Early Halloween Sightings!

Discussion of general Halloween topics
NeverMore
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: Early Halloween Sightings!

Post by NeverMore » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:49 pm

I saw some Halloween merch at a Fry's Electronics today, pumpkin carving books along with some CDs and DVDs. They are either getting a really early start, or that stuff is still on the shelves from last year. I prefer to think the former.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:28 am

The local drug store where I live is having a clearance sale of all holiday themed decorations and merchandise. Among them, was only one plastic jack o'lantern, and it had a crack in it. Everything else was Christmas, with a few Valentines Day, Easter and St. Patrick's Day thrown in. They also put out all the newer St. Patrick's Day and Easter merchandise for sale.

That being said, I CAN'T WAIT til Spring and Summer, when I can cruise around on my bike, go to the beach, and light off fireworks.

Mike

Andybev01
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Andybev01 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:04 pm

NeverMore wrote:
I saw some Halloween merch at a Fry's Electronics today, pumpkin carving books along with some CDs and DVDs. They are either getting a really early start, or that stuff is still on the shelves from last year. I prefer to think the former.
What is the theme of your favorite Fry's store?

Nearby there is Old West, Egyptian and my favorite, inside a PC tower.
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:42 pm

Andybev01 wrote:
What is the theme of your favorite Fry's store?

Nearby there is Old West, Egyptian and my favorite, inside a PC tower.
I like the one with the under the sea theme, fish aquariums and mermaids all over the place. The one I usually go to has an industrial factory theme, it's sort of bland. That one was just remodeled and looks like a Best Buy now. I hate it.

EDGAR FROG
Crypt Keeper

Post by EDGAR FROG » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:31 pm

I am jealous of you guys. Your stores are already putting up halloween items. Here in Ireland they haven't and won't for a couple of months booo.
It's not our fault, they pulled a mind scramble on us. They opened their eyes and talked.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:18 pm

Hey, it just dawned on me, that April is the half way point to Halloween. If you were to put all the names of the months in a circle like a clock, April and October would be right oposite each other. Maybe I'll do a little something for Half Halloween in April. Some good horror movies are comming out, including the remake of "The Evil Dead." Also, I am really getting into A & E's "The Bates Motel." It's nothing like the Hitchcock original "Psycho," but it's a good show. Not something the little ones should watch, though.

Mike

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:13 pm

I've always been aware of the half-year April/Halloween thing. Partly because my father's birthday was in October, and he died in April. Also because my husband's birthday is in October, and my daughter's is in April, exactly six months off from each other (one on the 29th, the other on the 28th). Even though Easter is early this year, Easter & Halloween are sort of the polar opposite holidays in my mind.

I just really love the whole seasonal cycle, and the various holidays that are appropriate to each one. Autumn is the best, though, and October is the best month, and Halloween is the climax of October.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:17 pm

I never thought of it that way, Murf, but you're right. While Easter falls in March in some years, it usualy falls in April, and Easter is to April, what Halloween is to October. October is the main transitional month from Summer to Fall, and April is the main transitional month from Spring to Summer.

As for October being my favorite month of the year, it is, but because Winter was so long and miserable this year, I plan to relish every moment of Spring and Summer. I doubt anyone in my neck of the woods will complain about Summer heat this year.

Mike

EDGAR FROG
Crypt Keeper

Post by EDGAR FROG » Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:13 pm

Hey Mike

Do you think the new Evil Dead will be any good, often remakes are not a patch on the originals. The trailers for the new version do look good but that is the idea right.
It's not our fault, they pulled a mind scramble on us. They opened their eyes and talked.

Andybev01
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Andybev01 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:31 pm

Murfreesboro wrote:I've always been aware of the half-year April/Halloween thing. Partly because my father's birthday was in October, and he died in April. Also because my husband's birthday is in October, and my daughter's is in April, exactly six months off from each other (one on the 29th, the other on the 28th). Even though Easter is early this year, Easter & Halloween are sort of the polar opposite holidays in my mind.

I just really love the whole seasonal cycle, and the various holidays that are appropriate to each one. Autumn is the best, though, and October is the best month, and Halloween is the climax of October.
Walpurgisnacht. Halloween 2.0
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:08 pm

Oh, how could I forget Walpurgisnacht?

vrb8919
Crypt Keeper

Post by vrb8919 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:24 pm

There's a party city in my town, and I guess they don't have enough storage room for all their stuff, so there is always a little corner in the store with some Halloween stuff.

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:05 pm

It's actually getting close to the time of year when I first started seeing stuff show up last year. Micheal's is usually one of the first so people can get their crafts done on time.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:53 am

EdgerFrog, I have not seen the remake of "Evil Dead" yet but I plan to do so. Right now, I am pinching pennies because of some medical bills that I have to pay. '

Mike

scareviewzombies.com
Haunt Master

Post by scareviewzombies.com » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:48 pm

Evil Dead was great more gore and a lot more scary than the original
☺Visit my Horror, Monsters and Halloween auctions!☺

http://tinyurl.com/7cadj6b