More abandonded asylums

What are your favorite Haunted Places?
Andybev01
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

More abandonded asylums

Post by Andybev01 » Fri May 08, 2009 5:27 pm

I found this link to a site of old or abandoned 'hospitals' photographs.

http://www.forgottenphotography.com/pho ... index.html
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Re: More abandonded asylums

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue May 12, 2009 2:26 pm

Abandoned insane asylums, prisons and any place where people were incarcerated against their wills, are just rife with stories of hauntings and preternatural occurances.

Mike

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Post by Andybev01 » Thu May 14, 2009 12:52 pm

I recently joined my local ghost hunters society and they are trying to get us into an abandoned asylum up in Alameda, CA.

It sounds like fun, but I would never try it by myself! :shock:

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Thu May 14, 2009 2:40 pm

It's never a good idea to roam around in an abandoned building by yourself, because you don't know what state of repair it's in. I have don it when I was younger. Years ago there was a deserted house on our block. My buddies and I use to play there, and it had a creepy aspect to it. It was not a very old house, but it was a magnate for the older kids who used it as a hide-out to smoke pot.

One time I was there alone waiting for a friend of mine to show up. We were going to spend the night there on a mutual "dare." He diared me to spend a night there, I dared hom back. We both agreed to tell our parents that we were going to be stayign at the other's house on an "over-night." As it turned out, an aunt of his was over for a visit so he was not allowed to go over to my place, but he never tole me. I showed up at the abandoned house with my sleeping bag, flash light and some snacks. He never showed up. A cop, however, did show up, and I was in deep trouble. My father warned me that if he ever heard that I was playing around in any abandoned buildings again, I would be "riding" the toe of his shoe up to my room to spend an entire weekend.

6 months after this 'incident,' a group of teenagers got drunk there, and while they were "horsing around," they inadvertantly set the palce on fire. The place went up so fast, it was nearly burned to the ground by the time the fire dept got there. What was left was torn down, and now a Salvation Army building stands in it's place.

Mike

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Post by Andybev01 » Thu May 14, 2009 6:47 pm

""riding" the toe of his shoe ..."

That is the funniest thing I have heard all day! :lol:

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Fri May 15, 2009 2:59 pm

It is funny when I look back on it, but that's the way I was raised. My parents were THE BOSSES of the house, and we often were diciplined with corporal punishment. It was the same deal in school. The teachers were the supreme authorities. and disobediance or misbehaviour often resulted in punishment of being brought before the "board of education." And as you may have guessed, the "board of education" was a wodden paddle with the initials B.E. painted on the end.

By the way, I attended a Catholic school, and most of my teachers were nuns.

Mike

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Post by Andybev01 » Fri May 15, 2009 6:48 pm

Ditto here, went to mass on every holy day.

My older brother, when he was in 2nd grade, was called in front of the class for something stupid that he did and got spanked by Sister Muriel. He then punched her in the stomach!!

All he ever said was that it was extremely embarrassing for our Mom who was called intio the office that day...

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Sat May 16, 2009 2:55 pm

Yep, those nuns were very strict, and tolerated no nonsense in the classroom, but the good news is that I got an education out of it. There was dicipline in the class room and we learned to judge what was right and what was wrong.

Mike

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Post by Andybev01 » Mon May 18, 2009 6:56 pm

Ditto that.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed May 20, 2009 3:08 pm

I really loved my Catholic Gramer school. I HATED high school, though. It was a "catholic" school in name only. More concerned about their sports teams then about the teachings of Christ. It had it's good points, though. I played trombone in the band, and I loved it.

But that was all about high school that I loved.

Mike

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Post by Andybev01 » Wed May 20, 2009 6:56 pm

I only did 2 years at our parochial High School, then finished up at the local prep.

The cool part about it was that with a very full academic schedule at the first, I was able to apply the credits at the second and only had a half-day schedule, and still graduated with credit to spare.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Sat May 23, 2009 10:31 am

That was a pretty good deal. I might have done something simular, but my high school grades were not too great. I did good in Band and in Math, but most of my other subjects were Cs and some Ds. I just didn't apply myself. Too busy hating high school.

College was another story all together. I loved my first two years at the local community college, and I had a pretty good time ad Governors State, but there was a down side to it, though. I went back to my local communitgy college in the late 90s. to obtain a Computer Science degree and it worked out really great.

Mike

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:17 pm

Speaking of abandoned insane asylums, I am going to be visiting one in Peoria Ill some time in th near future. I said on another thread that I was going in October, but I think I may go next weekend or in September. I'll be sure to get some pictures when I do.

Mike

Belladonna
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by Belladonna » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:28 pm

There is a mostly abandoned asylum close to where I live.
It has now been taken over, at least partly, by the horse stables for the mounted police.
But a friend of mine who does painting got the job of painting the stables and offices.
He said he has never believed in ghosts or spirits, or the paranormal. But he said he got some very sickening vibes and bad feelings while he was there. He said he and his partner hurried to finish it.

They did go looking around the place a little....I would have loved to have been with them. But he said maybe it was better I didn't get to. The place has some serious vibes.
He says he still has bad dream of it now and then.
"The woods are lovely, dark and deep, and I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep. Did you hear me butterfly? Miles to go before you sleep."

adrian
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by adrian » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:52 pm

asylums are just spooky.. period lol
Last night 'twas witching Hallowe'en
Dearest; an apple russet- brown
I pared, and thrice above my crown
Whirled the long skin; they watched in keen;
I flung it far; they laughed and cried me shame
Dearest, there lay the letter of your name!