Horror Movies in October

Discussion of general Halloween topics

Which movie are you going to see in October?

TRICK 'R TREAT
62%
SAW 4
5%
Both of them!
14%
Nah, I am waiting for other horror movies!
19%

Total votes: 21

hauntmaster

Horror Movies in October

Post by hauntmaster » Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:45 pm

I would definite go see TRT movie, but not so sure about SAW 4.

LawP
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by LawP » Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:27 pm

Trick or Treat, definitely!
Don't drink and fly...

sharkey
Ghost

Post by sharkey » Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:34 pm

Both!!
"Laurie, whats the boogeyman?"

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by Nostalgiascape » Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:56 pm

Myself, I am all over Trick R Treat
The dark night beckons. Bear us your soul, it whispers. Expose your wicked delights. Join the rest of us on the wind. The dark night beckons and we answer. Sailing into the shadows.

Haunted Horseman
Halloween Master

Post by Haunted Horseman » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:16 pm

Trick R Treat is the only movie on my radar right now.
Because once you cross that bridge, my friend, the ghost is through, his power ends.

angel222
Haunt Master

Post by angel222 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:41 am

Saw I have never like the movie anways So I'd go with trick or treat.
hello

Dittomist
Crypt Keeper

Post by Dittomist » Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:08 am

I read Fangoria every month, and check out dreadcentral.com daily, and I'm pretty sure that Trick R Treat won't be coming out until early 2008. Apparently, the wankers at Warner Brothers are too afraid of putting Trick R Treat up against Saw 4 (ugh) and the other horror films in October. It's absolutely ridiculous.
Why is it so goddamn hard to release a film that's about Halloween and that takes place on Halloween in October?!?! Hocus Pocus was released in July. Trick R Treat will be released in the Springtime. At least Rob Zombie's Halloween was released when people were starting to think about our beloved holiday.
And now that I've seen the Trick R Treat trailer, I'm even more frustrated and outraged because the film looks AMAZING!!!!!!!

Dittomist
Crypt Keeper

Post by Dittomist » Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:20 am

Somebody on IMDb wrote to Warner Brothers and asked them about Trick R Treat, and this was the response.

"Thank you for you letter concerning our movie Trick 'r Treat. I appreciate your patronage of Warner Brothers movies and your passion for this film. Your concern about its release is a valid one but we feel our decision was made in the best interest of the movie. You are correct in assuming that Halloween may be the best time to release a film of this nature. However, when you look at each weekend around the Halloween holiday, there are an inordinate amount of horror movies being released. Due to this saturation in the marketplace, it is sometimes difficult to assure that a movie will find its way through the clutter of so many others. As a result, we want Trick 'r Treat to have the best opportunity to really shine. I hope your patronage of Warner Bros. movies continues - we could not do what we do without you. I thank you for understanding."

Hmmm, we have a very original film with a talented cast. It's all about Halloween. When should we release it? How about Valentines Day? Easter?

RUScaredYet
Vampire

Post by RUScaredYet » Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:04 pm

Even though I like to consider myself a loyal "Saw" fan, I have doubts about the 4th one. The trailers are not impressing me; as a matter of fact, they're pulling me away from seeing it.

As for "Trick 'R Treat", it looks like it might be promising, but the teens seem a little flaky.

Tidytourniquet
Crypt Keeper

Post by Tidytourniquet » Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:46 pm

I haven't watched either of the trailers yet but I have read what Trick R' Treat is about and I will definitely watch Saw 4 first. I love the Saw movies and own the other 3 on DVD and will be getting this one as soon as it comes out.

Edit: I just watched the trailer for Trick R' Treat and a clip (wasn't a trailer) of Saw 4 and I stick with that I said earlier, Saw 4 all the way.

tantraman
Halloween Master

Post by tantraman » Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:57 pm

trick r treat
happy happy halloween silver shamrock.

Please check out our new horror movie blog check our the first post on our new horror movie blog https://horrormoviehallofflames.wordpress.com/

Laurie Strode

Post by Laurie Strode » Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:34 pm

TRT for me too.

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:12 pm

Yep! If 'Trick or Treat' is as good as its trailer, it will be to Halloween what 'It's a Wonderful Life' is to Christmas!

tantraman
Halloween Master

Post by tantraman » Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:32 pm

man why so late i was looking foreward to that one.
happy happy halloween silver shamrock.

Please check out our new horror movie blog check our the first post on our new horror movie blog https://horrormoviehallofflames.wordpress.com/

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:46 pm

Hey, I was saddened to read that film TRT is NOT coming tomorrow because the director has been made his own arrangement to pull it out and wait until summer 2008 because of the film SAW 4 is dued on October 26th this month. WTF is going on???

Well, I thought I was very excited going to see it, but... Summer 2008!