Look at these people's religous beliefs

Non-Halloween related stuff. Same rules: family oriented, no flaming, be nice. ;-)
uncletor
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by uncletor » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:00 pm

kallie0509 I grew up in a family with TWELVE religions....probably even MORE political philosophies.
It was sort of the family business...any opinion was tolerated, but you had to have some ammo to back it up...you had to be nice and not flame..so you would get statements like this at the table:"Uncle len, I can't buy your stand on capital punishment, but that steak is ACES..."
Now, see, if you had grown up in MY FAMILY and cried and worried about going to hell, the Jewish ones would have said;"There IS no Hell, LOOK it up..."
Now, maybe you're right. maybe there's nothing else out there, and this is all there is, and when we die, I don't HAVE to worry about an endless Celine Dion concert if I am bad or mock the afflicted. But I find some parts of creation so SUBLIME and perfect that I just can't go with the idea of chance in my gut...I guess it's helped that I've read the owners manuals from all the big religions and they all seem to point to this loving God who likes a laugh and can still create something as awe inspiring as a snow drift that looks like a sand dune in the middle of a field...or the fact he keeps the lights on every day and hasn't hit me up for an electric bill yet.
Speaking of THE AFFLICTED, mama2taj, they tell me Ol' Fred is slowing down some but is as nutty as a soup sandwich...don't blame you for moving, though, what a tourist ATTRACTION he is...hey what's your biz, anyway?
But like the DoD, I give you full marks for at least trying to TALK to the man...I frankly WOULDN'T...
No, he is a total puzzle to me as well...he says mean ugly things and is very easy to despise...but try this...my uncle had to leave a chick behind when they all bailed out of mainland China in '40 or so the Imperial Japanese army was taking over...couldn't take her with them...and to help her survive, they shaved her head bald and dressed her up like a guy. they made it back in just before Christmas and eveybody was able to sit down and have their Christmas meal and eveything was cool...they were doing their prayers and all the chick would say was:"God give us strength not to hate the Japanese.." And that was ALL she would say.
I remember that when I see folks like Fred..but still don't let them get me down...
Future events such as these will effect you in the future

kallie0509

Post by kallie0509 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:50 pm

uncletor, very well said, you seem like a very well rounded person! :D
also is your hell a celin dion concert? hehehe, i think mine would be too! :lol:

spookyboo
Haunt Master

Religion

Post by spookyboo » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:32 pm

Wow this is a very charged and emotional post. People feel very strongly about their beliefs
throughout history people have lived and died for them. I think the problem lies not so much in what religion you belong to but the Intelligence and empathy of the individual person as they represent it. You can be very secure in your beliefs and still have an open mind. It's very sad that there are those who would pervert something "faith" and turn it into a
persecuting tool. I know what I believe in my heart and my belief is what is right for me.
it may not be right for anyone else, but we are all individuals and should make those decisions for ourselves. We are all influenced by regional, economical and familial
standards. We just need to look inside ourselves and try to be the best although sometimes
failable human being we can be.
Wild Winds thou shalt blow
carry away my saddened soul
tis the time of Judgement

spikewilliams1996
Vampire

Post by spikewilliams1996 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:19 pm

i didn't know this topic would have so many strong emotions. but i mean normal dutchess of darkness by not offensive but most people don't practice that religion and well that was my opinion that they are not normal but everyone can have their own beliefs and opinions that was just my opinion.and I was asking for honesty but this is a difficult topic for some people.
The only way the evil thing can get you is if you think about it.

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:54 pm

Hey Spike, I knew as soon as I saw this thread that it was a very slippery topic and I have a great deal of empathy for other's personal feelings and I was concerned that somone somewhere down the road might get hurt & I just didn't want to see that happen. I was very happy to see that someone wanted Honesty though and I really value the integrity you demonstrated by asking for it on such an emotional topic :) . Religion, politics, sexual orientation and the like are always slippery slope topics that are sure to arouse emotions. You see, I know you're new here, but there was once a boogyman who prowled around our little town here and created a lot of negative emotions and a great number of our family members were hurt, some of which haven't returned, and I just don't want to see anymore hurting " not saying you did hurt anyone though ok" just hoping to create some enlightment.
Anyways spike, welcome to spookytown and I look forward to chating with you more often :)

spikewilliams1996
Vampire

Post by spikewilliams1996 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:42 pm

I agree with you this is a slippery topic I do not want to hurt anyone but I'll try to not make anymore topics like this but I thought it would be like any of my other topics a few people will see it some might reply or none will reply like my quotes and poems topic nobody posted anyhting but people saw it .

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:47 pm

Kallie0509: Baby Brother came up with the concept. We were listening to either Rupert Holmes or Celine Dion or Streisand, at somebodies place and he turned to me and said;"Wanna know why I try and live a moral, pure and righteous life??? Because I know that if I am evil I will go to someplace and have to listen to these guys AND JOHN TESH for the eternity."
Made ME throw five more bucks in the collection plate.
Ah, DoD, the old days...trolls prowled the woods and innocent folks were in an uproar, complete with torches and quick lime..
You would have dug it, Spike...and all of a sudden the troll DISAPPEARED JUST LIKE THAT...(in a COMPLETELY unrelated development, the Duchess recieved a new man servant that she gives a new loin cloth to every High Holy Holday and who is charge of shovelling coal in her stately manor. Mutters something about wishing he had kept his mouth shut now..but..)

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:01 pm

my dear sweet uncletor, I so love your style. I know I can always count on you to get my metaphorical fill :wink:

spookyboo
Haunt Master

Post by spookyboo » Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:41 am

uncletor wrote: a new loin cloth to every High Holy Holday

Doesn't everybody? They look so cute in the loin cloth...besides I think it makes them happy!
Wild Winds thou shalt blow
carry away my saddened soul
tis the time of Judgement

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:41 am

hey, dutchess, WHAT metaphor????
the guy shovels coal in the basement and cleans the silver after you shanghied him and put him to work for his sins...
...still it beats singing in Boys 2 men....

spikewilliams1996
Vampire

Post by spikewilliams1996 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:21 pm

i'm sorry for making this slippery topic due to ameesge and the topic itself I am going to delete it.