Anyone feeling the post-Halloween slump?

Discussion of general Halloween topics
pumpkinking
Ghost
What is the highest number?: 9

Anyone feeling the post-Halloween slump?

Post by pumpkinking » Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:01 pm

I put away all my decorations on Thursday and it was really depressing. I packed them all up, but decided to leave a few things out to remind me. Anyone else feeling the post-Halloween pre-Christmas slump?
Somewhere deep inside of these bones,
an empty nurse began to grow,
the fame and praise come year after year,
does nothing for these empty tears....

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:09 pm

Yes, and that's why I am having Halloween fun today! I figure, watch a couple of movies, get out the leftover candy, make popcorn, etc etc!

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:35 pm

Ya know, I had the weirdest feeling today, like it was January. It was kind of like that 'After Christmas' feeling. Hence January.
I guess that qualifies.

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:05 pm

Haven't slumped yet, still high from the Halloween season :lol:
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

kallie0509

Post by kallie0509 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:11 pm

most defianantly. it is like the day after christams feeling OEJ, kind of lonely and depressed. i put some of my halloween stuff away today, but i need to buy a new tote because i bought so much new stuff this year i didn't even realize.

i can't wait to open my halloween totes next year and say, "this is so cool, i forgot about this!"

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:14 pm

See, that's why it ALL comes down by midnight...Mardi Gras style. A clean break...then you are into the whole between Halloween and Christmas mood that you get with NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS and THE STRANGER...
Italian food, octoberfest sausage...drives into the country in the clean clear air....
Future events such as these will effect you in the future

Cadaverino
Haunt Master

Post by Cadaverino » Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:24 pm

I threw out my three jack-o'-lanterns this morning, which were starting to collapse inward, not a pretty sight. Just a few minutes ago I ate some honey roasted peanuts left over from trick-or-treat. My other decorations are still up. It was a bright autumn day here, and I went for a ride along country roads. Nope, no blue here. It's autumn!

Haunted Horseman
Halloween Master

Post by Haunted Horseman » Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:07 pm

Yeah, I'm feeling it, but I really getting psyched for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I'm hoping it pulls me out of the post Halloween slump.
Because once you cross that bridge, my friend, the ghost is through, his power ends.

Slightlymad
Master Reaper

Post by Slightlymad » Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:08 pm

Halloween hangover yup I got it bad

frenchy45
Crypt Keeper

Post by frenchy45 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:48 pm

i took off from work on the 31 and the next friday i had a card on my desk one of the new kid at the job gave us a halloween card and it made me go back to halloween time i tought it was so nice of her for me halloween is stil in my mind as i am already thinking of whatttttttttttt next year

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by Nostalgiascape » Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:02 am

I felt pre-Halloween slump. Not that..you know..I usually have premature experiences. Ya know. Just with Halloween. *cough* ahem, so yeah.
The dark night beckons. Bear us your soul, it whispers. Expose your wicked delights. Join the rest of us on the wind. The dark night beckons and we answer. Sailing into the shadows.

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:52 am

Yep feeling it but have bigger issues to deal with so I'm just so messed up right now life is just one whole huge slump, anyways such is life. :cry:

I B Howlin' Wolfman
Halloween Master

Post by I B Howlin' Wolfman » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:15 am

This is after Halloween. So, I guess you're supposed to feel a slump? But I still have most of my stuff up. I'm not in any rush to take things down. What goes on in Wolfie's Tavern, STAYS in Wolfie's Tavern.

Anyway, In order to start taking things down, the storage closet has to get organized first. It became my super stash. Everything I DIDN'T want out during the party got stashed away in there, and it's a freakin' mess! So, before I can even THINK about taking things down, I have to get it organized.

And yes, there are a few select objects & displays that are going to remain out of the box. And there are a few things that definatly HAVE to come down. I can't have the Vampire (Easle Eddie) standing behind the cooler in the living room, much longer. :? I'm just waiting for the ice to melt, and I can rinse & dry out the cooler, Pack the camping stove back inside it and put it back on the top shelf of the closet.
-26 Days }'-{1}
My website Link ^

mama2taj
Master Reaper

Post by mama2taj » Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:43 pm

I am definatly feeling slumped. I'm soo bored. and the whole hour change really makes the day different. Its so dark fast.
Shadows of a thousand years rise again unseen, voices whisper in the trees, "Tonights Halloween"- Dexter Kozen

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:14 pm

OK, it's official...

I'm feeling a bit slumped now :(

But being here with you guys always cheers me up!!
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus