For The Love of Black Cats & All Other Halloween Critter

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Rigormortor
Vampire
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Rigormortor » Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:29 pm

Hello.... we have 4 cats, 3 German born Maine Coons, 4 th cat a long hair half Maine coon Domestic me and my wife got as soon as we got back to the states, we named him Spooks.... he is 10 months old now....

magickbean
Halloween Master

Post by magickbean » Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:35 pm

Oh!! He's just the most gorgeous little thing! He's so fluffy I just wanna blow a raspberry on his tummy! :lol: But, if he's anything like my cat, he wouldn't like that too much lol

Rigormortor
Vampire

Post by Rigormortor » Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:48 pm

magickbean wrote:Oh!! He's just the most gorgeous little thing! He's so fluffy I just wanna blow a raspberry on his tummy! :lol: But, if he's anything like my cat, he wouldn't like that too much lol
Thanks.... he is very hyper and runs around most of the day meowing.... he is something else..... we are glad we found him, someone was giving him away.... he is a perfect gift :)

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:25 pm

Rigormortor, glad you found the thread.. Spooks is just so beautiful, quite the Diva pose there :) :wink: Can't wait to see pictures of your other babies :wink:

Laurie Strode

Post by Laurie Strode » Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:37 pm

Spooks is beautiful, Rigor! And looks like he leads such a hard life from atop his fluffy bed. :wink: :D

Dr Strange

Post by Dr Strange » Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:39 pm

I LOVE the avatar!

That's one mighty lookin' Bumble!

Rigormortor
Vampire

Post by Rigormortor » Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:58 pm

Dutchess of Darkness wrote:Rigormortor, glad you found the thread.. Spooks is just so beautiful, quite the Diva pose there :) :wink: Can't wait to see pictures of your other babies :wink:
Well here is one of the cats.... her name is Grenora, she is our biggest cat at 26 pounds and 4 years old. We got her in Rimbach Germany, we have her sister Georgia as well. Grenny is not fat but big boned! LOL! She is on a king size bed by the way. :)

Another one......

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:23 pm

Rigormortor, omg Grenora is so gorgous. I just love Maine Coons, 2 out of my 3 I have now are Maine Coon Cross, and my baby who passed away was also a Maine Coon Cross, I just love the breeds personality so much, they're awesome. Thanks so much for posting these, they're fantastic! :D

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:35 pm

Hey Laurie, Here's an old thread of mine that shows pictures of my baby boy Draven that needs the Surgery. He's under a year I think in that picture, or close to a year I can't remember of the top of my frazzled head right now, he's still just a baby though at 17.5 - 18 months old.

Laurie Strode

Post by Laurie Strode » Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:25 am

Oh yes, I have remembered Draven's picture, he's such a gorgeous cat and a strong one, hanging in there as he is- there is hope for him yet, Dutchess, we'll be praying for him!

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:08 pm

My goodness, Rigor! her IS a big kitty; and of course, her not fat. Her is most definately big boned...... and perhaps eats too many grenora bars?
Her looks so proud! :D

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:31 am

Well I'm getting there, $2,075.06 saved so far for Draven's Surgery, Yippie! :D

Exhausted and stressed, but doin my best :wink:

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:18 am

WOW! DOD! How much more do you need?

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:15 am

One of my friends has a Maine Coon and when they head south for winter, I get to go over and feed the guy and take care of him..I'm the only guy who can comb him..he has this imperious air of:"Aproach me.." laying on the couch.
when his first owner got him from the rescue unit, she fell in love with the face and they started to take the guy out, HE JUST KEPT COMING OUT OF THE CAGE...long, long, long, long cat.
They are bigger then some dogs.
Future events such as these will effect you in the future

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:55 pm

Hey OEJ, Well it depends on which hospital we decide to go with, which is why I'm so exhausted, doing research, making calls, comparing notes, going to consult appointments. You see, where a major concern of mine is, is here: Sure the one is chaeper then the other, but at what cost to Draven, and to us? Will the cheaper one mean a less sucessful outcome, more complications, know what I mean, after all I've been through with my little guy I'm not prepared to cut corners to save a few bucks to only end up with more problems afterwards, I'm not saying that will happen as theres many reasons why the one is more expensive then the other, but I am trying to find out all I can to make the best choice for him, after all he depends on me to do it. Anyways, the 1 hosptial is $2400-$2500, the other hosptial is $3,000 to $4,445.37 That's the qoutes I was given

Here's what the name of his surgery is called, you can find out about it on the internet. " Bulla Osteotomy"

He's such a love and a strong trooper, you'd never really know what growing inside him, hes just so good about it all. He knows that I am busting my butt getting things set up to help him get well, others see it to and believe he knows I'm doing everything I can to make sure he gets the best of care :wink: