Halloween Horror Nights

Discussion of general Halloween topics
HalloweenDot
Site Admin
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: Halloween Horror Nights

Post by HalloweenDot » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:38 pm

Maybe, it has been a while since I have been, but will go back eventually. Not sure when.
Haunt Master wrote:Cool!

So, you will go there in the Old Town again this year?

For me, I would definitely go see Haunted Mansion in Virginia Beach, VA. :D But the problem is that they won't allow for any one of us to bring camera and videotape camera! :(

You know, most haunt houses (their rules) will not allow anyone to bring their cameras, videotapes, backpacks, flashlights, pin-point lights, etc.
Halloween.com since 1994 - Chris

HorrificHeather
Crypt Keeper
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by HorrificHeather » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:20 am

This is my 3rd year going. I can truefully say that this is the scariest event I've ever been to. I'll never forget the 1st year I went in 06. I remember standing in front of an alleyway right near the Deadtroplis scarezone, being scared out of my mind, and refusing my boyfriends requests to go down that dark alley. This years event However, looks too amazing for words. After last years fiasco, (too much to mention) I feel they owe us a haunt like this. Anyone have plans to go? Tickets cost an arm and leg this year...oh well, It's worth every penny!!

HalloweenDot
Site Admin

Post by HalloweenDot » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:24 am

No plans as of yet, but I'm only about 2 hours away so it is easy to just go at the last minute (provided tickets are available). ;-)

Do you think they'll have fixed whatever the problems were from last year?
HorrificHeather wrote:This is my 3rd year going. I can truefully say that this is the scariest event I've ever been to. I'll never forget the 1st year I went in 06. I remember standing in front of an alleyway right near the Deadtroplis scarezone, being scared out of my mind, and refusing my boyfriends requests to go down that dark alley. This years event However, looks too amazing for words. After last years fiasco, (too much to mention) I feel they owe us a haunt like this. Anyone have plans to go? Tickets cost an arm and leg this year...oh well, It's worth every penny!!

HorrificHeather
Crypt Keeper

Post by HorrificHeather » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:39 pm

They've already made steps in the right direction. Last year, they dident have scarezones, just random people in costume running around. I think the scarezones make up about a quarter of the fun. They wouldent let people take pictures or video of certain things or people last year as well. ALOT of folks were pissed about this (myself included) The whole event just felt rushed, and not once did I get scared nor jump. But just by looking at the website for this year...I would'nt miss HHN 18 for anything in this world.

Pumpkin King
Haunt Master

Post by Pumpkin King » Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:42 am

My wife and myself went to Fright Nights. We just walked around, didn't feel like going on any rides. It was a fun but very cold night. When my wife was in the washroom, I was sitting on a bench just watching everyone else get scared by the employee's that are dressed up. There was a kid, probably about 15-17 years old who got touched on his shoulder by some guy in some kind of goblin costume. This kid turned around in fear and punched this guy. The kid threw one hell of a punch because this poor guy dropped to the ground. The kid and his friends were nice enough to help the guy up. It was funny watching this poor goblin walk away holding his face. As we walked past the roller coaster, this man in some kind of zombie costume scared my wife real bad, she almost jumped to the moon! She got so scared she couldn't sleep, so we're awake in our living room. I'm waiting for her to get tired so we can go to bed. I was hoping to get some tonight, but I guess not. :(

HalloweenDot
Site Admin

Post by HalloweenDot » Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:11 am

That poor guy! I didn't see anyone get hit at HHN this year.

I did go to Halloween Horror Nights on Thursday and then again last night (Saturday) with my cousin (I live about 2 hours away and my cousin about an hour away and I was over at her house for dinner and we decided to go).

It was a lot of fun and there were a lot of people getting scared. I took some pictures and am going to post them shortly and tell everyone more about how it was.
Pumpkin King wrote:My wife and myself went to Fright Nights. We just walked around, didn't feel like going on any rides. It was a fun but very cold night. When my wife was in the washroom, I was sitting on a bench just watching everyone else get scared by the employee's that are dressed up. There was a kid, probably about 15-17 years old who got touched on his shoulder by some guy in some kind of goblin costume. This kid turned around in fear and punched this guy. The kid threw one hell of a punch because this poor guy dropped to the ground. The kid and his friends were nice enough to help the guy up. It was funny watching this poor goblin walk away holding his face. As we walked past the roller coaster, this man in some kind of zombie costume scared my wife real bad, she almost jumped to the moon! She got so scared she couldn't sleep, so we're awake in our living room. I'm waiting for her to get tired so we can go to bed. I was hoping to get some tonight, but I guess not. :(

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:43 pm

That was really funny! :lol: I guess that guy and your wife are doing all right! ;)

Pumpkin King wrote:There was a kid, probably about 15-17 years old who got touched on his shoulder by some guy in some kind of goblin costume. This kid turned around in fear and punched this guy. The kid threw one hell of a punch because this poor guy dropped to the ground. The kid and his friends were nice enough to help the guy up. It was funny watching this poor goblin walk away holding his face. As we walked past the roller coaster, this man in some kind of zombie costume scared my wife real bad, she almost jumped to the moon!

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:37 pm

I got this news from Haunted Report! :D

Inside Universal Studios Halloween Horror Nights

http://www.hauntedreport.com/2008/10/in ... hallo.html

ENJOY! 8)

HorrificHeather
Crypt Keeper

Post by HorrificHeather » Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:41 am

Hey HalloweenCom I was there too on that Thursday! It was SOOOOO freaking great. The only house I dident like was Dead Exposure. I just couldent see anything in there. I thought the Bill and Ted show SUCKED this year too. I actually missed a house (Intersteller Terror) so watch that <deleted>. Oh well. Here's some of my pics.

HalloweenDot
Site Admin

Post by HalloweenDot » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:44 pm

I am sorry I missed you!
I did go to see Interstellar Terror and everyone who was with me liked it a lot. There was one spot where you are kind of on a bridge and they had the lights spinning around you. It was quite disorienting, but a really neat effect.

I didn't see Bill and Ted or Dead Exposure, so I guess I missed the right ones!

Did you see the Rocky Horror tribute? We missed it, the next show time was too far in the future and we went to other stuff.
Chris
HorrificHeather wrote:Hey HalloweenCom I was there too on that Thursday! It was SOOOOO freaking great. The only house I dident like was Dead Exposure. I just couldent see anything in there. I thought the Bill and Ted show SUCKED this year too. I actually missed a house (Intersteller Terror) so watch that <deleted>. Oh well. Here's some of my pics.

HalloweenDot
Site Admin

Post by HalloweenDot » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:22 pm

Bloody Mary at the entrance to Halloween Horror Nights, October 2008
Attachments
SDC10009.JPG
SDC10009.JPG (41.46 KiB) Viewed 10184 times

HalloweenDot