2007 Summer Halloween Gift Exchange

Discussion of general Halloween topics
LawP
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by LawP » Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:46 pm

Thank you for that bit of H.com information. I did not know that.
Don't drink and fly...

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:24 pm

deadbride's package came in the mail today!!!!! thank you deadbride...don't worry about the note! Feel free to send it whenever. I am sure it is nice though.

This was a cool cornucopia of creepy critters! I won't tell everything that was in this Pandora's box! But there was some great stuff..........creepy stuff...plastic bugs and spiders, little Dracula coffins and more...and the centerpiece was a mechanized rat toy, a rat's posterior sticking out of a discarded can of food...and when you activate the rat, it shakes and rattles inside the can and TALKS about whatever it is eating in there! Wow! Many thanks to deadbride, I don't know where she finds all these things.

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:59 pm

You know something gals & guys, this really makes my day hearing everyone sounding so happy and excited, I think this has been a wonderful way to lift up our downhearted Halloween spirits, I mean what a better way to lift our spirits during a time of season that is perhaps "for some" Halloweeniers, a hard time of the year.

And it's just great to know that people in far off different places can do little things that make a big difference in ones life, it's just a wonderful feeling I think to know you've made someone's day just a little bit spookier in a happy sort of way. :wink:

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:18 pm

I agree totally. I was having a "blah" sort of day today, a somewhat down day. Now, this is normal and a part of life, of course. But it is nice to get a box of creepy in the mail, these kinds of things are very charming to me and I like pen pals too! So this enlivens my evening, you might say. It SPOOKIFIES me! I hope my present to deadbride had similar effects! (Although deadbride's husband, I believe, gave her a HEARSE at one point, and that is a tough act to follow!) ;)

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:23 am

You know guys, I got a package in the mail today from a friend that wasn't even matched up with me...

and I had just come off night shift, and had a long trip to make today to see my daughter receive her state degree in FFA (A HUGE deal to the FFA'ers, so we couldn't miss it!!) And that SURPRISE :shock: package with all it's thoughtful gifts, and funstuff, and Halloween candy (Yes, I tasted candy corn today...BLISSSSS!!!!!), :lol: REALLY, REALLY, REALLY made my day. It was a blessing from heaven after a bad night in the ED. Thank You a million times would not be enough, GMW, you are the sweetest 'ghoul' ever, and you make me smile. :D And ain't that what this is all about??

**See, Hooch is just 'a grinnin' :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: **

Kisses and hugs to you GMW,
Hooch
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:48 am

OMG I love this! :D Spontaneous Spooky Love, I'm lovin it! Good Bats this is just so awesome! ^v^ ^v^ ^v^

I'm glad geekmidwinter made your day MammHooch! You deserve it after a shift in ED. :wink:

geekmidwinter, you're awesome darlin! :D :D :D :D Just love your spirit there girl!

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:26 am

I am so excited the fall exchange is going so well! GMW sounds like you hit the jackpot! Good thing you like Canada so much!
"Drink up me 'earties Yo Ho. Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!"

geekmidwinter
Haunt Master

Post by geekmidwinter » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:21 am

I wish I could make a gift basket for everyone, I had so much fun putting those together for MHooch and Dutchess. I seriously considered maybe renting a spot at a craft mall or something to put some of the stuff I made out, I don't want to tell too much, because I don't want to ruin Dutchess' suprise, but thanks for letting me experiment on you guys, it was my first attempt at craftiness of that magnitude. And Dutchess, I think you're going to be a long term gifty pen-pal, I love the idea of being able to send you things you can't get up in the great white north. Maybe once DOD gets hers, I can show you guys pictures and if anyone wants anything I can make more.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:30 pm

Hey geekmidwinter, I just love you girl! you crack me up! With the Whole Great White North Name :D :wink:

I too feel that we will become long term gifty pen-pals, you're such a gentle kind-hearted spirit & fun loving too! :wink:

Well, I will let you know as soon as the parcel arrives, I'm sure it won't take long. Things happen as they should, always do, so no worries :D :wink:

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:06 am

Well, due to the daughter's tonsil surgery I have left this 'thank you' FAR too long.....

EvilMel, you ROCK!! I love my sign. It is a personalized, hand made wooden sign, painted in the colors of the season, and it says: "Patti's hat shoppe...serving witches since 1692" The "logo" is a witch flying across the full moon...perfect! there are also several witch hats portrayed. Cutest thing I've ever seen!!!

Thank you Mel, for being such a good Halloween friend!

It is already hanging in the kitchen, where it will stay year round!

Thank you a hundred times!!!

Hugs,
Hooch
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:16 am

OMG! MammaHooch, that sounds just awesome!! Please post a picture, oh PLEASE!!! Glad to see you're still around :D :wink: I've missed you :wink:

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:18 am

geekmidwinter, Just so you know, I haven't forgotten about you ok, I'm just waiting for the parcel to arrive still thats all ok. Will post as soon as it arrives :) :wink:

geekmidwinter
Haunt Master

Post by geekmidwinter » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:59 am

Okay, I'm calling those people today, I was thinking you might just be busy spending time with your hubby while he's home, but now that I know you still haven't gotten it for sure, I'm freaking out! I sent it out over two weeks ago! It was sent UPS ground, so there's a tracking number, but the guy who helped me didn't give it to me, so I'm going to have to call him today. I'm so sorry it's taking so long!
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.

tantraman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by tantraman » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:04 am

wowo is there already a gift exchange, or if there is another one i am in.
happy happy halloween silver shamrock.

Please check out our new horror movie blog check our the first post on our new horror movie blog https://horrormoviehallofflames.wordpress.com/

halloweenqueen
Haunt Master

Post by halloweenqueen » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:42 pm

Im sorry I missed the exchange!! i would have loved to participate! Will there be another one????