack81
Ghost

Post by PumpkinJack81 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:10 am

Thanks for the welcome! I'm looking forward to exploring more of the forums and can't wait to talk to more of you...
Trick or Treat
Trick or Treat
Trick or Treat for Halloween
Better give a treat that's good to eat
If you want to keep life serene

Blessed_Samhain
Zombie

Post by Blessed_Samhain » Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:42 pm

Hey everyone! This is my first post in here, and all I have to say is...I can't believe I've never been in here before! I love halloween.com and go here every season. Oh well, I'm here now. :lol:

Halloween, to me, is the perfect day to just have FUN, be someone else for a day and, yes, it is a religious day for me (Druid).

I look forward to meeting many people and having nice convos.
A gentle breeze rustling the dry cornstalks.
A sound is heard, a goblin walks.
A harvest moon suffers a black cat's cry.
Oh' do the witches fly!
Bonfire catches a pumpkins gleem.
Rejoice, it's Halloween!

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:41 pm

Now we have another new member again!!

Welcome Blessed Samhain!!! Hope you will like this halloween board!! ;)

Desdemona
Vampire

Post by Desdemona » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:06 pm

Hello everyone. I found this website last year (yes, I was a "lurker" - which I think is a good Halloween word) but didn't join till recently. I really enjoy reading all the forum discussions - it helps me get into the Halloween mood when it doesn't feel anything like Halloween outside. I live near Las Vegas, NV. I have to say that I am envious of those of you that live somewhere that has 4 seasons with autumn being the most dramatic. You can keep your snow, but to have the trees change color and then go bare, I know I would enjoy that. I do have to say in all fairness that Halloween here does have it's advantages; it never rains on that day, although about every fourth year the weather turns early and it gets cold (we're high desert - hot in the summer, freezing in winter). It is also falls on a state holiday (although it's been celebrated on the last Friday of the month since 2000) so all the kids used to be out of school on that day. This year they're off because Halloween does happen to land on a Friday. So, today to get in the mood, I'm using my crock pot for a roast with winter squash, my air conditioner is set to 80, and I will be decorating two black wreaths with black Spanish Moss for my front doors. My daughters are old enough that they don't want the cutesy Halloween deco's anymore which is great with me - I have always loved the darker side of the holiday and am thilled because now they do too. Sorry if this is lengthy - I'm just so excited that it's finally getting close enough to Halloween that I can actually feel a bit of change in the air that signals the start of the season so I can begin working on decorations and costumes, looking for movies/tv shows, making caramel corn and baking Halloween cookies.
At first cock-crow the ghosts must go
Back to their quiet graves below. - Theodosia Garrison

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:24 pm

HI!!!

Welcome to Halloween board, Desdemona!! :D

Please make yourself at home and be comfortable!! ;) You will stay around here and enjoy as much as you can!! You will find something cool posts here!! :)

Rising Dead Man
Halloween Master

Post by Rising Dead Man » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:12 pm

Welcome!! I love your avatar! :twisted:
~Nicholas Gordon

Rising Dead Man
Halloween Master

Re: Trick-Or-Treat

Post by Rising Dead Man » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:15 pm

PumpkinJack81 wrote:Greetings ghouls and goblins,

My favorite part of Halloween would have to be pumpkins. I love carving them and seeing pumpkin decorations and pictures everywhere. I am from Matthews, NC just outside of Charlotte. My favorite Halloween activity would have to be decorating our home, inside and out! :) Favorite Halloween candy? Reese's Pieces - they always remind me of Halloween; probably because of the colors. Halloween costume? As a child, The Joker. As an adult, probably my Captain Jack Sparrow costume because it the first costume I actually spent a fair amount of money on and have used it several times.

Other than all that, I simply LOVE Halloween!!!! Ever since I was little, Halloween has been my favorite holiday. I'm not sure if it started because my birthday is five days before it, or if I was just instantly drawn to the creepiness of it due to my odd personality. Whatever the reason, Halloween will forever be the most wonderful time of the year for me! :mrgreen:

Look forward to meeting all you other Halloween fans,
PumpkinJack81
I used to LOVE pumpkins when I was little! I loved Halloween since I was little too. I have loved it my whole life!! Now I am more into the darker side. But I still like pumpkins, I just do not loeve em like I used to.
~Nicholas Gordon

Blessed_Samhain
Zombie

Post by Blessed_Samhain » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:51 pm

I used to love pumpkins too - until they rotted out long before Halloween ever got here! :?

Desdemona - Hi, I'm a newbie around these parts too. :lol:
A gentle breeze rustling the dry cornstalks.
A sound is heard, a goblin walks.
A harvest moon suffers a black cat's cry.
Oh' do the witches fly!
Bonfire catches a pumpkins gleem.
Rejoice, it's Halloween!

OctoberChill
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by OctoberChill » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:07 am

Welcome guys :) It is I that looks forward to talking to YOU. It's awesome to see more people with the Halloween spirit. Enjoy :)