the film, 'I'm not there'

Non-Halloween related stuff. Same rules: family oriented, no flaming, be nice. ;-)
kallie0509

the film, 'I'm not there'

Post by kallie0509 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:28 pm

so have you guys heard of this new film about bob dylans life played by diiferent actors portraying different versions of bob. apparently cate blanchett even portrays the 1966 bob dylan. i am a huge bobby fan and i think that this sounds very interesting, but a chick playing dylan sounds a little strange! :shock:

Laurie Strode

Post by Laurie Strode » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:17 pm

Yep, Kallie, my husband told me about this, we're mighty big Dylan fans ourselves. :wink: It definitely does sound interesting, with a bunch of different people playing phases of his life and all...he said he's read that Cate Blanchett actually has the best reviews for her portrayal of him, she's done like a spot-on performance..go figure. :lol: But Richard Gere also has a role and Christian Bale (I LOVE Christian Bale) plays him in two places, when he's first starting out and later on when he becomes religious...

I don't know, we'll probably have to see it, but it'll be a rental...can't afford the theater these days. :x

kallie0509

Post by kallie0509 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:48 pm

yes, i read in rolling stone that cate blanchett gives the performance of the year in her portrayal. i can't wait to see it. also, the characters all have different names and dylan is never once mentioned. the stories are based on different periods in his life. also, i think that only covers of his songs are featured in the film not actually their originals. and dylan actually let the directer use his music and stories so he must have great respect for this project (or just wants money :lol: ) anyhoo, it just sounds very interesting! :D

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:53 pm

Hey Kallie, no I've never heard about this, but I'll be sure to check it out, sounds very interesting. And Laurie, I know what you mean about the theatre costs, it's just crazy, 2 people $40 poof, gone, it's nuts! :shock: We've only gone to the really big movies we love like Lord of The Rings, Pirates of The Carribean, Harry Potter etc everything else gets rented, which is fine with me :wink:

kallie0509

Post by kallie0509 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:25 pm

yeah, we just got this movie tavern place in ky that serves food. it's like a movie theatre that serves food and alcohol. it's a great idea, but so expensive! the food could be better too. i got the nachos one time and they didn't even season the meat at all. i love to cook and i'm all about seasoning the meat a little cumin, garlic, lawry's seasoning salt and it would have been very good!

spikewilliams1996
Vampire
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by spikewilliams1996 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:00 pm

that sounds like a nice place where exactly in kentucky is it?
The only way the evil thing can get you is if you think about it.

kallie0509

Post by kallie0509 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:45 am

lexington