Let's show our new stuff!!!

What do you like to decorate with? That bucket of blood?
Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:15 pm

WoW MammaHooch, You did a Fantastic job on that Mandrake root and the Sword of Gryffindor, love the red Jewel touch, very sharp :wink: And I just LOVE your Cauldron, complete with a bat on it, you lucky girl you :wink: Very cool stuff :D

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:52 pm

Here's a detail of my new jammy bottoms.
Freddy's Rocks!!!!

I B Howlin' Wolfman
Halloween Master

Post by I B Howlin' Wolfman » Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:26 am

Mama Hootch did a great job with the sword of Gryffindor! But great minds think alike. I made a Godric Gryffindor sword too! I thought you might like to see my version as well.

I found the sword without the jewels, but it was mounted on a base. It hangs virtically on my wall year round.

The jewels were glued with hot-melt glue. The lettering was done with that aluminum tape used for heating ducts. (NOT Duct tape. It's actually a metal tape) I placed a length of tape on the sword, and used an exacto knife to cut the lettering. Peel back the scrap tape, and the letters remain.

A few images...

The full sword, mounted to the base. Garage sale find: $5.00

A close up of the entire name of Godric Griffindor "etched" on the blade.

A closer look at the lettering. Done with aluminum tape as discribed above.

The hilt & Handle w/jewels (and a few iridecent marbles.)

A few other props I made was the Tom Riddle Diary. I found an old book with a black hardcover and soaked it so the pages got all wavy and wrinkled, I then took a tent stake and a huge hammer and put a few holes through the cover & pages. I had some old ink and dribbled ink through the pages. When it dried, it looked pretty darn close to the prop in the movie. I used gold rub-on lettering to put Tom M. Riddle's name on the cover.

I made a large snakes fang from paper mash. This isn't paper mache, but it's very simular. The paper was ground up to a paste using an old food processor, then shaped into a large fang, like using clay. (Same paper mache recepe, just a different technique in paper processing.)

Once the mash was dry, it was an easy step to sand it smooth and finish with a clear coat or two of varnish. (It's like balsa wood.) After that, I spray painted it an ivory white. I used an acrylic wash to put some gray tones to it. Then clear-coat the final fang to a high luster. I used a bit of stage blood and let it dry. And I also used a bit of the ink on it as well.

It was a guesome prop. But it and the Tom Riddle diary been lost for the past few years. Which is disheartening, because those were some of my most recent halloween creations. I don't even have pics of them.

Another prop I created was The Sourcer's Stone. I found a bit of lavender cystaline natural formation in a herbal medicines shop.
It was nearly the same size and shape of the stone in the movie. Just not as crystal-like. It cost $45.00! (YIPE!)

I found a case (treasure chest/jewelry box) at another garage sale. I lined the box with white and red felt. The purple & orange bag came with the stone.

Since the stone was "destroyed", I had to make up a story about the stone and why it still exists.
Last edited by I B Howlin' Wolfman on Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
-26 Days }'-{1}
My website Link ^

ooga_booga
Haunt Master

Post by ooga_booga » Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:07 am

I bought these from Dusk candles a while back. They were very cheap, too ($2 each) (possibly left over from last year :lol: )
Hopefully I'll be able to look at the local party shop soon, and I'll have more to show you guys.
Serial Thread Killer.

Haunted Horseman
Halloween Master

Post by Haunted Horseman » Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:06 pm

OEJ, those Jammy's rule!! 8)
Because once you cross that bridge, my friend, the ghost is through, his power ends.

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:26 pm

Hey I B Howlin' Wolfman, Great job on the Sword and Sourcer's Stone, and the Treasure chest box and Letter are fantastic touches :wink:

ooga_booga Great deal on the pumpkin candles, hope you find more great deals as it gets closer to Halloween :D

pum'kinpye
Master Reaper

Post by pum'kinpye » Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:42 pm

I bought some screen today to make the web showed on pg. 28-30 of Martha's mag.
I am going to attempt it. I don't know how hard it'll be for me.

magickbean
Halloween Master

Post by magickbean » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:49 pm

Wow Mama Hooch and I B Howlin' Wolfman - those Harry Potter props are ace! :D I love them all! <--- is a massive Harry Potter geek and wishes she could come to Hooch's party SO much :(

Also, OEJ - I want those pj's. So, so badly!! :shock: Although I've trailed the internet, and I can't find them :cry:

I B Howlin' Wolfman
Halloween Master

Post by I B Howlin' Wolfman » Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:23 am

I also made about 100 Hogwarts letters, and printed them on a fancy parchment evelope. Inside each one was the introductory letter, read in the movie. All of them were sealed with wax, then scattered over the lawn.

When the kids picked them up and IF they opened them, they could read the letter from Albus Dumbledor.
-26 Days }'-{1}
My website Link ^

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:24 pm

IB, you are one TALENTED individual!!! Excellent work!!
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

I B Howlin' Wolfman
Halloween Master

Post by I B Howlin' Wolfman » Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:29 pm

Thanks Mama Hootch!
I just wish I could of had about 15 owls in the trees and on the tent poles of Prof. Trelauney's Fourtune Teller's tent.
-26 Days }'-{1}
My website Link ^

I B Howlin' Wolfman
Halloween Master

Post by I B Howlin' Wolfman » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:17 pm

I posted my latest haul on my website...
Click Here.
-26 Days }'-{1}
My website Link ^

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:35 pm

I B Howlin' Wolfman, Now that is a Haul indeed :wink: You have some fantastic goodies there, those Coffin Trays, and the one saying Partying is In My Blood are sweet! Thanks for sharing what you got with us :D

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:00 pm

I saw those retro party things at WalMart, too, and thought if I wasn't doing Harry Potter, I'd get them. Very cool.
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

Stranger with candy
Master Reaper

Post by Stranger with candy » Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:52 am

I've loved looking at this thread, and all of your things. Everything is fantastic, you all have great taste! And I love,love that pumpkin bathroom set. Holy cow.
I picked this guy up today for a STEAL. He spins and glides along the floor, think of the hit he'll be at an 8 year olds Halloween party. I'm going to go grab another one tomorrow!