OT / How Many Of You Enjoy The Other Holiday's ?

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Catzilla
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

OT / How Many Of You Enjoy The Other Holiday's ?

Post by Catzilla » Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:13 am

I was just wondering if the same online friends I enjoy here will be on Thanksgiving & Christmas boards as well ? :P

We really do up Valentines, St.Pat, Easter, ''of course Halloween'', Thanksgiving & Christmas.

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:26 am

Hey Catzilla, No this is the only forum I'm a member on. Halloween is the only holiday I really "celebrate".. I mean, at Christmas I do gift giving, but I don't decorate for it, or celebrate it in any other way then gift giving and volunteering at the Cat shelter and Homeless Shelters. Before I moved to where I am at now I use to do a Gothic Christmas tree a little 3 footer but that was it and I haven't done that since 2004.

Catzilla
Haunt Master

Post by Catzilla » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:29 am

Cool....anyone else ?
Thanks DOD. :D

magickbean
Halloween Master

Post by magickbean » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:50 am

The only other big conventional holiday I celebrate is Christmas, although it isn't really Christmas I'm celebrating, it's Yule! :) I put up a black gothic tree with lots of tim burton style decs on it and some fairy lights about the place and that's pretty much it. I buy gifts for my close friends and family and on Yule (Winter Solstice) I try to get together with one of my Pagan buddies and go out for hot chocolate and cookies, then go home and cook up a big stew and have a few glasses of wine :)

We don't have Thanksgiving over here and my family have never really celebrated Easter and Valentines day is a fantastic way of stealing peoples money for being in love....... :lol: So that's pretty much it. All through the year I celebrate the little Pagan Sabbats - I celebrate these by changing my altar, meditating and usually having friends over for cakes and wine.

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:54 am

This is the only holiday board I'm on because I always have liked Halloween. I do enjoy other holidays, though. I have a plastic Christmas tree I've had for a while, it's small and convenient and easy to put lights on...sometimes I buy a real pine wreath because I like the way they look. And I like Thanksgiving too, I like the colors of the fall decorations. Halloween and Thanksgiving are sort of connected to me, color and atmosphere-wise.

Catzilla
Haunt Master

Post by Catzilla » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:24 am

That's interesting to know Magickbean...glad you shared that with me, it's always good to know how friends around the world celebrate in their own unique ways.

I thank everyone else too for sharing.

I was just wondering....when Halloween is over I will direct my time to the next holiday in line & I will be looking for a board to join.
However, I will be around here year round from time to time. :)

ooga_booga
Haunt Master

Post by ooga_booga » Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:09 am

I do love Christmas and Easter (though I think it's ridiculous having xmas stuff in september and Easter stuff in Janurary!) and I'm thinking of joining the Christmas forums once Halloween is over.
We don't have Thanksgiving in Australia, but we have "Australia day" on Janurary 26.
I don't really celebrate St. Patrick's day or Valentine's day (the latter is somewhat difficult if you don't have a significant other :lol: )
Serial Thread Killer.

Haunted Horseman
Halloween Master

Post by Haunted Horseman » Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:14 am

I do love mostly all the holidays, Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter. But I never really thought about joining posting boards on that subject. I'll have to think about it some more. I'm certainly against joiningt, but I don't think I would be as enthusiastic as I am about the Halloween board.
Because once you cross that bridge, my friend, the ghost is through, his power ends.

midnight kitty
Haunt Master

Post by midnight kitty » Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:17 am

i celebrate thanksgiving, christmas, mew year's, easter, memorial day, 4th of july, really any reason to have a party.
but thanksgiving is my favorite, next to halloween. i love cooking and trying new recipes
never really celebrated valentine's day, never saw the reason. and on st patrick's day, i wear me green and eat corned beef (yuck, but the hubby and child love it)
trick or treat

Winnie Sanderson
Master Reaper

Post by Winnie Sanderson » Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:00 am

Catzilla you got me really thinking about this and honestly while I do enjoy the other holidays I don't know how much I would chat about them...lol.....Halloween is special to me in a way none of the other holidays are. Does that make sense?
Happy Halloween!!

jadewik
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by jadewik » Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:06 am

I'm not really into other holidays as much as I am into Halloween. I'm more or less not into decorating for Christmas because my mom used to go all out... 4 trees, elves, nativity scenes... I do put up a tree... but since I don't have kids there really isn't a point, for me at least, in dressing the apartment up.

I also loathe shopping (unless it involves Halloween)-- I'm very introverted and loathe the winter holiday crowds.... I do my shopping throughout the year and use "Black Friday" (the day after Thanksgiving) to pick up things for people I haven't bought for yet... so I only have to go to 1-2 stores and can avoid the rush. Ugh.

Though... for Statehood Day (Arizona was made a state on Valentine's Day)... last year I scanned in the Halloween-intines from one of my favourite books "Franny K Stein Mad Scientist: Attack of the 50-Ft. Cupid" by Jim Benton, coloured them, and handed them out at work. I'm planning on posting those later.

I celebrate other holidays too... but none so far with the zealousness with which I celebrate Halloween. =D

Catzilla
Haunt Master

Post by Catzilla » Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:17 am

Winnie Sanderson wrote:Catzilla you got me really thinking about this and honestly while I do enjoy the other holidays I don't know how much I would chat about them...lol.....Halloween is special to me in a way none of the other holidays are. Does that make sense?
Yeah, makes scence to me. :)
I'm the type of person that ''AS AN EXAMPLE'' when the sale is over , the sign comes down. :P JK
I love Halloween, but when it ends I move on to whats next and enjoy that holiday just as much.

I do ''Halloweenish'' things all year long...ghost hunt, horror flicks...shop for decor. :)

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:42 am

I have my own very special relationship with the whole Christmas season. I'll join the Christmas forum after Halloween but will still be as regular, here.

LawP
Haunt Master

Post by LawP » Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:25 pm

Good question Catzilla. I do decorate quite a bit for Christmas but Halloween remains number one. I'm so busy shopping and planning get togethers and wrapping, baking, etc. during Christmas that I hardly get to enjoy it much. Halloween makes me happy - as one co-worker told me, "Halloween makes your eyes twinkle" (so does a good Merlot...but moving on...) :wink: I won't join other holiday forums, this one is the best I've seen and I'm staying put. :D
Don't drink and fly...

Cadaverino
Haunt Master

Post by Cadaverino » Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:22 pm

How Many Of You Enjoy The Other Holiday's ?
I was born on December 25, so guess which is my second-favorite holiday after Halloween? I enjoy listening to Christmas music all year 'round, when I'm in the right mood. I also buy Christmas presents throughout the year, whenever I find something I know someone would like. For the season itself, the nicest part is being together with my family, seeing how the young ones are growing. Other things I like doing are seeing the symphony's annual Christmas concert, going to a candle-lit midnight mass (well, 10 pm mass), watching the snow fall, driving around to see Christmas decorations at people's homes, and singing in a choir.

P.S. Why the apostrophe in holidays?