Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Re: Do you think I'm weird?

Post by Rising Dead Man » Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:14 pm

I found it here:

http://www.hauntedxing.ca

But I did not get it.
Halloween wraps fear in innocence,
As though it were a slightly sour sweet.
Let terror, then, be turned into a treat...
~Nicholas Gordon

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:21 pm

I see... so, are you going to get it later on or what? Or, do you still look for the best tombstones? I like high quality designs of the tombstones because they do look REAL! I don't like to buy any cheap tombstones like from the Party City, Target, Wal Mart, etc. ;)

The only way I like is Halloween Planet and Halloween Express. Right now, Alarming Products doesn't carry that much tombstones in stock! :shock:

Rising Dead Man
Halloween Master

Post by Rising Dead Man » Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:24 pm

I think cheap ones from stores look real too. But break and fall over to easy.

I do not have any money. :( I am hoping to start a yard sale and get rid of old junk and make some $$$!!
~Nicholas Gordon

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:36 pm

Yeah, that's a good start to do the yard sale and sell some of the old stuffs away and make extra money! I hope so it will work for you to make more money, so you can spend on everything you want to decorate your own graveyard at home! 8)

Well, long time ago, I believe I was only 17 at high school... a teacher told me that we don't have to do the classwork because she needed us to help her out by folding the flyers called "Be A Booster" for school fund-raising organization, I can't remember all the details. Somehow, I was bad boy... :lol: I took some flyers and put in my bookbag and took them home. I walked all the houses for people to read, sign their names and give me the money! :shock: I saved the money and spent myself with good new clothes and stuffs like that! All students can't believe that I did it!!! :lol:

Rising Dead Man
Halloween Master

Post by Rising Dead Man » Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:41 pm

Naughty naughty!! LOL!! :lol:
~Nicholas Gordon

RckyMtnmomx3
Crypt Keeper

Post by RckyMtnmomx3 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:09 pm

You just sound a bit OCD. I put a graveyard scene out every year. last year I even got insulation foam (2" thick) at the home improvement store. I cut it into tombstone shapes for my son's 5th grade class. I paintd them gray and used some stone paint as well. They all got to make their own tombstones and we made a big graveyard. They took them home afterward.

DemonSlayerMau
Halloween Master

Post by DemonSlayerMau » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:27 pm

Naw, you aren't weird. I like grave yards too...they're very serene and peaceful...and they're safe because everyone's dead...unless you live in the Philapines where people actually live in the grave yards due to overcrowding. The grave yard up here is very pretty.
If you want to do a real grave yard, maybe you should buy real head stones. XD;
Naw I'm kidding, that'd be WAY too expensive, and rediculous. Have you tried just painting on real stones? I wish I could do a grave yard scene...but my grandmother kind of limits me on what I can do. I'm lucky that she lets me put my black cats out on the porch for display.
This probably seems crazy, crazy, a graveyard theory,
A ghost tried to approach me and got leery.
Ask him a question and he vanished in a second...

~ From a Ghost's Pumpkin Soup (Pumpkin Hill zone theme Song from Sonic Adventure 2) ~

StormyRose
Ghost

Post by StormyRose » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:23 pm

No, not at all. Maybe it's the history that intrigues you, let's face it, everyone has a story, and maybe when you see all the markers of people that have passed, you are interested in their stories.

Myself, I have a fear of death, and that's why I'm into Halloween. It makes me take a fun lighthearted approach to a subject (at least the death/ghost/spooky stuff) that in reality I find terrifying. Being a Halloween addict is cheaper than therapy!!

Now if you were constantly thinking of your OWN death, or plotting it (heaven forbid) Then I'd say you should seek professional counsel!

Samhain
Master Reaper

Post by Samhain » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:35 pm

Hey, I start thinking about Halloween when the first decorations start showing up in late July. The truth is that I never really stop. It's my favorite day of the year. Actually, I look at is as a season.
HAPPY HALLOWEEN...

Morticia
Haunt Master

Post by Morticia » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:08 pm

When my husband and I were in the UK back in '96 we didn't have a lot of spending money, so for fun we would go to old graveyards. Hubby knocked on a tomb and woke an old ghost up. He heard the footsteps behind him as we were leaving the graveyard (and he is NOT the kind of person to ever believe that sort of stuff). The graveyards in England and Scotland were awesome.
Be afraid....be very afraid!

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:18 pm

If I was goint to point my finger and say "You're wierd," I would be pointing at a mirror. Halloween is a "wierd" holiday, so don't worry about it. I like skelitons, pumpkins, vampires and the like, youlike grave yards. It's Halloween Fun. In this forum, you would be "wierd" if you didn't like these things. <narf narf>

Mike

HalloweenDot
Site Admin
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by HalloweenDot » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:38 pm

I think that if you are enjoying it, you are not weird. All part of the Halloween festivities.

By the way, how is school going this year? Enjoying it so far?
Rising Dead Man wrote:Ever since I got that gravestone decoration at Walgreens a few years ago (the kind you write the name you want on it) I have not been able to stop thinking about graveyards. When I got the gravestone I thought putting a graveyard in the front yard and pretending it is real was fun. So that gravestone started my obsession (not sure if I am spelling everything right) with cemeteries. Now every Halloween I put a graveyard in the front yard. I like to look at them on the internet. I get all exited when I see gravestones in a store at Halloween time. A friend of mine said it is not normal for me to be looking up graveyards on the internet all the time. What do you think? Do you think I'm weird?
Halloween.com since 1994 - Chris

HalloweenDot
Site Admin
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by HalloweenDot » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:41 pm

I really like the old churches, castles and caves in Europe. The old cathedrals with the ancient tombs below them or near them are just amazing. Ditto with the old castles. In particular I liked the ones in Wales and the rest of the UK. Also the Swiss and German ones were awesome to see.

Some of the Stonehenge-like areas are quite cool. I prefer the non-Stonehenge ones because they are less well known and consequently not crowded.
Morticia wrote:When my husband and I were in the UK back in '96 we didn't have a lot of spending money, so for fun we would go to old graveyards. Hubby knocked on a tomb and woke an old ghost up. He heard the footsteps behind him as we were leaving the graveyard (and he is NOT the kind of person to ever believe that sort of stuff). The graveyards in England and Scotland were awesome.
Halloween.com since 1994 - Chris

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:03 pm

Me too!

I do like old churches, castles, tombstones, graveyards, etc. in Europe. I've seen some scary movies where Christopher Lee acted as Dracula in England and Scotland. It was good movies thru... ;)

Have you seen "The Wicker Man" 1973 version? Also, have you seen "Horror of Dracula?"

[quote="HalloweenCom"]I really like the old churches, castles and caves in Europe. The old cathedrals with the ancient tombs below them or near them are just amazing. Ditto with the old castles. In particular I liked the ones in Wales and the rest of the UK. Also the Swiss and German ones were awesome to see.

Some of the Stonehenge-like areas are quite cool. I prefer the non-Stonehenge ones because they are less well known and consequently not crowded.