When do you start hankering for Halloween?

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Re: When do you start hankering for Halloween?

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:32 am

I enjoy having my St. Pats Party, and I am very proud of my Irish heritage, which is why I celebrate St. Pat's Day so much. Next year I may go to the South Side St Patrick's Day Parade in Chicago, because I'll be retired. this year, however, even if I didn't have to work, it's just too darn cold.

As for drinking, I risk sudden death because of my gastric bypass, so I avoid alcohol like the proverbial plague. I am going to indulge in a Rueben sanwich for lunch today, however.

Mike

ScreamQueen
Ghost
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by ScreamQueen » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:02 pm

My birthday is in late June, so usually sometime after that is when I really start getting excited.

Andybev01
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Andybev01 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:21 pm

This photo gave me an early halloween tingle.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (90.08 KiB) Viewed 18951 times
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:32 am

That is one creepy looking photo. A clown & a skeleton. That is very Halloween.

Mike

jadewik
Halloween Master

Post by jadewik » Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:24 pm

I start getting the Halloween itch around Valentine's Day because of all the scary movies they usually have that come out then. This year was oddly devoid of Halloween in February.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:43 pm

Speaking of Halloween out side of October, don't forget about "Little Halloween," which is Friday June 13th. I will be retired so I will have time to really enjoy the day. I hope there's a good horror flick playing at the Harvest Moon Drive-In.

Mike

Andybev01
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Andybev01 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:45 pm

Also, this Wednesday is Walpurgisnacht, the halfway date from and to, Halloween.
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

Fall fanatic
Vampire

Post by Fall fanatic » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:06 am

It's almost May! And I usually start hankering for Halloween time around mid-July. I like all the seasons in their own time, but come August I start to see fall. The Back to School sales are going on, football training camp is starting, the new fall hunting stuff is in the stores and I start to see a sprinkling of autumn and Halloween décor. I love that time of year. I like to get some fall stuff out on Sept. 1 or so and then I like to put up Halloween stuff around Sept. 22 when fall technically begins. I like to have it up a week or so before most people put their stuff up around October 1. It's tough to hold off though when I see some homes decorated in early Sept.
But I try not to wish my life away, so I can get in the Halloween mood any time throughout the year with an old Halloween movie or something.
Ah, I needed this today. Good thoughts. Halloween always makes me feel like a kid.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:02 pm

I usually have Halloween on my mind by mid August, but mid September is when I really start getting excited about it, and my decorations are usually up around the end of September.

AND, for the first time since before I started kindergarten, I won't have to worry about school, work or having to be anyplace, because I will be retired, all though I may have to take another job to make ends meat for a while. But all in all, I am looking forward to an October full of Halloween fun, as well as a Summer full of barbecue, fireworks, motorcycle rides and maybe a vacation to Durango Colorado to ride the Narrow Gauge trains there.

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:26 pm

I should start around the 8th of May when I go to HauntX in Tahoe!
http://theyard.netii.net/
"You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar but if you pull their wings off they'll eat whatever you give them!"

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:49 am

They're having some sort of monster movie fair in Pennsylvania, in June, but I really want to do that narrow gauge railway tour in Colorado if I can swing it. A lot of those fairs also have Halloween decorations for sale.

Mike

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Thu May 01, 2014 11:09 am

Fall fanatic wrote:It's almost May! And I usually start hankering for Halloween time around mid-July. I like all the seasons in their own time, but come August I start to see fall. The Back to School sales are going on, football training camp is starting, the new fall hunting stuff is in the stores and I start to see a sprinkling of autumn and Halloween décor. I love that time of year. I like to get some fall stuff out on Sept. 1 or so and then I like to put up Halloween stuff around Sept. 22 when fall technically begins. I like to have it up a week or so before most people put their stuff up around October 1. It's tough to hold off though when I see some homes decorated in early Sept.
But I try not to wish my life away, so I can get in the Halloween mood any time throughout the year with an old Halloween movie or something.
Ah, I needed this today. Good thoughts. Halloween always makes me feel like a kid.
Seconding this post! August is a transition month for me. I am getting tired of the intense summer heat by then, and I start to see subtle signs of autumn in nature.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Thu May 01, 2014 3:11 pm

After this past Winter, I will NEVER complain about Summer heat again.

Mike

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Fri May 02, 2014 11:42 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

In July, I always wonder where that January cold went, and vice versa.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Fri May 02, 2014 12:02 pm

That's how I use to think. It was that way in the Summer of 96, when we had that horrible heat wave that killed over 700 people, but I can promise you, in no uncertain terms, that this May, June, July, August, September, or October, I am not even going to be THINKING about January. Come November I'll start DREADING the arrival of January and February, but this Summer, I won't even be thinking about it.

In September, however, I will be a little preoccupied with October.

Mike