When do you start hankering for Halloween?

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Demonic Duck
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: When do you start hankering for Halloween?

Post by Demonic Duck » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:29 pm

I'm so ready for Halloween. After having a sparse Halloween last year due to being unemployed I'm super excited to splurge a little this year! Plus my daughter will be about 1.5 years so while not quite ToT age yet I'm excited to have some fun with her!

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:15 am

Oh, fun times ahead with your little one!

Demonic Duck
Halloween Master

Post by Demonic Duck » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:47 am

Indeed there are. We also recently found out that my wise had a new parasite growing in her!

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:05 am

Congrats! The years when you are building your family are challenging, but so exciting!

MacPhantom
Halloween Master

Post by MacPhantom » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:17 pm

Murfreesboro wrote:Congrats! The years when you are building your family are challenging, but so exciting!
That's why I'm building mine out of Legos. If I don't like them, I can just switch out the pants or the heads or whatever.

SIEFKA
Master Reaper

Post by SIEFKA » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:18 pm

Just don't step on them! :lol:

I just can't wait until next Halloween,
'Cause I've got some new ideas
that will really make them scream!
And, by God, I'm really gonna give it all my might!

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:49 am

:lol:

JonH
Crypt Keeper

Post by JonH » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:23 pm

1 1/2 isn't too young, just grab a wagon & head down the street! That's what we're doing this year with our little guy (who will turn 2 on 10/30). The wagon will be decorated with web and battery-powered orange & purple LED lights, calling it the "Hallowagon"!

Kolchak
Halloween Master

Post by Kolchak » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:39 pm

This weekend I went bow hunting for some venison for the family freezer. The season has been open a while, but I have been up to my eyeballs in court and cases I'm working on to get to court. Long story short, I've been a tad mean lately. Its all I can do to keep from taking hostages.

So I got down to my hunting club and the guys I hunt with have all these Halloween do-dads hanging on our club house. Bats, jack-o-lanterns, witches, vampires all over the place. They took my bunk and covered it in store bought spider webs and then had a remote controlled spider to crawl under my bed before I go to sleep. That didn't scare me since I like spiders, but when we turned out the lights I saw two red eyes staring at me from the ceiling. They had taken those glow in the dark eyes and had them staring at me. Crazy thing was that even though I knew it was fake, it was actually kind of creepy having red eyes stare at you.

Before sunup I'm up in my tree stand waiting for a big buck to show up. Sun is coming up real slow and finally I can see....They had taken one of those life size toy skeletons and put it part way behind a tree. It was meant to be like it was peering around the tree as if hiding and looking up at me. Then I looked in another direction and saw they had a plastic jack-o-lanterns sitting on a stump staring at me.

It was soooooo tempting to take my bow and see if I could hit them, but I decided to wait, to see if any deer would show up.

By 7pm it was almost dark and I had not even seen a squirrel or a crow.(highly unusual) So...I took careful aim and sent a Magnus 100 grain broadhead into Mister Jack-O-Lantern.

The head of the skeleton was too small to aim for without possibly tearing up one of my arrows.

I took the skeleton and jack-o-lantern back to the clubhouse and we had a good laugh. I hunted all day Sunday but struck out both days.

I'm told they have put other things on my other two tree stands and I guess I'll find out this weekend.

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:07 am

Oh, they got you good, Kolchak! They must have been planning it for a long time!