Guess What I Got!!!

Discussion of general Halloween topics
deadbride
Master Reaper
What is the highest number?: 9

Guess What I Got!!!

Post by deadbride » Thu May 03, 2007 9:11 pm

:D Can't remember if I posted this or not. If I did already, sorry. If I didn't then read on! I got a casket! Yes an honest to goodness full size bury in the dirt casket! My husband was working (actually doing his job for a change LOL) next to a junkyard. In a pile of debris sticking out was a casket. When one of the junkyard guys walked past he asked him about it. Of course the guy was flabbergasted that he would want it or care about it but he told my husband he could have it for 10 cents a pound. That was on a Friday. So we made arrangements to go pick it up on Saturday morning. It's funny everyone else was dumping stuff at the junkyard and there we were picking something up. So we pulled in and weighed the van and then picked it up, then pulled out and weighed again. Now we got it home and I figured I would put it under the house right away after I cleaned it up. Do you know where it is still sitting a week later? In the middle of my living room! I love it. It is a steel baby blue 22 guage with silver handles. Gorgeous.

It just needs a little cleaning. All the bedding is there, including the spring bed. The cover for the lower lid is inside, the pillow is there, the edge covers are pushed inside. I'm going to take some turtlewax to the top and hopefully that will take some of the scratches out of it.

It was actually used for about 2 or 3 hours. The family wanted a viewing but most don't realize you can't use this type of casket for creamation. Federal law prohibits says they have to dispose of it. Even though it could be reused. It's ridiculous. :cry:

Now for the sad part. :cry: My husband bought me a hearse for Valentines. It has some damage and I need parts for it. When he found the casket he got to talking with the junkyard guy and the guy said he thought they had a hearse in the yard. He called the office and found out that it had been crushed. Come to find out it was the exact match to my car. I could have had the replacement parts for my car. I could have screamed bloody murder when my husband told me that. :evil: :cry:
I may grow older, but I refuse to grow up.
I'm not weird, just normal challenged.

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Thu May 03, 2007 11:23 pm

Awesome funeral coffin! Is it real or what??

deadbride
Master Reaper

Post by deadbride » Fri May 04, 2007 12:05 am

Yep totally real. Actually used for 2 or 3 hours for a viewing. Has the spring bed and all the bedding. Wasn't buried. The dirt you see is from the junkyard. :D

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Fri May 04, 2007 12:44 am

**Hooch is green with envy*** (which she feels pretty sure isn't good for her karma :roll: )

DEADBRIDE YOU LUCKY DOG!!!!!!! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy :lol:

What do you think are the odds are of finding a beautiful, real live (no pun intended) coffin in a junkyard??? We want pictures on the big day!!!
Girl, you are on a roll.... 8)

deadbride
Master Reaper

Post by deadbride » Fri May 04, 2007 1:07 am

I guess I didn't post pics or tell you all what my husband bought me for Valentine's day. I went back and checked all my posts and couldn't find it anywhere. My oh so adoring husband (sarcasm intended but not too heavy), bought me a hearse! It does need some work, it was hit by a train. Not as bad as it sounds though. So here are some pics of it. When we get it finished we'll put the casket in it.

The quarter panel has to be replaced and the back door has to be replaced. And we'll redo the interior of the back, but all in all for what we paid it wasn't a bad deal. He only paid $500 for the car. It has less than 74,000 original miles on it. not bad. It runs great, the frame is straight, the tires are in great shape. We'll put a new exhaust system on it. And we'll put a custom paint job on it when we get it done. He loves me! :roll:

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by Nostalgiascape » Fri May 04, 2007 1:28 am

Man, a bonafied casket. That's great.
The dark night beckons. Bear us your soul, it whispers. Expose your wicked delights. Join the rest of us on the wind. The dark night beckons and we answer. Sailing into the shadows.

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Fri May 04, 2007 11:56 pm

OK, Deadbride, you really are bad for my karma...(see previous post :roll: )

What a TRIP!!! How cool is that??? Can't wait to see what you do with those props.

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Sat May 05, 2007 1:58 am

I'm feeling quite 'Charlie brownish', here. You all make things and throw these great parties and drive pumpkin cars and have these great web site and everything and NOW THIS...... all I have is my little lair. YOU GUYS ROCK! And really give me something to aspire to!

Now, I think I'll just sit here and eat my candy corn.

JACKRYAN592
Haunt Master

Post by JACKRYAN592 » Sat May 05, 2007 11:18 pm

How much did the casket weigh???

deadbride
Master Reaper

Post by deadbride » Sun May 06, 2007 12:51 am

150 pounds. Not as much as I thought it would weigh. And it still has all the original bedding and the spring bed too. So it is "fully equipped". LOL

Hdunlopclark
Master Reaper

Post by Hdunlopclark » Sun May 06, 2007 5:40 am

you should wait til october and set it up with the coffin inside the hurse and make it look like somthing has hit it and the body in the coffin has escaped !!! :twisted:

deadbride
Master Reaper

Post by deadbride » Sun May 06, 2007 8:14 am

That would be cool, except I want to drive my car soon. :cry: I want to throw a tantrum everytime I see the funeral home down the street having a funeral and theirs drives out. LOL Mine runs but the gapping hole just doesn't allow it to be driven on the streeet. :roll:

LawP
Haunt Master

Post by LawP » Mon May 07, 2007 1:44 pm

OE Jack - I feel your pain. I spend the majority of my time here at this site looking like this :shock: because the level of talent here is simply amazing! And Madam Hooch's JOL car is my dream car ( a sage green Taurus just doesn't scream Halloween!). I'm happy if my grave stones don't fall over every year...and no, I don't make my own...they're Target specials. :( My co-workers think I'm the Halloween bomb but they do not know (and will never know if I get MY way) about this website and all of the talented folks on it. :twisted:
Don't drink and fly...

Bafa
Crypt Keeper

Post by Bafa » Mon May 07, 2007 3:22 pm

I would love to hear the thoughths of your neighboprs should you ever decide to stick the coffin under the house. "Yeah.... the creepy neighbors with the hearse... I saw them shoving a coffin under their house one day... wtf?!?!?"

deadbride
Master Reaper

Post by deadbride » Mon May 07, 2007 8:06 pm

Wait till the day I post when I drive my husband to work with him in the casket in the back of the hearse. He was already threatened with being fired if he drove it to work. Just imagine what will happen when I drive him up like that!!! :shock: :lol: :lol: I am going to have so much fun once I get it fixed.

Hey NOS, I'm feeling better......!