Look at these people's religous beliefs

Non-Halloween related stuff. Same rules: family oriented, no flaming, be nice. ;-)
spikewilliams1996
Vampire
What is the highest number?: 9

Look at these people's religous beliefs

Post by spikewilliams1996 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:06 pm

I am sorry for posting the topic but i am trying to find out how to delete them so wait aminute.
Last edited by spikewilliams1996 on Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The only way the evil thing can get you is if you think about it.

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:53 pm

Well first off I can say that I don't Like what this topic discusses. It seems like this topic wishes to discuss more about what people think about one's sexuality as it makes a strong reference to the direction of an individuals sexuality "in a religous context". This to me sounded like a discrimination/Hate Crime. To discriminate against anyone for their sexual orientation is Cruel & abominable! :evil: And it's simply appalling when reference to a Higher power is dragged into the already corrupt minds of human beings. And to ask for "normal people's" opinons, may I ask, can you define Normal Please?? Normal is a personal state of mind, there just isn't simply a classification for normal People. To say that any one person or group of people is "Normal" is simply impossible, as Normality is only a personal interpretation which has shown to be highly fallible, and what one person feels is normal another may feel is not " in which case who is correct"?
This thread "in my opinon" is a very slippery topic for which a great deal of harm could result to others. You wished for others to post their opinons and that is mine, I'm sorry but I just disfavour this topic, you asked so I hope honesty is what you were looking for.

kallie0509

Post by kallie0509 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:45 pm

i think that spike is simply discussing something that he doesn't feel is right and wanted others opinions about. i know what he's talking about, there were a group of christian fanatics that are protesting at soldiers funerals and said that god is punishing the U.S. with war and death because we allow gay people to live in our society. i also think that it's ridiculous.

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:56 pm

Well that's good then, because my opinion is what I gave. I can not believe we still have such Ignorant beings running lose around this planet.

magickbean
Halloween Master

Post by magickbean » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:00 pm

I remember that programme.. wasn't it a Louis Theroux documentary?? :o

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:08 pm

Magickbean, our darling magickbean! :D It's so wonderful to have you home, I missed you woman. I don't want to get off thread topic here so pm me and let me know how you've been, and please post those fantastic Halloween party pictures that I saw on Facebook, glad to have you back home :D :wink:

mama2taj
Master Reaper

Post by mama2taj » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:29 pm

If spike is talking about the Phelps family then I live in the same town as them. They used to protest every monday at 10:30 in front of my store. AND they were in front of my house once because the store across the street. Honestly I really do not like these Phelps. They are nothing but HATE. I had the courage one time to go ask the oldest man why he was doing this and he yelled and me telling me to repent!!! I told him the god he was talking about Love everyone no matter the sexual orientation. I dont think I should keep talking about this Tread. I have way too much to say. I just really dont agree with these people and I hate trying to hide my children from them and there signs. ohhh ok nevermind
Shadows of a thousand years rise again unseen, voices whisper in the trees, "Tonights Halloween"- Dexter Kozen

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:40 pm

mama2taj wrote: I told him the god he was talking about Love everyone no matter the sexual orientation.
Hey mama2taj, I just love what you said to them, yes it took a great deal of courage but you stood up for what you believe in a very respectful manner & for that you should be very proud! :D

mama2taj
Master Reaper

Post by mama2taj » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:46 pm

It felt good but i was too mad to enjoy it and I know it didnt get to him at all. That man will die thinking the same way he does now hes to ignorant. but anyways thanks DOD! everyone else I told was like why would you even talk to him?
Shadows of a thousand years rise again unseen, voices whisper in the trees, "Tonights Halloween"- Dexter Kozen

kallie0509

Post by kallie0509 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:00 pm

just a little story of mine...
several years ago, me and my b-friend at the time (also the father of my child) were driving down to tennessee and we stopped at a burgerking in the middle of no where, i'm talkin bout a little country town. anyhoo, we were standing in line and this old man was behind us and kept muttering stuff about the bible and the lord and was talking about how we (me and james) were going to hell. (i guess you could say that we look like a couple of hippies, james has long shoulder-length hair and a big bushy beard) the old man even told james that he needed to cut his hair if he didn't want to go to hell. i turned around and said, "sir, you can shove it or i'm going to call the police for harrassment" and the burgerking people asked if he was with us and i said, "no, does it look like it?" and they said, "oh, he comes in here all the time preaching"

well why the <deleted> did they ask if he was with us, if he was a regular harrasser? this situation still irks me to this day. :x biggots are everywhere, you can't escape.

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:34 am

As mush as I've said in the past..... not to YOU people but, in general...... That I really hate these Phelps people, I think this topic is just a bomb waiting to go off.

Religion + Politics = taboo
I'm just sayin.

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:17 am

Man, what a small world...I remember ol' Fred (that's the old guy on the tube and the one our lovely lady here on the board mama2taj got to talk to and got yelled at for her trouble..) he was up here once or twice for one reason or another...maybe to declare Jello santanic for all I know...("Look...the liquid is no LONGER a liquid...now it is SOLID! WITCHCRAFT I TELLS YA!)
I have this line I used once in front of family members who are...shall we say... a BIT more soically conservative then I am...I could see them nodding during the first part and then hitting the roof during the second part...it went;"I went to school and church here in a fundamentalist, Bible Believing county...which meant that eveybody was open for everything..sort of what growing up in 'Vegas must be like..."
Gramma remembered when women couldn't drive cars or vote. Gramp remembers when it was a CRIME to marry a black guy and when every Japanese the government could find was stuck in a detention camp until WWII blew over.
But we adapt...we EVOLVE...Fred or no Fred....pay the gink no mind and raise your kids to be loving, accepting Americans...they'll out live the hatred...just watch..
Future events such as these will effect you in the future

kallie0509

Post by kallie0509 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:20 am

uncletor wrote:Look...the liquid is no LONGER a liquid...now it is SOLID! WITCHCRAFT I TELLS YA!)

hehehe :lol: that was pretty funny. i went to a church that pretty much believed this way when i was growing up. :( that is why i no longer go to church, at such a young age they almost brain-washed me into believing everything was evil. i remember i got my ears peirced and i cried and cried because i just new god would be mad at me. then i found my own voice and realized that's not a way to live, to fear god and hell so much that you can't fuction. i am an athiest now.

mama2taj
Master Reaper

Post by mama2taj » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:11 am

Uncle your right. This is just the way it goes. And OEJ I know what your talking about. It sounds rediculous when I say I hate someone the hates so much. mabey hate is not the right word. but them in peticular gets to me becuas its afected my family personaly and my buisness. I only have a grudge because when my son was 3 he saw them every week and one day he asked me why the people on there signs were standing like that. you'll have to see the signs to understand. ill just say they have stick people on them. That and I would always be so embarresed having to explain to my custumers that they always do it. and they get to disgusted and don't want their children to see this eighter. I did move my store too. I don't know it is a really hard subject to talk about so with people and mabey I should stop. I guess I have my right to talk and so do they. blah blah. I don't know its not such a big deal I guess.

mama2taj
Master Reaper

Post by mama2taj » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:21 am

ill change the mood :D :D :D :D