Post by Demonic Duck » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:14 am

Welcome to our dark corner of the web!

Spider-Ridley
Zombie
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: New Member Introduction

Post by Spider-Ridley » Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:33 am

ayoml wrote:hallo.. im new from Reno.
Greetings ayoml and welcome to the forums. :)

witchy
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by witchy » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:55 am

Welcome, this is a great site to be on, just saying.... :wink:

puaa001
Ghost

Post by puaa001 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:42 am

Hello everyone, I am new here.

HalloweenDot
Site Admin

Post by HalloweenDot » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:44 am

puaa001 wrote:Hello everyone, I am new here.
Welcome and Happy Halloween ;-)
Halloween.com since 1994 - Chris

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:18 am

Welcome aboard!

Martha
Ghost

Post by Martha » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:14 am

Hi! My name is Martha.

I used to be The Duchess but cancelled old e-mail account and can't reset my password.

Thought I would try a new guise as my costume character Martha.

I have more time now so hope to be more active,

Martha
A Woman Of Leisure

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:34 pm

welcome back!
http://theyard.netii.net/
"You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar but if you pull their wings off they'll eat whatever you give them!"

Andybev01
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Andybev01 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:47 pm

Good to see you.
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:09 am

Oh, it's great to see you back!

MauEvig
Halloween Master

Post by MauEvig » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:54 am

Welcome back! Hopefully that won't happen again. It happened to me once so I reverted to my usual internet alias.

Although I noticed I can't get into the Christmas forums now so I might have to make a new account for that. But no one seemed very responsive on there anyway. Guess I'll stay in Halloween town. :lol:
Nocturnal Purr-Fection

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:04 am

I did browse your Christmas forums once or twice when you mentioned them back in Dec., Mau, but it did seem to me that they weren't too active. And their topics were so much about "Do you believe in Santa," or whatever. I really love Christmas, and I'd think a person could have a good forum about that holiday, but something about Halloween makes it more provocative, I guess. For instance, we have sometimes had religious discussions on here, and many different points of view have been represented, which is something I imagine doesn't happen in Christmas land.

Halloween brings together a more heterogeneous group of people. I also think you have much more leeway with Halloween decor. You always want Christmas to be elegant, but at Halloween you might decide to challenge yourself to make decorations our of recycled stuff, that sort of thing. I love that Halloween doesn't have to be perfect to be fun. In my mind it is the great holiday of imagination and creativity.

HalloweenDot
Site Admin

Post by HalloweenDot » Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:21 am

Martha wrote:Hi! My name is Martha.

I used to be The Duchess but cancelled old e-mail account and can't reset my password.

Thought I would try a new guise as my costume character Martha.

I have more time now so hope to be more active,

Martha
You should be able to log in as Duchess and change your password there without having to reset it.
Halloween.com since 1994 - Chris

MauEvig
Halloween Master

Post by MauEvig » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:09 pm

Murfreesboro wrote:I did browse your Christmas forums once or twice when you mentioned them back in Dec., Mau, but it did seem to me that they weren't too active. And their topics were so much about "Do you believe in Santa," or whatever. I really love Christmas, and I'd think a person could have a good forum about that holiday, but something about Halloween makes it more provocative, I guess. For instance, we have sometimes had religious discussions on here, and many different points of view have been represented, which is something I imagine doesn't happen in Christmas land.

Halloween brings together a more heterogeneous group of people. I also think you have much more leeway with Halloween decor. You always want Christmas to be elegant, but at Halloween you might decide to challenge yourself to make decorations our of recycled stuff, that sort of thing. I love that Halloween doesn't have to be perfect to be fun. In my mind it is the great holiday of imagination and creativity.

Yeah I noticed that too. They don't have so much the how-tos and tips on decorating and stuff like they have here. I don't think it does happen to be honest, since many different religions might celebrate Halloween but there's different religious views that celebrate different winter holidays, like Yule, Kwanzaa, and Hannukah and maybe some others that I'm missing. One of my pagan friends suggested that I celebrate Yule instead but technically I'm not Pagan and even though I'm not a believer in Christianity, I don't have a problem with Christian religious symbols and Nativities and stuff. I just never really got what a Nativity had to do with Santa Claus. I just have my own beliefs which have become more complex the more I think about them. I also recognize that I could be wrong. I don't have a problem with "Merry Christmas" and even get a little annoyed with "Happy Holidays". So it's as though there is just a tiny bit of Christian virtues left in me even though my beliefs have gone off on a completely different path. In the end I try to respect everyone as long as they respect me. I have found this challenging though, and I can elaborate in PM if you'd like.

I agree that Halloween doesn't necessarily need to be perfect to be fun, but technically neither does Christmas. I think people just make it out like everything has to be perfect and then everyone gets all stressed out over it.
Nocturnal Purr-Fection

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:26 am

There's a lot more stress with Christmas, for sure.

I think all the different mid-winter holidays are interesting, and Christmas has drawn customs from most of them. The truth is Jesus was most likely born in the spring or early summer (because the shepherds were out in the fields, you know). The early church fathers set the date at mid-winter to co-opt the big pagan celebrations.

Not meaning to hijack this thread, though. It is supposed to be about greeting new members! I just noticed that the Christmas forums didn't seem to be as interesting as this one, that's all.