do you believe in ghosts and the paranormal?

Discussion of general Halloween topics
dark master
Master Reaper
What is the highest number?: 10992

do you believe in ghosts and the paranormal?

Post by dark master » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:50 am

now that its coming up to halloween,i thought i would see how many DO believe in ghosts and the paranormal.what experiencies have you had?

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Re: do you believe in ghosts and the paranormal?

Post by Murfreesboro » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:59 am

I don't have time right now to recount any experiences (not that I've had any that dramatic), but, yes, I do believe in the possibility of ghosts; and what people call the "paranormal" I think may, at least in part, be completely normal stuff that we don't currently understand. For example, I have experienced telepathy, both as a "sender" and as a "receiver," but I don't think that is necessarily paranormal. I think our brains send out electrical impulses, and it isn't necessarily that weird that other brains can send/receive them, the way radios & TVs can do.

I think dreams are very interesting, too. Sometimes I have had dreams that seemed to be prophetic.

Pumpkin56
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin56 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:17 am

I've never seen or experienced anything and to be honest, I'm really more of a 'have to see it to believe it' sort of person. However, I would like to believe in the existance of something eerie that is beyond our grasp of reality. I think it's just something that comes with the territory of loving Halloween :)

ramaries69
Halloween Master

Post by ramaries69 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:22 am

Yes, I solely believe. I've had my own personal experiences but do not wish to comment.

dark master
Master Reaper

Post by dark master » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:52 pm

ramaries69 wrote:Yes, I solely believe. I've had my own personal experiences but do not wish to comment.
sounds scary ramaries69

Pumpkin56
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin56 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:03 pm

dark master wrote:
ramaries69 wrote:Yes, I solely believe. I've had my own personal experiences but do not wish to comment.
sounds scary ramaries69
She probably had a visit from one of the forum members. Was ihaunt accounted for the night you had your experience Ramaries? :lol:

ramaries69
Halloween Master

Post by ramaries69 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:05 pm

Pumpkin56 wrote:
dark master wrote:
sounds scary ramaries69
She probably had a visit from one of the forum members. Was ihaunt accounted for the night you had your experience Ramaries? :lol:

Are you clairvoyant, 56? 8) :lol: :lol:

Pumpkin56
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin56 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:11 pm

sounds scary ramaries69[/quote]

She probably had a visit from one of the forum members. Was ihaunt accounted for the night you had your experience Ramaries? :lol:[/quote]

Are you clairvoyant, 56? 8) :lol: :lol:[/quote]

Oh ya know, I've been here a few months and it's just naturally the first thing that came to mind when you said you were scared out of your mind and just couldn't talk about it :lol:

ramaries69
Halloween Master

Post by ramaries69 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:13 pm

Pumpkin56 wrote:sounds scary ramaries69
She probably had a visit from one of the forum members. Was ihaunt accounted for the night you had your experience Ramaries? :lol:[/quote]

Are you clairvoyant, 56? 8) :lol: :lol:[/quote]

Oh ya know, I've been here a few months and it's just naturally the first thing that came to mind when you said you were scared out of your mind and just couldn't talk about it :lol:[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:08 pm

I do believe that there is a soul, but I also believe that the soul either goes to Heaven, Purgatory or hell upon seperation from the body. I also believe, however, that those who are more sensitive to psychic phenominom tend to see or hear more 'hauntings,' because of the verious psychic energies rather then a lingering spirit.

Mike

joossa
Master Reaper

Post by joossa » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:33 am

"I want to believe." sums it all up for me.
-Joel from Southern California

Jack Skellington
Halloween Master

Post by Jack Skellington » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:45 am

Pumpkin56 wrote:I've never seen or experienced anything and to be honest, I'm really more of a 'have to see it to believe it' sort of person. However, I would like to believe in the existance of something eerie that is beyond our grasp of reality. I think it's just something that comes with the territory of loving Halloween :)
I'm a 'have to see it to believe it' person too.

I spoke on another thread about the old mental hospital I visited. That was really creepy & eerie. I felt like I was being watched all the time while I was there!
Yours in haunting;

The Pumpkin King of Hallowe'en Town

Andybev01
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Andybev01 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:38 am

I'm with Murf on this one, I'm inclined to believe in a more scientific approach to the matter.

You can make a radio receiver out of a quartz crystal that has no power source; there are signals buzzing all around us, so why couldn't living things communicate telepathically?

Think about 'first impressions'. Have you ever met someone who looks normal, says all the right things etc, but something inside you is put on alert? Maybe intuition is just a word to describe out built-in receiver.
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

Pumpkin56
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin56 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:45 am

Andybev01 wrote:I'm with Murf on this one, I'm inclined to believe in a more scientific approach to the matter.

You can make a radio receiver out of a quartz crystal that has no power source; there are signals buzzing all around us, so why couldn't living things communicate telepathically?

Think about 'first impressions'. Have you ever met someone who looks normal, says all the right things etc, but something inside you is put on alert? Maybe intuition is just a word to describe out built-in receiver.
As much fun as I think it would be to see or experience a haunting, I think if I was in that situation, I would probably be the level-headed one and try to rationally explain it away. I'm such a bore :?

Andybev01
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Andybev01 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:44 pm

Sure enough, but I think there would come a point when you have no more explanations.

Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha!!!!
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.