Halloween on a Saturday

Discussion of general Halloween topics
MyersFan1
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Halloween on a Saturday

Post by MyersFan1 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:23 pm

I think it is awesome that Halloween is on a Saturday this year. Now I have all day to prepare and get ready for the big night without having to go to work till 5. I also think there will be a lot more ToT's since it will not be a school night and more of them will be out later.

What do you guys think?

angel222
Haunt Master

Re: Halloween on a Saturday

Post by angel222 » Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:16 am

As winnifred from hocus pocus would say, "marvelous". lol. Its the perfect halloween weekend and what a way to have fun on a saturday halloween night.
hello

MyersFan1
Halloween Master

Post by MyersFan1 » Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:05 pm

This year I am having a Halloween party, which i haven't been able to do in the past because the holiday has been during the week. I am very excited.

Samhain
Master Reaper

Post by Samhain » Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:02 pm

Saturday is a great day for Halloween. You have all day to get ready and don't have to worry about getting up early the next morning.
I'm not fond of Sunday Halloween's though.
HAPPY HALLOWEEN...

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:58 am

I can sure tell you that I am really going to make a day of it, like I usualy do, but I also plan to make a month of it come October. As I was saying on another thread, I have orange smoke bombs saved up for my outside display, and during October I am going to visit at least two haunted attractions and one genuinely haunted place. (Most likely Bachelors Grove) I plan to really make friends with my motorcycle in October. Additionaly I am going to 'Trick or Treat" myself to somethign really neat, finances permitting.

Mike

ElMuertoMan17
Master Reaper
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by ElMuertoMan17 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:22 pm

Indeed, Saturday is an excellent day for Halloween. People will be out until 12 A.M. And It will be better for me, because I will be leaving to northern California for a while. Finally away from my family where I can be myself and not have to deal with my parents.
La bruja, la bruja
se quedó encerrada
en una burbuja.
La bruja, la boba
con escoba y todo
con todo y escoba.

tantraman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by tantraman » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:42 am

halloween is great anyday of the week.
happy happy halloween silver shamrock.

Please check out our new horror movie blog check our the first post on our new horror movie blog https://horrormoviehallofflames.wordpress.com/

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:12 pm

I totaly agree. I allways take a day off from work when it falls on a week day, but when it falls on the weekend, it makes it a whole lot more convenient and fun. I won't have to use a vacation day this year, though I probably will take the Friday before off.

I love it when Halloween falls on the weekend.

Mike

shanda
Halloween Master

Post by shanda » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:39 pm

I think it's great that Halloween is on Saturday too. I plan on making a day of it with my kids. I have all of these great Halloween recipes for lunch and dinner I have not used because of the time involved in prep. We can have fun getting ready to go out and really have great costumes because of the time we have to make-up ourselves! My kida are 10 and 12 this year, and they are really starting to enjoy it (almost) as much as I.
I am the shadow on the moon at night
Filling your dreams to the brim with fright,
Oggie Boogie

Hallownerd
Crypt Keeper

Post by Hallownerd » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:27 am

Samhain wrote:Saturday is a great day for Halloween. You have all day to get ready and don't have to worry about getting up early the next morning.
I couldn't have said it any better. However, last year, it was on a Friday, so kids could stay out as long as they wanted, and we all had the luxury of staying up late, but there is always an unwritten curfew in my town. There is no set rule, but last year was my last year ToT-ing. I went around the whole town at 9 PM, and anyone who DID answer the door told me that it was much too late to be out knocking. However, most of my town is Orthodox Jewish, so that might have something to do with it... Sucks for me, but I know I'll be out there until 10 PM, just in case there's a few late night sports.

Anyway, about Saturday, this is my first Halloween staying home, and it's more than I could have asked for to have a whole DAY to prepare. I'm inviting all my friends over @ 11 AM, and we're going to try to pull off a house transformation. Everything outside will go up in that one day, but the inside will be decorated beforehand for the HUGE party we're having inside during the whole 13 hours until midnight. I can't wait! I'm going to Home Depot to get all my supplies this week, and I'll be building all summer. I've got a lot of excellent ideas, and my friends are all excited to help!
-Tony-

Also check out the site for my Yard Haunt: Nightmare on Ames Street

Halloweennut08
Haunt Master

Post by Halloweennut08 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:54 pm

Yeah it should be good Just like fourth of July this month It was great on a Saturday. I just can't wait for this years Halloween or at least when it gets October!!!
HALLOWEEN 2011 THE COUNTDOWN BEGINS!!!!

shanda
Halloween Master

Post by shanda » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:06 pm

I think it is great that Halloween is on a Sat. but it presents a small problem for me. I always have a huge bonfire/ hayride Halloween party the Sat before Halloween. The reason for this is because of Trick 0r Treating. And also because so many people with kids have a list of family they visit.

Now, I either have to do it Oct 24th or on Halloween. I can't decide. I could do it late after ToTing.
I am leaning tward Oct 24 at this time. It may give others a week full of spirit this year.
I am the shadow on the moon at night
Filling your dreams to the brim with fright,
Oggie Boogie

Samhain
Master Reaper

Post by Samhain » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:33 pm

The deal here is that Halloween will likely be celebrated on Saturday for the next two years. The last time Oct 31 fell on a Sunday, trick or treating was done the Saturday before. That really sucked for me. I do not like celebrating holidays ahead of time, even if it's just one day. So the problem I'll have next year is deciding whether to have our party on Sat or Sun.
Enough of worrying about that, though.
Bring on Halloween!
HAPPY HALLOWEEN...

scorpio 40
Vampire

Post by scorpio 40 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:12 am

i don't know what to do this year, every year we have a party. i love the build up and the planning, but on the day i lose sight of what i enjoy which is seeing the trick or treaters arriving and commenting on our decor. im so busy hosting that my halloween just disappears. might just go back in time to when the children were small and just wait for the bell to ring. maybe a few more visits on here will lift my spirits !

Morticia
Haunt Master

Post by Morticia » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:33 pm

Doesn't matter to me. We always take the day off before and Halloween anyways. There might be more TOT's but I kind of doubt it. I don't think it being a school night has ever had much to do with it.
Be afraid....be very afraid!