Best & Worst Halloween Ever

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Best & Worst Halloween Ever

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:38 pm

Hi folks:

I was curious about what your best and worst Halloween memories are. I'll start by stating mine.

My best Halloween that I can remember was the very first year I celebrated it in my house in Dwight. I had a huge bash all through the month of October that year. We had our family Halloween bonfire at the beginning of October, and then a few of my old friends and some of my neighbors got to gether at my house for a Halloween barbecue and bon fire. I also had a fire in the fire place and we watched horror movies and even told scary stories about various haunted places. That was how I found out that my house was supposedly haunted. One of the neighors brought over some home made taffy apples. His wife made the carmel covering from scratch.

My absolute worst Halloween was the first year we moved to arm-pit New Lenox Ill. We were so busy with the move, that we didn't even get a chance to buy or carve a pumpkin. The house we moved into was one of those typical sub division types with an attached garage, and the entire atmosphere was just completely un traditional and boring. We had ToT rs, but the only thing we were able to scround up for them were some cheap loly pops. My younger sister wanted to go ToTing, but she couldn't, because we had to unpack all our things and put them away. The house was in a total uproar. We watched an "Adams Family" tv halloween special on a little 12 inch black & white tv, because out good tv was still packed, and we had to wait for the installer to get our antenna hooked up. (in those days there was no cable tv, so we were waiting on the instalation of an outdoor tv antenna) On top of that, I was very depressed about the move. The only silver lining in that cloud was the fact that I had a day off from school the following day for All Saints Day.

Mike

supermau5
Zombie
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: Best & Worst Halloween Ever

Post by supermau5 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:26 pm

This past Halloween was my best ever. It's because I wore my Deadmau5 head (see my forum signature), and was taking photographs all night long. Actually I wore it to 4 events over the course of the week, and I was the life of the party at every event I went to :)

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:15 pm

Everything on Halloween in the past was fine with me, always the best! :D But, the first worst on Halloween in 1985 that my school wanted every one of us to come to a Halloween party at night from 6 pm to 9 pm, and if one of us refuse to come in then the teachers would give a "Zero" on my grade! That's really silly! :? But, that was good most of the parents complained to the principal the next day and the principal changed her mind not to have a Halloween party at school again for next year. So, in 1986 we did toting at home! Yay!

Did this happen to anyone to have a Halloween party night at school before? Did the teachers say anything if you don't come to the party, and you will get a "zero" on your grade or what?

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:45 pm

I remember having to go to band practice at night on Halloween once. It was my junior year, and we were preparing for a special off campus concert at one of the local grammor schools, and the band master decided that practice was more important then Halloween. We were there until alomst 11:30. Not much of a halloween, but it was by no means the worst for me.

Mike

MacPhantom
Halloween Master

Post by MacPhantom » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:39 pm

The worst was the year I had pneumonia and thought I'd miss trick or treating. I went anyway. Probably infected a bunch of people.

The best was the year my older brother and I set up candles around a pentacle we had painted on a piece of plywood in the back yard, after trick or treating, at midnight, and tried to conjure the dead. Nothing happened of course, but it was fun to be out in the moonlight at midnight on Halloween.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:59 pm

For some very luck reason I was never sick on Halloween when I was a kid. I had major eye problems back then, so I was prone to really horible migrane headaches, too. But I never got a migrane on Halloween, Thanksgiving or Christmas. I did get one doosy of a migrane on a St. Patrick's Day once.

I don't try to conjur up the dead or any other spirits myself, but it does sound like you were having some fun.

Mike

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:37 pm

I never got sick on Halloween when I was kid, even adult.... Maybe it's my own miracle on Halloween? :lol:

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:30 pm

That's how it was for me, too, iHaunt. I never had a problem on any of those big-ticket holidays, and I was getting all kinds of migranes back then, too.

Mike

Belladonna
Halloween Master

Post by Belladonna » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:03 pm

I haven't been ill on Halloween, but I got hurt walking through the ruins of an old graveyard and house year before last. Grrr! Not fun!

Other than that, my Halloweens have all been great.
"The woods are lovely, dark and deep, and I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep. Did you hear me butterfly? Miles to go before you sleep."

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:38 am

All of you have no problem expected in the past.... then forget all that jazz!!!! :D

Andybev01
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Andybev01 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:01 pm

MacPhantom wrote:The worst was the year I had pneumonia and thought I'd miss trick or treating. I went anyway. Probably infected a bunch of people.
I see how you roll now.

Sure it's okay for you to go around spreading the plague, but if someones even posts something remotely germ or infection-related you run for the medicine cabinet, or do you have a pantry for that stuff? :roll:
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:46 am

Change your avatar, please! Mac! I'm getting sick of Easter Bunny avatar! :?

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:05 am

Jeeze iHaunt, dont you you know about the Pink Nightmare?
http://theyard.netii.net/
"You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar but if you pull their wings off they'll eat whatever you give them!"

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:24 am

Well, come to think of it, there was a movie out back in the early 80s, "Silent Night, Deadly Night" which featured a deranged axe murderer Santa Clause. Maybe it's about time we had a deranged axe murder easter bunny. Mac, maybe you can fill the bill.

Mike

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:59 pm

Spookymufu wrote:Jeeze iHaunt, dont you you know about the Pink Nightmare?
:lol: Watch "Donnie Darko". :lol: