Did you enjoy Halloween decorations and parties at school?

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Did you enjoy Halloween decorations and parties at school?

Post by Nostalgiascape » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:58 pm

When I was a kid in school, the decorations and parties definatly made school better, lol. Witch faces in windows. Orange and black paper chains. Skeletons ojn the doors. It was nice.
The dark night beckons. Bear us your soul, it whispers. Expose your wicked delights. Join the rest of us on the wind. The dark night beckons and we answer. Sailing into the shadows.

Haunt Master

Re: Did you enjoy Halloween decorations and parties at school?

Post by Haunt Master » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:41 pm

Yes, that was long time ago when I was kid in 1985, me and other kids went to the art class where we worked to decorate for Halloween. We cut the cardboards to make stand-up witch, vampire, werewolf, frankenstein, and a hanging ghost. Also, we draw some pictures of Halloween, everything like haunted house, spooky trees, full moon, ghosts, pumpkins, and more... We did color them, and paint them too! We did post the halloween pictures on the walls and windows. It was so fun! We had big halloween party in the gym. We had snacks, candies, and some punch drinks. Yeah, it was good times!

angel222
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by angel222 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:44 am

Nostalgiascape wrote:When I was a kid in school, the decorations and parties definatly made school better, lol. Witch faces in windows. Orange and black paper chains. Skeletons ojn the doors. It was nice.

Absolutely yes. I love the decorations because it made school so much fun to come everyday during the month of october. I love the pumpkins decorations alot.
hello

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:54 pm

All elementary schools are always decorating Halloween every year! I know they are still doing this year, they would make everything like Halloween arts, decors, etc in the classroom and in the hallway, maybe in the cafeteria.

mkz
Vampire

Post by mkz » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:04 pm

I like the funky costume ideas some people have back in highschool :lol:
Scifi horror movies freak :P

mike Z @
http://www.costumesupercenter.com

halloweenqueen
Haunt Master

Post by halloweenqueen » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:08 am

I so wish my kids could experience Halloween at school the way I did. I was an 80's kid and Halloween was a BIG deal at school in those days. (<~ that made me feel old hehehe) But seriously, Its so sad to me that my kids are going to have to, and have already begun to, experience Halloween in such a PC way at school, in neighborhoods, in stores, everywhere it seems. I know one things for sure....in my house, Halloween is done the right way!!!

witchy
Halloween Master

Post by witchy » Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:04 pm

Ohhh I love you avitar, Oh well, I love Frankie of any kind, I am not picky!!! Witchy

Halloween_Girl
Haunt Master

Post by Halloween_Girl » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:35 pm

I'm 15 so I still have time to enjoy the parties at school lol! But I love them soooooo much! It's the reason that I joined the dance/party comitee!
Beware Beware your in for a scare
The chair is rocking but nobodies there
The owls are mocking the Ghost are stocking
Beware Beware your in for a scare!

HalloweenDot
Site Admin
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by HalloweenDot » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:57 pm

That does bring back memories. Paste sometimes, glue others to make the paper chains. (Christmas chains too of course).

One of the best things I like from the movies though is the Halloween scene from the first Harry Potter (I think I've said that before). It is just a very homey scene with all the decorations in the great hall. ;-)
Nostalgiascape wrote:When I was a kid in school, the decorations and parties definatly made school better, lol. Witch faces in windows. Orange and black paper chains. Skeletons ojn the doors. It was nice.
Halloween.com since 1994 - Chris

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:25 am

Oh yeah...back in the mid-70's, we made paper chains for Christmas season...I remember making ornaments out of colored paper and glitter sprinkles, too.

Around Halloween/Thanksgiving, things looked really good. You'd see all kinds of store-bought Fall decorations in elementary school, turkeys, pumpkins, JOLs, cornucopias, fall leaves, all that cool stuff. Skeletons and bats were all around. Still remember fondly all those cool decorations and I wonder if that's still done !

HalloweenMelanie
Master Reaper

Post by HalloweenMelanie » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:43 am

Oh h*ll yes! I have loved Halloween since I can remember and I would always get involved in anything connected to it that I could.

I loved the whole windup to the holiday, starting in September when it was back to school, which was a fun vibe--the pace picking up, re-meeting old friends who had been away for the summer, etc. I lived in the northeast and seasons are a pretty big deal there so we would start with "colored leaf" decorations and all that practically from the time school started for the year (I'm talking about the very young grades, obviously). From there I would just go home and start drawing and coloring decorations and pasting them up in our windows.

As September turned to October I would comb the school library for spooky, scary books and would beg my parents to let me watch the scariest movies being shown on TV.

My mom was VERY indulgent of all this and allowed it and often joined in, and of course my sister would eventually start getting into it too, and my friends would start getting excited...so it was like a mini-celebration for two whole months. We'd start visiting the farm at this time to see all the gourds and pumpkins and smell the crisp air. My mom would start on sewing our costumes at least four to six weeks in advance of Halloween so she could make them just right. She could seriously sew anything. Anything at all. She'd start saying in August, "I want you girls to start thinking about what you want to 'be' this year so I can buy patterns and material." God, I was probably one of everything that existed during my childhood years.

The nights would fall earlier, the wind would pick up and sound spooky, we'd smell smoke from people's chimneys in the chilly early evenings and would smell spiced baked goods, apples...mmmmmmmmmmmmm. By the time party time rolled around, I was more than ready. I loved going to more than one party because then I'd get to wear my costume multiple times. About a week before Halloween, my father would pile us into the car and we'd go "house viewing"--looking for the spookiest, absolutely most terrifyingly decorated homes. We'd take an hour to just drive around all the streets in my town and the neighboring towns. My dad was an incredible photographer (he had his own darkroom) and he'd take pictures of the best ones and do special effects--this was the old days; no Photoshop! ;) -- just little tricks and fun stuff, like turning off the flash to take jack-o-lantern pictures so that all you could see on a black background was glowing eyes, nose and mouth.

Good times that I work on giving to my kids now! (And enjoying for myself at the same time.)