A magical Halloween night

Discussion of general Halloween topics
MHooch
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

A magical Halloween night

Post by MHooch » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:57 pm

Well, it's 10:15. the TOTers are done, I just got out of the shower, and am visiting with my favorite friends. :D

I have a story to tell you...something really magical happened to me tonight. Made me feel warm all over and prickled the hair on my neck at the same time, know what I mean?

The neighborhood party was in full swing, lots of kiddles and moms and dads milling about. We were all taking turns answering the door for the TOTers, and my hubby (Professor Snape) and I were taking turns giving tours of the house and showing the different Potter decorations, doing a little explaining for those who were not Potter afficianados.

Knock on the door...my turn to answer...open the door just as the fog machine let out a blast, and there, coming into focus through the fog, was a young boy, about 10 or so, dressed as HARRY POTTER!!! Gryffindor robe, scar, tie and all! His face immediately lit up when he saw my costume, and he said "Trick or Treat, Madam Hooch!" I, too lit up, and asked if he was a Potter fan..."Oh, yes", he said, "I've read all the books and seen all the movies." I asked if he would like to see the rest of the decorations, and we checked in with his Dad who was standing on the walk (in a costume, too, good for him!), and he agreed. They both came on in, and I wish you could have seen the look on that child's face when he saw Hagrid standing there!! As we walked around talking about each of the "classrooms", his little mouth never closed...he was absolutely slack-jawed with amazement. He noticed every little detail, right down to Tom Riddle's diary, and even opened it, to see that I had written the conversation that Harry had with Tom through the diary. (Only a POtterphile would have looked for THAT!!!) Right there all my hard work was rewarded...I mean, of course I enjoyed everything I did this year, and it was great fun and a real challnge to see how I could re-create Hogwarts in my humble home...but the look on that kid's face....now THAT is why I do what I do, and THAT to me is what this is all about.

The only thing our Harry didn't have was a wand. We had several, and I brought them out so that he could try them all (the wand picks the wizard, you know) and see which he liked. You could just see him brimming over with excitement. I'm actually getting a little teary talking about it. So off he went, wand in hand, and a HUGE smile on his face...and I hope that someday someone will ask him..."What's your favorite Halloween memory?" And he will say, "you know, there was this house decorated just like Hogwarts, and this lady dressed as Madam Hooch gave me a wand...."

Happy Halloween everyone!!
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

pumpkinking
Ghost

Post by pumpkinking » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:19 pm

That is great Madam Hooch! Sounds truly magical. Did you take pics of your house all decked out? I would love to see them!
Somewhere deep inside of these bones,
an empty nurse began to grow,
the fame and praise come year after year,
does nothing for these empty tears....

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:21 pm

There are some pics under the party section, and I am working on uploading some from tonight right now!!
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

Haunted Horseman
Halloween Master

Post by Haunted Horseman » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:24 pm

Wow, what a great storry Hooch. :D
Because once you cross that bridge, my friend, the ghost is through, his power ends.

frenchy45
Crypt Keeper

Post by frenchy45 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:38 pm

that is what you call the magic of halloween ! great story mhooch

I B Howlin' Wolfman
Halloween Master

Post by I B Howlin' Wolfman » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:47 pm

OH! That made the whole thing worth while! You made Halloween one of the things in his life, that he will NEVER forget. I wish I was there. I can imagine that he really appreciated the effort and love that went into your haunt/party.

Congratulations Madame Hootch! You've done us Harry Potter fans proud!

Let's hope he brings Ron and hermione with him next year. :D
-26 Days }'-{1}
My website Link ^

AutumnGypsy7
Vampire

Post by AutumnGypsy7 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:08 am

That is such a wonderful story! Both you and the child will cherish this memory for years to come.
I'll bet living in a nudist colony takes all the fun out of Halloween. -Charles Swartz

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:28 am

Mamma Hooooooooch Image

Cadaverino
Haunt Master

Post by Cadaverino » Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:55 am

Thanks for sharing that wonderful story. If we can make just one child thrilled on Halloween, it's worth it.

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:57 am

Oh MamaHooch, what a delightful evening you had :D I was brought to tears reading your story, that is truly magical, I'm sure your home etched a lasting memory inside him, how wonderful, something like that would really make Halloween extra special :D :wink:

William
Haunt Master

Post by William » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:51 am

That is a real magic story, i mean it's wonderfull :D i wish i could TOT you Madam Hooch :D, to see Hogwarts, of course i whould be Slytherin >:)
Halloween is coming,be sure to be dead until then, if not all hallows eve will take care

midnight kitty
Haunt Master

Post by midnight kitty » Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:03 am

that has to be the most awesome halloween moment i have ever heard of. i wish i could've been you at that moment
trick or treat

I B Howlin' Wolfman
Halloween Master

Post by I B Howlin' Wolfman » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:17 pm

I had to read your story again. It made me feel so proud of your party.

Madame Hootch
ROCKS the SPIDERS
outta their WEBS!
-26 Days }'-{1}
My website Link ^

jadewik
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by jadewik » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:52 pm

MHooch- That's the most awesome Halloween story I've ever heard. Truly magic!

kallie0509

Post by kallie0509 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:14 pm

oh my! i felt warm and fuzzy all over just reading your story! :wink: