36%
Overestimated (Worse than expected)?
36%

Total votes: 11

Hallownerd
Crypt Keeper

Halloween 2008 is OVER?

Post by Hallownerd » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:18 am

I hope you all had the best Halloween imaginable and those of you who are young, I hope you all got buckets and buckets of candy, as well as the older group, whom I'm sure went to at least one Haunted House this year and were scared out of their tasty little brains.

I, personally, won Scariest Costume as the Winged Reaper at my high school, and shortly thereafter that night, I did a fair amount of tricking with silly string, and hauled in my fair share of treats along with it, and in keeping with my traditions of Halloween, I had a friend sleepover that night so I could reminisce in the spookiness of it all. I try to be the biggest in all things Halloween, and I think I achieved that this year.

Post your Halloweens from 2008 here. Did things go not as planned? Did things turn out better than expected? We at Halloween.Com Forums want to know like a vampire wants blood...
-Tony-

Also check out the site for my Yard Haunt: Nightmare on Ames Street

Haunt Master

Re: Halloween 2008 is OVER?

Post by Haunt Master » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:57 pm

Good luck! Glad that you won the costume contest, right?

So, you wore winged reaper, is that Grim Reaper?

Again, congratulations! 8)

Hallownerd
Crypt Keeper

Post by Hallownerd » Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:55 pm

Oh! I forgot to post the link to my other (highly interactive) site, where I have pictures of my costume. Here it is. Anyway, thanks. I had fun in the costume, but the wings were quite tedious, so I tied them together and they stayed upright. YAY. Also, yes, I was basically the Grim Reaper with awesome wings and a staff (the best one I've ever seen) instead of a sickle.
-Tony-

Also check out the site for my Yard Haunt: Nightmare on Ames Street

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:10 pm

That's fantastic!!! :thumleft: Winged Reaper is cool, but I prefer myself as the regular Grim Reaper! ;)

And, did you mean a sickle as the scythe? :D Well, last Halloween I was supposed to be Captain Spaulding - you know? :clown: from the movie House Of 1000 Corpses. But, didn't get a chance to be like him... maybe next year? I can't really make a good decision at this moment. Either way, I want to be Captain Spaulding or Grim the Reaper. Let me think next year. 8)

Hallownerd wrote:Oh! I forgot to post the link to my other (highly interactive) site, where I have pictures of my costume. Here it is. Anyway, thanks. I had fun in the costume, but the wings were quite tedious, so I tied them together and they stayed upright. YAY. Also, yes, I was basically the Grim Reaper with awesome wings and a staff (the best one I've ever seen) instead of a sickle.

ooga_booga
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by ooga_booga » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:46 am

Hey. Sorry to post this so late. I'm still here every day, even if I don't make any posts.
All in all, I had a fairly successful Halloween season.

I ended up carving 2 pumpkins. One for my party, one for Halloween itself.
I had a Harry Potter themed party on the 18th, (I had 6 guests turn up, our best yet :lol: ) where I didn't dress up. On Halloween day I went to a party with a friend, and I went as a dark fairy.

I haven't really thought of what to do for Halloween itself yet, but I'm thinking about waiting until about this time next year and havingThe Nightmare Before Christmas themed party.
Serial Thread Killer.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:28 pm

I had a total of 3 Jack O'Lanterns carved by "Trick or Treat." I watched a bizillion horror flicks, and all in all it was pretty decent. I began my Halloween movie a thon with a "Dark Shadows" video tape, and ended it with the Dan Curtis version of "Dr. Jeckyl & Mr. Hyde."

Mike

Halloweennut08
Haunt Master

Post by Halloweennut08 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:29 am

Hay guys glad you had a great Halloween and hope everyone had a good one and many more to come.

But not to bore you with my millions of complaints I am just going to amke a report card of my halloween.

Halloween Programing: D-
Halloween Display: C
Trick or Treaters this year: F (only 2 :()
Halloween feeling this year: D+

Overall D Just didn't have a good one guys hopefully next year i will be in a better mood more money and alot more programing on. Just wasn't feeling this one but hopefully next years will be a blast. :)
HALLOWEEN 2011 THE COUNTDOWN BEGINS!!!!

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:03 pm

Halloweennut, I have learned long ago not to count on the tv stations for Halloween spirit. I have a pretty good stock of horror movies, and almost every episode of the original "Dark Shadows" tv series on video tape, and I make my own programming. I put my decorations up on the last 3 days of september, and do other things to get myself in the mood for "THE DAY."

Next year, I plan to spend more time with my motorcycle, especialy if the weather is half as nice as it was last October. I also plan to visit a few haunted places, including Bachelors Grove, and go to a couple of "spook houses" just to get into the spirit during the Halloween season next year.

I also plan to buy myself something for "trick or treat" some time next October, but that will greatly depend on my money situation as the ecconomy has cramped my style, too. I would like either a new Mercury or a pair of Manly Labs mono bloxks.

Mike

Halloweennut08
Haunt Master

Post by Halloweennut08 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:04 am

Thanks pumpkin Man I don't have to many horror films but I do have some. But I believe next year hopefully will be better No election next year so more time for Halloween time. :) Cant wait less then 345 days '09 Halloween is getting closer and closer!!!! :)

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:31 pm

I agree with you. Withoug a presidential election looming just a few days away from Halloween, it will not be overshadowed, and it's going to be on a Saturday to boot. So while I do plan to enjoy Thankdgiving, Christmas, Easter, next Summer and the rest of the whole year, I am waiting for October of 09 to fire up the old Halloween spirit. I also have plans for "little Halloween" on Friday Feb 13th. I am going to see the debut of "Friday the 13th" at my favorite theatre (if it's playing) and then when I co me home I am going to put out one of my fake Jack O'Lanterns, plug it in, and watch one of my "Dark Shadows" video tapes, or one of my Universal Monster classics.

Mike

Rising Dead Man
Halloween Master

Post by Rising Dead Man » Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:01 pm

Halloweennut08 wrote:Hay guys glad you had a great Halloween and hope everyone had a good one and many more to come.

But not to bore you with my millions of complaints I am just going to amke a report card of my halloween.

Halloween Programing: D-
Halloween Display: C
Trick or Treaters this year: F (only 2 :()
Halloween feeling this year: D+

Overall D Just didn't have a good one guys hopefully next year i will be in a better mood more money and alot more programing on. Just wasn't feeling this one but hopefully next years will be a blast. :)
Mine was like that too. It was kind of fun. (Better than last year. Everything went wrong last year.) But Because of this damn depression I'm suffering from some things I just can't enjoy that much. :( I hope next year will be better. right now I want to stop thinking about Halloween and move on to the rest of the year but I am totally addicted! I can't stop thinking about it!
Halloween wraps fear in innocence,
As though it were a slightly sour sweet.
Let terror, then, be turned into a treat...
~Nicholas Gordon

Halloweennut08
Haunt Master

Post by Halloweennut08 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:44 am

""Mine was like that too. It was kind of fun. (Better than last year. Everything went wrong last year.) But Because of this damn depression I'm suffering from some things I just can't enjoy that much. :( I hope next year will be better. right now I want to stop thinking about Halloween and move on to the rest of the year but I am totally addicted! I can't stop thinking about it!""

Agree with you 110% :)

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:22 pm

I find that the best thing to do when I feel depressed is to keep busy. Shovel snow, house clean, empty your e-mail box on your computer, begin that long awaited project you were neglecting to do, mow the lawn, go to a movie, wash the car, retube your pre-amp and/or power amp, walk the dog. Anything that comes to mind that you cand o to get your mind off of what's depressing you.

Mike

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:32 pm

Read magazines and newspapers, clean up the house, do the laundry, surf the internet, play video games, do something to keep yourself busy and keep the mind clearly. ;)

Even, I love to read Halloween and Haunt newsletters! :D Keep doing the business until Halloween gets here!! :D

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:47 pm

Well, you know, every season has it's own brand of fun and tradition. The Lenten season begins in Feburary in 2009. What a great excuse to start making plans for an Easter party. I plan to boil and color some eggs, but I won't hide them. I also plan to spark up the barbecue and smoke up a fresh ham or a rack of pork. I also, some time in April or May, am going to start preparing once again for another try at growing a PUMPKIN PATCH! Hopefully the rabbits won't be too hungry next Spring.

But the key is keeping busy and keeping your mind occupied. "An idol mind is the devil's work shop" That's an old saying that is often heard in Christian churches all across the world, but it's so true. Boredom can lead to all kinds of problems. When you sit around bored, your mind wonders, you start thinking about negative things in your life. Things that people did to anger you. Or you might start remembering bad memories from your past. That happens to me a lot when I get bored. So it's allways a good idea to at least have a couple of good books that you haven't read yet around. I especialy have a problem in January and February, during those long Winter doldrums.

On a side note, one of the ways I deal with boredom is to cook and eat. Now that I'm on a very stric diet, I am truely dreading Jan and Feb of 09.

Mike