How much do you like Christmas?

See the SantaClaus.com forums for Christmas and Santa chat.
http://www.SantaClaus.com/forums/
Rising Dead Man
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

How much do you like Christmas?

Post by Rising Dead Man » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:58 pm

I love Christmas too. All the joy and cheer and I love those Christmas songs. Christmas music really gets me in that cheery Christmas mood. All year long I get Christmas songs stuck in my head sometimes. :D
Halloween wraps fear in innocence,
As though it were a slightly sour sweet.
Let terror, then, be turned into a treat...
~Nicholas Gordon

OctoberChill
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: How much do you like Christmas?

Post by OctoberChill » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:20 pm

I love it. I get deep into it. The decorating, the music. It reminds me of being a child about as much as Halloween does.

It's an exciting time of year. I do the traditional Christmas.

Rising Dead Man
Halloween Master

Post by Rising Dead Man » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:06 pm

But Halloween is always at the top of my list. :D
~Nicholas Gordon

DemonSlayerMau
Halloween Master

Post by DemonSlayerMau » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:24 pm

I love Christmas, but I usually don't get into the Christmas spirit until about November first, and then I have to adjust from the dark and gloomy halloween decorations to the bright and shiney christmas ones.
And then begins my hunt for Kitty Christmas Ornaments and Plushies. The Ornaments I might be lucky to find, and I was lucky to find some Ornaments in yard sales this year...
But they mostly have plush dogs >.< Christmas cats are harder to find than Halloween Black cats.
Personally kitties are much cuter than dogs and I think Christmas could use more of the cute Christmas kittens.
...of course I look for kitties in any holiday. Even easter! And I was lucky to find some paper plates, napkins and cups...with kitties on them for easter. XD;
I used to love Rudolph the red nosed reindeer..no matter WHAT time of the year it was. XD; I hated when Christmas specials didn't include the reindeer with the shiny nose.
I've also got a nice nativity collection started...including a cat nativity XD;
This probably seems crazy, crazy, a graveyard theory,
A ghost tried to approach me and got leery.
Ask him a question and he vanished in a second...

~ From a Ghost's Pumpkin Soup (Pumpkin Hill zone theme Song from Sonic Adventure 2) ~

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:06 pm

Well I can't really say that Christmas is my favorite holiday. In fact it's not even my 2nd favorite, though it was when I was a kid. But I do love the Advent Wreath, putting up a real Christmas tree and playing Christmas music. I do love it, and I do celebrate it but hhere is the order in which I list the holidays, from favorite to least favorite.

1. Halloween
2. 4th of July
3. St. Patrick's Day.
4. Thanksgiving
5. Easter
6. Christmas / New Years Eve & Day tied for the same place

Yes, it's pretty much at the bottom of my list. Other miscellenous holidays and observances, like Labor Day, Memorial Day, Valentines Day, etc, are just nice in some ways, but I don't h ave any major traditions that I observe. Christmas is more fun and has more beloved traditions then Easter, but it's also a time of great stress, and Easter is more relaxed, and it's also the day I can FINALY enjoy the things that I promised to give up for lent.

Mike

SpookShowBaby
Haunt Master

Post by SpookShowBaby » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:32 am

I love Christmas not at all. I hate the winter and the snow. My fiance is a Christmas NUT. I don't like the happy shiny decorations and Santa was always a bit creepy for me. Last year I did get to pick out some Pagan holiday decorations, and that made me feel a bit better. Now if only the multi-colored decorations could mysteriously break somehow this year so we could get new ones . . . . . *evil laugh*
“Come let us meet, with charm and spell, by magic arts our fates to tell.”

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Post by Andybev01 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:24 pm

Love it.

It's the Ying to my Halloween Yang. Or however that works...balance.

(Don we now our gay apparell...)
Attachments
Bing and Rosemary.JPG
Bing and Rosemary.JPG (209.88 KiB) Viewed 24716 times
Snowman Army.gif
Snowman Army.gif (177.98 KiB) Viewed 24716 times
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

SnowyPumpkin
Ghost

Post by SnowyPumpkin » Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:57 pm

CHRISTMAS IS MY FAVORITE!!!!! YAY!!! :D

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:34 pm

Like I said, it's not my favorite holiday, but I do like it. My problem is that 1. I'm not a child any more, and Christmas is more geared for children then adults, and 2. my family has lost all sense of tradition when it comes to how we celebrate Christmas, and 3. I often get very depressed during the months of January and February, or as it's often called "Post Holiday depression." January is like a whole month of Mondays, and February is not much better, though in 09, I will be celebrating "Little Halloween" on Friday Feb 13th, with a trip to the movie theatre to see the remake of that movie, and with a fake Jack O'Lantern and one of my "Dark Shadows" video cassettes after I get home. I don't think I'll take the day off from work, however, as I hate to waist a vacation day in February. But that 'post-Christmas Winter season is hard to take.

Mike

Rising Dead Man
Halloween Master

Post by Rising Dead Man » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:13 pm

I'm not a child any more, and Christmas is more geared for children then adults
That is NOT true! :evil:
~Nicholas Gordon

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:13 pm

Well that's pretty much how I see it. To me Christmas is the celebration of the birthof Jesus Christ. In other words when Jesus was born. He was a baby on that very first Christmas. Christmas, was started by a child, and for that reason is geared towards the family, with the emphasis on children. Now some of you may say that Christmas traditions and the like are rooted in pegan rituals from years past, and you would be correct, but I celebrate it as a Christian.

I do celebrate Christmas, so please don't get me wrong. I love Christmas tradition, but it's not the "magical" holiday that it was when I was a chile and still believed in Santa Clause and the elves. I do attend mass and I buy presents, but it's just not my absolute favorite holiday any more.

Mike

ooga_booga
Haunt Master

Post by ooga_booga » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:54 am

I love Christmas.
Serial Thread Killer.

Halloween4Ever
Zombie

Post by Halloween4Ever » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:33 pm

I love Christmas, with Halloween being a very, very close second.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:37 pm

I like Christmas, and alli t's traditions and getting together with my family, but Halloween is by far my favorite holiday.

Mike

Big Lew
Ghost

Post by Big Lew » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:31 pm

I like Christmas, but I use to love it. Now it's gotten to be so much work that there isn't anytime for the fun stuff. I mean all the decorating, shopping, wrapping, cooking, mandatory parties and such, leaves no time for enjoying things like the parade, Christmas shows and movies, impromptu get togathers with friends, listening to music in front of the fire, the real fun stuff. Every year i ask my wife to let's keep it simple so we have time to enjoy, but every year she ropes me into the go, go, go then before you know it, it's Christmas Eve and you wish you had more time because you were just starting to enjoy the holidays. So once again this year I'll try to keep things simple, light, and most of all fun. Good Luck to me.