Halloween Horror Nights

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Haunt Master

Halloween Horror Nights

Post by Haunt Master » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:48 pm

This year's HHN looks to be a great one. I'm really diggin' this new website, though.

www.halloweenhorrornights.com/orlando

Pumpkin King
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Re: Halloween Horror Nights

Post by Pumpkin King » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:50 pm

This reminds me of our local Fright Nights. These kind of events never get old.

http://www.pne.ca/fright-nights/

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:24 pm

Pumpkin King wrote:This reminds me of our local Fright Nights. These kind of events never get old.

Thanks for posting the link, however, when I visited the link and it was shown that FRIGHT NIGHTS is now closed! What happened? Do you know why?

Fezzek
Zombie

Post by Fezzek » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:28 pm

Living so close to Orlando definitely has it's advantages. Site looks cool, and this should be a good one. The theme has allot of potential for messing with people. God knows "Mary" scared me enough as a kid!

I love HHN but hate how you have to go through most of the houses like "cattle". It was packed on the nights we went last year and it ruined some of the scares. My favorite thing by far though was the fake porta-potty. The door would open and a water jet would squirt people in the que line; i think we let people go past us for 15 minutes just to watch. it was hilarious!!
You can Keep your happy little elves, fat guys in red suits, and little spring rabbits. It's HALLOWEEN all the way for me!

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Post by Andybev01 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:36 pm

Fezzek wrote:Living so close to Orlando definitely has it's advantages. Site looks cool, and this should be a good one. The theme has allot of potential for messing with people. God knows "Mary" scared me enough as a kid!

I love HHN but hate how you have to go through most of the houses like "cattle". It was packed on the nights we went last year and it ruined some of the scares. My favorite thing by far though was the fake porta-potty. The door would open and a water jet would squirt people in the que line; i think we let people go past us for 15 minutes just to watch. it was hilarious!!
HA HA HA!!! I find the port-a-potty gag more entertaining than horror displays.
It shows more imagination in the true 'Trick'-or-Treat spirit!!! :lol:
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

Pumpkin King
Haunt Master

Post by Pumpkin King » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:06 pm

Haunt Master wrote:
Pumpkin King wrote:This reminds me of our local Fright Nights. These kind of events never get old.

Thanks for posting the link, however, when I visited the link and it was shown that FRIGHT NIGHTS is now closed! What happened? Do you know why?
Well Fright Nights is always closed this time of year. It won't open 'til late September. You can't even take a sneak peek without having security push you away. It's in a huge amusment park, even if you go on the rides, Fright Nights is covered with black tarps and has security left to right. I guess they don't wanna scare the kids who roam around. Fright Nights doesn't even allow kids when it opens. There's been too many kids who get scared enough, they breakdown in public. Maybe when myself and my queen go, we'll take a video camera to show all of you. :D

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:33 am

Thanks for letting me know.

So, is it located in Orlando? Or anywhere in FL?

Well, I wish I would drive 17-18 hours all the way down there, but I don't have enough money to go for gas, food, and the motel! :shock:

Pumpkin King
Haunt Master

Post by Pumpkin King » Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:35 am

Haunt Master wrote:Thanks for letting me know.

So, is it located in Orlando? Or anywhere in FL?

Well, I wish I would drive 17-18 hours all the way down there, but I don't have enough money to go for gas, food, and the motel! :shock:
No, it's located over here in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:58 am

Ohh, sorry! I didn't know you're from Canada! Forgive me that if I didn't know much anything about haunt places in CA! :)

HalloweenDot
Site Admin
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by HalloweenDot » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:55 am

I'm about 2 hours from Orlando, so not too close, but not too far. What do you think of the Haunted House in Old Town?

Fezzek wrote:Living so close to Orlando definitely has it's advantages. Site looks cool, and this should be a good one. The theme has allot of potential for messing with people. God knows "Mary" scared me enough as a kid!

Halloween.com since 1994 - Chris

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:57 pm

Haunted house in the Old Town? Never heard of it, so what is it and where is it located?

HalloweenDot
Site Admin

Post by HalloweenDot » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:44 pm

It is in Orlando, off of I-4.
Haunt Master wrote:Haunted house in the Old Town? Never heard of it, so what is it and where is it located?

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:59 pm

Ok, thanks for the information both of you Pumpking King and HalloweenCom. ;)

So, Pumpkin King, by any chance, when you go see Fright Nights, please lemme know. 8)

And, for you, HalloweenCom - Are you planning to see The Old Town? Is it really scary or not? Just curious.

HalloweenDot
Site Admin

Post by HalloweenDot » Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:32 pm

There is a haunted house there that really scared the people I was with. ;-)

Haunt Master wrote:Ok, thanks for the information both of you Pumpking King and HalloweenCom. ;)

So, Pumpkin King, by any chance, when you go see Fright Nights, please lemme know. 8)

And, for you, HalloweenCom - Are you planning to see The Old Town? Is it really scary or not? Just curious.

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:02 pm

Cool!

So, you will go there in the Old Town again this year?

For me, I would definitely go see Haunted Mansion in Virginia Beach, VA. :D But the problem is that they won't allow for any one of us to bring camera and videotape camera! :(

You know, most haunt houses (their rules) will not allow anyone to bring their cameras, videotapes, backpacks, flashlights, pin-point lights, etc.