hair and makeup for mrs. lovett.

Chat about your costumes
autumnbr33ze
Zombie
What is the highest number?: 9

hair and makeup for mrs. lovett.

Post by autumnbr33ze » Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:44 pm

hey, guys! i figured if there was one place i could get feedback about my makeup/hair practice for halloween, it'd be here [:

i'm planning on adding more white to the base makeup but i don't have any at all right now, so i just used flour [:

here we go:
Attachments
the whole SHABANG [:
the whole SHABANG [:
Photo 4.jpg (73.1 KiB) Viewed 7990 times
the MAKEUP.
the MAKEUP.
Photo 6.jpg (74.69 KiB) Viewed 7990 times
the HAIR.
the HAIR.
Photo 10.jpg (73.59 KiB) Viewed 7990 times
eat, drink, and be scary.
-author unknown.

jadewik
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: hair and makeup for mrs. lovett.

Post by jadewik » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:51 pm

I think your hair is too kempt to look like Lovett's, which is ratty... but... I tend to like more kempt hair, and I do like the way you've pinned it up, so you could just use your variation. =)

The only other suggestion I'd have would be to put more of the darker makeup below your eyes to give then a hollow, sleep deprived and starved look. You might also consider adding a little shading below your cheek bones (just below where you'd normally apply blush) to give your face a more sallow look.

... and... your lips are far too red. They look vibrant and full of life. I'd colour them with a pale pink or even a grey colour.

Here's a good reference photo of Sweeney Todd on imdb:
http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3394672640/tt0408236

autumnbr33ze
Zombie
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by autumnbr33ze » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:23 pm

ah, thanks so much!
eat, drink, and be scary.
-author unknown.

carriewhite410
Ghost

Post by carriewhite410 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:31 pm

Your whole costume and makeup thing kinda depends on the version of Lovett you want to do. Me and my best friend were both Lovett last Halloween, but i was the revival version and she was the obc version.

OBC: Her colors are a little less dark, and consists more of greens, reds, and blacks. Her hair is a bit messy, and is a little harder to do.
REVIVAL: She's all dark colors, but not gothic looking. Light shades of black, or thin layers, are the best for makeup, along with REALLY bright red lipstick. Her hair is pretty much just down, so it's easier
BURTON: This is definately the gothic look, so makeup would need lots of blacks, browns, and grays. The eyes would need a lot of black to look sunken in. No bright colors, and blush would help with the unkept poor look. Keep the same color tones even if your doing the second act costume.

There's my help. I hope your costume comes out great. I had a lot of fun with Lovett last year (i was second act Revival Lovett, top hat and all), she's definately a unique character.