GHOST HUNTERS!

Discuss/post ghost stories etc!
Haunter
Crypt Keeper
What is the highest number?: 9

GHOST HUNTERS!

Post by Haunter » Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:11 pm

Hey Everyone, I'm not sure if anyone started a topic on this but I'm curious what everyone thinks of the show Ghost Hunters...???? My girlfriend and I watch the show every Wednesday night and enjoy it. We don't know whether or not their findings are real but I think the History of the buildings and houses is facinating. What do you think???
All alone in the woods with nothing but the smell of smoke from the camp fire, cracking leaves as you walk and seeing your breath from the cold crisp air. Halloween is my favorite time of the year!

Haunted Horseman
Halloween Master

Post by Haunted Horseman » Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:05 pm

I do watch the show and enjoy it as well. I think for the most part they show you what the really found. I did lose some respect for the show during the Eastern State Prison episode when they tried to say they captured a black shadow on film. Come on. Anyone who saw that footage could tell that this shadow was someone in a black cape that ran up toward the camera, then turned and ran away. You could even see the dust or dirty on the bottom of the cape which obviously came from the dirty prison floor.
Because once you cross that bridge, my friend, the ghost is through, his power ends.

Haunter
Crypt Keeper

Post by Haunter » Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:54 am

Haunted Horseman wrote:I do watch the show and enjoy it as well. I think for the most part they show you what the really found. I did lose some respect for the show during the Eastern State Prison episode when they tried to say they captured a black shadow on film. Come on. Anyone who saw that footage could tell that this shadow was someone in a black cape that ran up toward the camera, then turned and ran away. You could even see the dust or dirty on the bottom of the cape which obviously came from the dirty prison floor.
I'm not sure what to think about that one. I agree though, it could very well have been someone with a cape. I know they did have someone put on a cape and try it but they were much slower than what they originally found. Overall it's a good show. I like how they are there to try and prove that the places are not haunted rather than proving that they are. I think the new season starts here real soon. I'm looking forward to it. Thanks for the reply.
All alone in the woods with nothing but the smell of smoke from the camp fire, cracking leaves as you walk and seeing your breath from the cold crisp air. Halloween is my favorite time of the year!

Haunted Horseman
Halloween Master

Post by Haunted Horseman » Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:53 am

You're right, they do make a point to say that their main purpose is to debunk! I'm looking forward to the new episodes as well. I don't know if you've seen all the episodes, but the one that creeped me out the most was the one filmed in the light house (can't remember the name of the lighthouse). The voices and the shadows caught were really spooky.
Because once you cross that bridge, my friend, the ghost is through, his power ends.

jadewik
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by jadewik » Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:58 am

I really loathe the TAPS methodology of searching for ghosts. It just seems like a bunch of guys driving around the US (or occasionally flying over seas) to look at haunted places with technical equipment. They also patronize the suspected spirits and more or less focus on "science"...

I was utterly not impressed with how they went about confirming the full bodied apparation in the Birdcage Theater in Tombstone, AZ... nor with their callousness when setting up equipment. To confirm the apparation, I did like how they went downstairs to the poker room to see if they could find a real person. I didn't like how the first guy told his story and then went to get the other guy... and then stayed to interject his thoughts while the second witness told his story. As for the equipment... my SIL does the the Birdcage owner's hair and my SIL told me Paula was very non-happy that they'd wrapped a cable twice 'round a bell that's original to the structure.

I like the Travel Channel show "Most Haunted" 100's of times better... though they do lean a bit more towards psychics than science.

I think Lost Souls (though they don't have a TV show) have the best methodology out there, since their team is comprised of skeptics, scientists, and psychics. It gives a good balance to their investigations.

RUScaredYet
Vampire

Post by RUScaredYet » Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:40 pm

Overall, the show is enjoyable, but I don't like it when they start getting into tissies (sp) and swearing at each other. I'm like, "OK, I'm not watching this for a soap opera, I want to see the investigations."

Haunted Horseman
Halloween Master

Post by Haunted Horseman » Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:31 am

I believe the new episodes begin to air next Wednesday, September 26th. I will be watching.

BTW, RUScaredYet , I agree with you. The phony drama stuff was stupid, but I think they've kinda gotten away from that.

Catzilla
Haunt Master

Post by Catzilla » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:25 pm

I watch it too....I love the show !
I don't like ''Most Haunted'', that seems a little fabricated even though the places they visit are suppose to be legit haunts.

That camera gives me headache ! :shock: :lol:

Haunter
Crypt Keeper

Post by Haunter » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:52 pm

The new season started last night and it was a good one. What did everyone think of them?

Catzilla
Haunt Master

Post by Catzilla » Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:08 am

I liked it as always ! :P

Haunted Horseman
Halloween Master

Post by Haunted Horseman » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:19 pm

I did like it. :D

Tidytourniquet
Crypt Keeper

Post by Tidytourniquet » Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:00 pm

I missed it and I even set a reminder on my tv about it but I guess it doesn't work unless I'm in front of it :( I was watching tv in another room

Haunter
Crypt Keeper

Post by Haunter » Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:22 pm

Tune into next week. The previews looked great. Brian from Ghost Hunters is going to be at a local haunted hayride in my hometown sighning autographs. That seems kinda cool!

Catzilla
Haunt Master

Post by Catzilla » Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:12 pm

Comes on tonight....right ? :)

Haunted Horseman
Halloween Master

Post by Haunted Horseman » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:29 pm

Just watched the new episode. Man those EVP's from the second investigation freaked me out. :shock: