Where Is The Most Haunted Place You Have Been To???

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Pooder
Crypt Keeper
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: Where Is The Most Haunted Place You Have Been To???

Post by Pooder » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:53 am

I have lived in Texas for a few years and not sure of where all the best places are. But growing up in Utah my favorite haunted place was the old Primary Children's Hospital. So much fun.
And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
Shall be lifted- nevermore!

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:09 pm

I lived in Texas in the early '80s. It's a big state. Whereabouts do you live?

The Alamo down in San Antonio is haunted, for sure. I've never seen anything there myself, but I have felt the presence of something, every time I've gone.

Speaking of sensing presences--back in 1981, my mother visited me in Nashville, when I was a student there. We went to see an historic plantation in town called Bell Meade, which gives tours. (It was a horse farm once upon a time, like those in Kentucky). My mother was not a superstitious person and was very disinclined to believe in ghosts, etc. But on our way inside the house, she stopped dead in her tracks at a certain spot, turned to me with an odd smile, and said, "Something happened here!" Once inside, our tour guide started telling us about the history of the house, and she said that there had been a Civil War skirmish at that very spot where my mother had stopped, and five men had been killed there. Mama whispered in my ear, "I knew something had happened there!"

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:59 pm

Pooder, where is this school located? Is it abandoned, or is it still in business? That sounds like a great place to put on my 'haunted road trip' itinary.

Mike

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:30 pm

I do agree with you, Mike! I like Italian family owned pizzeria the best than pizza chain stores. Of course, family owned burger restaurant is best too! :D

Murf, it's okay that your hubby can't remember Thomas' restaurant. I believe it's closed b/c both old man and old woman died about few years ago. That's what someone told me a couple of years ago. Well I've never visited in Staunton since 1997. So please lemme know when you get there to see the haunted theatre. ;)