Halloween heirlooms

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Haunt Master

Halloween heirlooms

Post by Haunt Master » Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:45 pm

Do you have a cherished Halloween decoration that was made by a friend or family member?
Please post a pic here (any sizes from smaller to larger) and write a few sentences explaining who made it and why it means so much to you. ;)

Halloween_crazyy
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Re: Halloween heirlooms

Post by Halloween_crazyy » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:39 pm

I have a TON of pics but they aren't on my computer. I'll try to scan them into my computer ASAP!
H A P P Y H A L L O W E E N !

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:51 pm

That's very cool! I'd love to see 'em all here!

Thanks to Halloween Crazyy! ;)

Halloween_crazyy
Haunt Master

Post by Halloween_crazyy » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:54 pm

I have lots from when I was really little, like 5 or 6, that my friends made for me. I had a Halloween party in 1st grade, and we all did Halloween crafts and gave them to one another. :)
H A P P Y H A L L O W E E N !

theicewitch
Crypt Keeper

Post by theicewitch » Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:50 pm

I plan on bequeathing all my creations to my son when he is grown and I am past being able to do all the work of haunting my house.

Desdemona
Vampire

Post by Desdemona » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:03 pm

I was married in September and the first holiday was Halloween. We had very little money and really none to spend on decorations *but* we had a small toy store in a local mall that carried cheap holiday stuff every year to boost sales and I found a package of 2 large tissue paper honeycomb pumpkins (hard to explain but I'm sure everyone has seen something similar) for $.50 which I knew I could leave out for Thanksgiving as well, and packages of crepe paper streamers for $.25 each so I bought orange and black and strung them up around the apartment. That was 30 years ago and I still have the honeycomb pumpkins which my daughters insist we open and display every year (along with the rest of the decorations we have collected or made) because they are "cool".
At first cock-crow the ghosts must go
Back to their quiet graves below. - Theodosia Garrison

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Post by Andybev01 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:57 pm

Desdemona wrote:I was married in September and the first holiday was Halloween. We had very little money and really none to spend on decorations *but* we had a small toy store in a local mall that carried cheap holiday stuff every year to boost sales and I found a package of 2 large tissue paper honeycomb pumpkins (hard to explain but I'm sure everyone has seen something similar) for $.50 which I knew I could leave out for Thanksgiving as well, and packages of crepe paper streamers for $.25 each so I bought orange and black and strung them up around the apartment. That was 30 years ago and I still have the honeycomb pumpkins which my daughters insist we open and display every year (along with the rest of the decorations we have collected or made) because they are "cool".
Thats great!

I love those honeycomb decoration, but can't seem to find them in stores any more.

*sigh*
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.