MauEvig
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: It looks like the Halloween season is starting early this year

Post by MauEvig » Sat Aug 17, 2024 8:24 pm

Don't feel too bad, Murf. We saw some Halloween Oreos and grabbed them immediately. If we wait, we won't get any this year.
Diet or not, I'm not going without those Oreos. For some reason the Halloween ones taste better. I'm not sure why. Halloween magic perhaps? :lol:
Nocturnal Purr-Fection

Andybev01
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Andybev01 » Sat Aug 17, 2024 9:40 pm

Wow, Murf...that's a lot of pumpkin spice. :wink:
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Sun Aug 18, 2024 9:12 am

:lol: My daughter and I together could keep the pumpkin spice craze going. A couple of years back we tried every pumpkin spice drink for sale here in Murfreesboro (Dunkin Donuts has a good one). She has an entire book (a tiny one) about the flavor, compete with all kinds of recipes.

MauEvig
Halloween Master

Post by MauEvig » Sun Aug 18, 2024 11:18 am

Oh that sounds like fun, Murf! I enjoy most pumpkin spice things, but there's some I like more than others.
I think McDonald's makes a good pumpkin spice coffee. I'm certain most of the fancier coffee establishments like Starbucks does as well. I can't remember if I have had Starbuck's. I'm sure I have, but it's been a while. Starbucks is another establishment that is far away and even so, I don't go there often because I don't want to pay $10 for a small coffee or latte.
The only one I didn't care for was the Wendy's iced pumpkin spice latte or the Starbucks iced one that they have in stores that comes pre-bottled. I think pumpkin spice coffee really shines when it's hot or warm, like hot chocolate. That said, McDonald's had an iced variety I remember liking as well, so that might just depend on how it's made. (But I think I did like Wendy's pumpkin spice Frosty's so I guess you can't go wrong with a Frosty. :lol: )
I wish we had a Dunkin Donuts, but maybe it's a good thing we have to drive an hour and a half to the nearest one. I'd probably have a much harder time losing weight if that were the case! :lol: (Plus that particular one also has a Baskin Robbin's so, combine ice cream with donuts and you'll have a diet disaster. :lol: )
But maybe this is an opportunity to explore some health conscious foods with a hint of pumpkin spice. :)
Nocturnal Purr-Fection

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Post by Andybev01 » Sun Aug 18, 2024 3:15 pm

Krispy Kreme is my guilty pleasure, luckily the nearest one is a 2 hour drive to Portland.

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Sun Aug 18, 2024 9:22 pm

Well, Starbucks PSL is to fall what the Chick Filet peach shake is to summer for us. We have to have at least one every year.

TheHeadlessHorseman
Haunt Master

Post by TheHeadlessHorseman » Mon Aug 19, 2024 1:16 am

It's not even Sept. yet and I'm already sick of pumpkin spice products, don't get me wrong, I love the stuff but when your wife runs a bakery and coffee shop and you're constantly exposed to it then you eventually get tired of it.

It used to be special when you could only get it in Oct. but then it was Sept. and now it's available 2 months earlier because it's popular and you can't argue with sales. My wife offers a variety of pumpkin spice baked goods in her bakery, and as soon as you walk in the smell of pumpkin spice permeates the whole bakery, the customers seem to love it because they always tell her how it's something that makes them feel good.

My wife's most popular pumpkin spice product is her muffins, she bakes pumpkin spice into the muffins themselves, then she injects them with cream that also has pumpkin spice added to it, and then she puts pumpkin seeds on top. She serves them warm, and when you bite into it the cream tastes like a bit of Heaven. She currently sells a couple of hundred of them a day, and when it's at the high point of the season she can sell close to 1000 a day.

So while I'm tired of pumpkin spice, I will admit that her muffins are irresistible, I'm just going to refrain from eating too many of them until we are closer to the season.

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Mon Aug 19, 2024 6:53 am

Oh, man, you're making me salivate! Those muffins do sound irresistible.

TheHeadlessHorseman
Haunt Master

Post by TheHeadlessHorseman » Mon Aug 19, 2024 10:21 am

I told my wife that I posted about her muffins, so she read it and asked me to make a slight correction about their preparation.

She keeps the pumpkin spice cream heated separately until the customer purchases the muffins, then she injects them with the cream, puts some of the cream on top of them, and then puts the seeds on right in front of the customer. She says that if you put the cream in early it gets cold and it absorbs into the muffins, and while they still taste great that way, serving them fresh with warm cream is the best way for the customers to experience them.

By the way, one of the best things about having a wife that runs a bakery is that she always smells like pumpkin spice. :D

TheHeadlessHorseman
Haunt Master

Post by TheHeadlessHorseman » Mon Aug 19, 2024 4:03 pm

I'm going to quote myself below.
TheHeadlessHorseman wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 10:21 am By the way, one of the best things about having a wife that runs a bakery is that she always smells like pumpkin spice. :D
My wife was standing here when I was typing the last post and she made me say that, probably because a few days ago I complained that lately she comes home smelling like pumpkin spice every day.

After I typed it she kissed me and said... That's how you represent me.

Yes, I do what she tells me because of one of the most important things that every man should know about marriage... happy wife = happy life. :lol:

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Tue Aug 20, 2024 7:25 am

:lol: it sounds like y'all have a great relationship.

And, yes, injecting the warm cream like that would make a major difference in the experience of enjoying those muffins. However, I feel sorry for her having to do it a thousand times a day during peak season!

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Post by Andybev01 » Tue Aug 20, 2024 9:32 pm

It's officially on!

The seasonal aisle has been switched over from pool inflatables and BBQ tongs to Halloween candy and toting pails!!
Attachments
20240820_123912-01.jpg
20240820_123912-01.jpg (308.85 KiB) Viewed 2850 times
20240820_123935-01.jpg
20240820_123935-01.jpg (310.01 KiB) Viewed 2850 times

TheHeadlessHorseman
Haunt Master

Post by TheHeadlessHorseman » Tue Aug 20, 2024 10:25 pm

Hey! We don't have any NBC Pop Ups in my area yet. :x

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Wed Aug 21, 2024 7:21 am

I'm seeing the candy, but not much else yet.

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Post by Andybev01 » Wed Aug 21, 2024 1:29 pm

TheHeadlessHorseman wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 10:25 pm Hey! We don't have any NBC Pop Ups in my area yet. :x
I didn't know what that was until you pointed them out.